PDA

View Full Version : Internet access at WDW

jfs9900
06-12-2004, 12:08 AM
Leaving for Disney in less then a week. We have a large group traveling so going down we are going to use internet check-inwith the airline the night before. This way we can all have our seat assignments before hand. However we can't check-in for the return flight until we it is less than 24 hours from departure.

We are staying in the Fort wilderness cabins. Is there anywhere in the Disney resort that offers internet access? Where is it located, and how much does it cost?

Thanks

Demosthenes
06-12-2004, 12:20 AM
Your cabin phone will have a data port. Each call is $0.75 plus any applicable long distance.

jfs9900
06-12-2004, 12:23 AM
I have a notebook, but won't be taking it with us and I would require access to a printer as well (to print the boarding passes)

Demosthenes
06-12-2004, 02:04 PM
I believe that all of the WDW resort convention centers have terminals you can use. I know for sure this is true at the GF; but be prepared to pay through the nose. It cost me around $20 to be on for just a few minutes last September.

dizneycc
06-12-2004, 02:27 PM
We just used the internet at the GF convention center in May. It either cost $10/15 minutes or $15/10 minutes. I can't remember. They only had two terminals, so we had to wait about 10 minutes. But it was worth it, not having to worry about when we got to the airport.

jfs9900
06-12-2004, 04:14 PM
Anything in Downtown Disney, or maybe the S&D hotel?

boswellnakia
06-15-2004, 11:18 PM
Does anyone know of any free wireless points in WDW or the area?

ducklite
06-16-2004, 08:02 AM
No free wireless points.

The YC, GF, BWI, CR, CSR all have business centers with computers. $40/hour, breakable into 15 minute segments and pro-rated. 25 cents for each page your print. They are NOT open 24 hours a day, so plan accordingly.

There is a 24 hour business center at the Dolphin, the Swan's is open daily as well, but not 24 hours. The Internet rates there are comparable to those at the Disney Resorts.

The Hilton and Wyndham also ahve business centers, but I do'nt have any info on them.

Anne

ditzel
06-17-2004, 01:17 AM
Last year I brought my notebook and used the dial up access at the CR. I was happy to see this on the Disney official site under room discription.
Room Features (Note the High Speed Internet Access):

Most rooms are available with your choice of king-size bed (available with daybed), two queen-size beds, and one queen-size bed with a daybed
Disabled accessible rooms available
24-hour room service
Turndown service upon request
Nonsmoking rooms available
Irons, ironing boards, hairdryers and make-up mirrors in each room
Cribs and refrigerators available
In-room safes
Dual line phones with voicemail
Disney Channel and ESPN
Newspaper delivery
High Speed Internet Access
Laundry facilities/services

I read somewhere else that it is wireless access for about 9.95 a day. I may have that price slightly off.

Pam