PDA

View Full Version : Help Please-Last question before we book today

disneykindofgal
06-12-2004, 10:34 AM
Which is THE best moderate resort to stay at hands down. We have decided that in our budget this year, the Poly isn't a good option for us and would like a moderate resort. Which is "THE" best one. We like both the Coronodo Springs and Caribbean Beach and the French Quarter. Which is "the" best of these handsdown. I would appreciate the feedback as we want to book the rooms tonight. Thanks!

Disney next month 7/2004 almost a REALITY- WOO HOO!:earsgirl:

Minky
06-12-2004, 10:45 AM
I can honestly tell you that all 4 are great. You have to decide which theme you would love the most. Mexico? Down South Mardi Gras? Or Tropical? They all deliver on their theme. Me personally being from NJ, I like to feel like I am AWAY when I am on vacation so I LOVE Caribbean Beach. As far as theming and the grounds it is my favorite. All of the moderates are spread out, but its part of the charm. Walking the grounds is REALLY enjoyable. The least spread out is POFQ, which is great if you want the Mardi Gras theme, but in my opinion CBR. You will not be dissapointed and its a lot of peoples favorite

Boardwalk Tigger
06-12-2004, 10:47 AM
There ISN'T a " best moderate hands down"!!! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder:) It all depends on what you are looking for. The moderates offer many different things. What appeals to you? The only information you will get from your question will be a poll of favorites of whomever comes on line today. What information do you need to make a decision? Good Luck;)

RobinMarie
06-12-2004, 10:47 AM
I agree you must pick a theme you like. If you were attracted to tropical you might want to go with CB.

We loved the Victorian feel at POR. I also liked the grounds and never noticed a walk feeling too long. There is a boat to DTD as well as busses, so this resort has multiple transportation options.

If you are pool/slide people you might want to consider CSR.

Small, compact, intimate resort - POFQ

Let us know what you choose!

landmark
06-12-2004, 11:20 AM
I agree with the poster that said everyone will have a different version of what is the best... we are all looking for different things. One of the things I do when looking at a resort is to think about what type of theme I'd enjoy, what dining options are available. (check out the menus for each resort) and location/transportation. I think every resort has something different to offer and that they weren't designed to be "everyones" favorite.

Boardwalk Tigger
06-12-2004, 11:23 AM
Are you traveling with children or without and how young are they? I think FQ is great for small children but my teen and tween would not be excited about the pool there. I think the overall favorite in some of the Disney sites, materials I read is POR which is not one of your choices.

ugadog99
06-12-2004, 12:36 PM
I agree that is all about theming and personal preference. We have stayed at CBR and loved it. This trip we will be at CSR. I am fond of southwest theming anyway. We will probably never stay at POR or French Quarter. They are too much like home for us. I love the deep South, but want something different on vacation.

Debbart
06-12-2004, 08:32 PM
disneykindofgal:
all of your posts seem to have this common, desperate thread to find "the Best"..I agree with the other posters--this is very subjective---research, ask questions and then decide based on your own tastes what is best for you---and relax!! It's all Disney!!There's nothing bad!!!

momxx5
06-12-2004, 08:46 PM
Okay, I'm not afraid to voice my opinion - LOL!

Yes, the "best" is subjective. However I think that POR - either the Bayou or Victorian areas are very beautiful, nicely themed, great amenities, excellent food court, etc.

That would be my pick.

LadyTrampScamp&Angel
06-12-2004, 09:09 PM
Yep, what is "best" depends on your preferences and needs. It's very individual but all are nice resorts. Just as an example, I'm originally from the southwest so CSR is hard for me to get excited about - although I know lots of people love it - I grew up with that kind of atmosphere and want to go somewhere different for me. Between the other two - POFQ is much smaller than CBR, got a boat ride to DTD, many kids like the dragon slide and it's recently refurbished. CBR is very tropical, beautiful bouganvilla (sp?), slightly larger rooms with more storage I think, it was refurbished just a few years ago. It is big but I think you can now book a preferred location room for about $15 more a night if you want to be close to the food court/main pool. If this link works I've got a few pics of CBR:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ladytrampscampandangel/album?.dir=/April+2002+Disney+Vacation&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ladytrampscampandangel/my_photos

Don't stress too much - they are all nice, just decide what appeals most to you :)

LadyTrampScamp&Angel
06-12-2004, 09:23 PM
Photo tour of POFQ:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/sue_holland/sh040528.htm

Photo tour of CBR:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/sue_holland/CBR_tour.htm

and CSR:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/sue_holland/CSR_tour.htm

Good Luck and have fun!