PDA

View Full Version : FW and POR Carriage Rides/ Sleigh Rides?

jcemom
06-11-2004, 11:12 PM
I have seen the carriage rides offered at FW and POR. I have also seen the FW rides referred to as Sleigh Rides at Christmas time. Is it the same thing? Or is it actually a sleigh instead of a carriage? Is POR's carriage ride anything special at Christmas time, or the same as the rest of the year? TIA

kmc
06-12-2004, 08:30 AM
i remember reading something about sleigh rides at christmas time also at WL but i don't remember the details but hopefully someone on here can be more helpful::yes::

jcemom
06-12-2004, 12:19 PM
:confused: Somebody? Anybody? :confused:

jcemom
06-12-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by kmc
i remember reading something about sleigh rides at christmas time also at WL but i don't remember the details but hopefully someone on here can be more helpful::yes::

Wilderness Lodge

Holiday Sleigh Rides -- Enjoy a leisurely 30-minute carriage ride through the Walt Disney World backwoods from November 30 - December 30! . All rides depart from the Porte Cochere in front of the Wilderness Lodge and will return to the same location every half hour between 5:30pm and 10:00pm (December 24th hours are 3:00pm - 7:00pm). Cost is $30 (tax included) per carriage. Up to 3 adults and 2 children or 4 adults will fit in the carriage. To reserve call WDW-PLAY; Please arrive 15 minutes prior to ride time. For same-day bookings, call 407-824-2832. A $30 fee will be charged for no-shows or for cancellations within 24 hours.

I found that at allearsnet. Maybe those are the "sleigh" rides I heard about and I confused them with the carriage rides at FW. But still, I'm wondering if it's all the same type of "carriage" or is there something different about it???

slimplaw
06-12-2004, 03:42 PM
There are carriage rides at FW and last Christmas they introduced sleigh rides originating at WL. The WL sleigh was an actual sleigh they mounted on wheels. The driver told us about the manufacturer and all during our sleigh ride. The route is through the woods between WL and FW. We saw deer along the pathway. We were allowed to have hot chocolate with us during the trip.

jcemom
06-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Thank you, that is exactly what I wanted to know! :sunny:

graygables
06-13-2004, 11:56 PM
We took one of these "sleigh" rides in December (me and DDs). They got a huge kick out of climbing into the shiny red "sleigh" and trotting off under the palm trees (esp since we had left 6" of snow back home!) There was a quilt for our laps (and we were grateful, it was nippy!) and we had a pleasant and peaceful trot around the WL. It was also fun having people take our pictures...felt like celebrities! If it's available...go for it!