PDA

View Full Version : BW deluxe room w/concierge

ellenmiele
06-11-2004, 07:41 PM
Any feedback from anyone out there on recent experience with the BW deluxe room (Sleeps 6) with concierge service? We have a reserv. for end Oct/early Nov. but I was considering trying to change to BC 2br villa (a few more $$$) -- not for more space, just because of the pool? Any thoughts? THANKS

Deb & Bill
06-11-2004, 09:54 PM
Before you cancel you concierge room, make sure the 2 bedroom is available during the time you need it. I know the rooms on points are pretty much booked for that time with the Food & Wine festival and MNSSHP going on. You can use the Luna Park pool any where that you stay at BW, not just the villas.

catnik
06-12-2004, 09:08 AM
Deb & Bill:

If I read your post correctly, even tho she is thinking of a 2 bedroom villa at Beach Club she would still be able to use the pool at Boardwalk? I know pool hopping is allowed for DVC owners/guests but I think that she is paying cash thru Disney CRO, not renting points. Under that scenario, presuming she is staying at a BC villa, is the answer still yes on using the Luna pool?

Ms. WDW
06-12-2004, 10:33 AM
I was considering trying to change to BC 2br villa (a few more $$$) -- not for more space, just because of the pool?

I'm assuming the OP is talking about changing from the BWI to the BCV because of Stormalong Bay pool.

If that's the case, then she would most likely NOT be able to use the pool at the Boardwalk because she is NOT a DVC Member.

Cinderella37
06-12-2004, 02:21 PM
We love the BWI Deluxe Concierge room, but there are only two of us. The room is lovely and the service is wonderful. If using Stormalong Bay is very important to you, then I'd switch to BCV, but the BWI has a very nice pool also. Have a great trip.

I think ellenmiele was stating that she may move to BCV to use Stormalong Bay, not the pool at the BWI. I think Deb & Bill may have mistakenly thought ellenmiele was thinking of changing her reservation to the BoardWalk Villas, rather than Beach Club Villas.

ellenmiele
06-12-2004, 09:27 PM
That's right -- I was thinking of changing to BCV (2br villa) as opposed to staying with the BW deluxe concierge room, and the reason was really whether stormalong bay pool would be worth the more$$ of the BCV over what we're paying at BW for the deluxe room. It doesn't make sense for me to take a 2br villa at BW if I'm paying cash becase it's more $$ than the deluxe room and since we're only staying 5 nights I can do without the washer/dryer. Plus, I can do without the kitchen if there's concierge. The main point really is that we've never stayed at either -- we usuallly stay at one of the MK resorts but we are travelling this time with friends who are staying at the Swan so we wanted to pick an Epcot resort to be closer to them. And here;s another question if anyone knows -- if our friends are at the Swan and we are at BW can they come over and spend a day at the BW pool with us?? I've recently heard that "security" is tight at Stormalong Bay Pool so that situation might help us make a final decision too. And on last question -- what's the walking distance from Swan to BW as oppposed to Swan to BC? Thanks everybody!

CarolMN
06-13-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by ellenmiele
That's right -- I was thinking of changing to BCV (2br villa) as opposed to staying with the BW deluxe concierge room, and the reason was really whether stormalong bay pool would be worth the more$$ of the BCV over what we're paying at BW for the deluxe room. It doesn't make sense for me to take a 2br villa at BW if I'm paying cash becase it's more $$ than the deluxe room and since we're only staying 5 nights I can do without the washer/dryer. Plus, I can do without the kitchen if there's concierge. The main point really is that we've never stayed at either -- we usuallly stay at one of the MK resorts but we are travelling this time with friends who are staying at the Swan so we wanted to pick an Epcot resort to be closer to them. And here;s another question if anyone knows -- if our friends are at the Swan and we are at BW can they come over and spend a day at the BW pool with us?? I've recently heard that "security" is tight at Stormalong Bay Pool so that situation might help us make a final decision too. And on last question -- what's the walking distance from Swan to BW as oppposed to Swan to BC? Thanks everybody!

Re Swan/Dolphin guest using the BW pool: You'll need to ask at the BW Front Desk. They may or may not grant permission. At very busy times of the year, Luna Park is fenced and you do have to show resort ID to enter. At other times, the pool CMs will occasionally ask to see resort ID if the pool is busy and hotel guests are complaining. FWIW, the Swan/Dolphin pool complex is also very nice. Your friends might ask S/D employees if you can use their pool. Another option is to visit a waterpark together.

Re distance between S/D and BW: It's about the same IMHO. Think of a circle. If you start at BW and go counter clockwise, you'll come to the walkway to EPCOT, the BC/BCV, YC, Dolphin, Swan and then back to the BW. I wouldn't make my decision based on the walking distance as there isn't a significant difference.

Enjoy the trip!

mickeymouse710
06-13-2004, 09:53 AM
We have stayed in both and like both very much. Both are wonderful resorts. But if the pool is important to you and it is something you will use a lot, I would go with BCV. Although BW has a very nice main pool, it is not nearly as nice as SAB.
You can not really compare the 2 in regards to whether BCV is worth the extra money, because at BCV you would have a 2 br villa vs a deluxe hotel room, you are not really comparing apples to apples. Personally as much as I love a BWI conceirge room, I still think a 2 br villa is much, much nicer.

ellenmiele
06-13-2004, 11:45 AM
Thanks to everyone!:D