PDA

View Full Version : Just back from POR 6/4 -6/9 Great Time!

jtovey56
06-11-2004, 02:03 PM
We got back late Wednesday night from a 6 day stay at Port Orleans Riverside.
Requested Building 14 & got it. To all of those that wonder, never thought it was noisy or busy. The room they sent us to was in the middle of being cleaned so we got a credit of $87.00. while we went to eat at the food court.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc
We have been to Disney World twice before, staying at the All Star Music & Corando Springs. By far, this was our favorite resort.The resort was great. Because we were so close to the main building & the pool, it never seemed like we were at such a large resort. I'd go back in a heartbeat. The staff was always friendly & helpful. While we never got towel animals, we did get a clean room & our stuffed animals arranged. There were 3 adults & two children, one of which slept on the Trundle Bed. The grounds are beautiful & obviously well kept. The only thing I would do different would be to request a first floor room. Bus service was good, never more than a 15 minute wait. Occasionally, the bus would be a little full as it had stopped at the French Quarter first.
Any questions? I'd be glad to answer any.
Jim

P.S. To all on the boards, thanks for all the help.

TLinden16
06-11-2004, 10:00 PM
Sounds like you had a great stay, Jim! Thanks for posting!

Karen

liznboys
06-12-2004, 09:40 AM
Glad you had a good trip!! We stayed at POR when it was Dixie Landings, and really liked it. :) I'm sure we'll be staying there again in the future because we have a family of 5 now. :)

DisneyMomx7
06-12-2004, 10:07 AM
So glad you enjoyed POR. We're headed there for the 1st time in July. I'm a little nervous because I've only stayed at GF and Poly before.l I'm also excited because I'm hoping if we like it we can split our next stays POR/GF and go every year! We got a much better AP rate than the AP rate for GF. I'm glad to hear the busses ran well. Questions - were they doing the campfire thing? I also requested bldg. 14, did you notice if there were any other buildings close that I can use as a backup request? We did request first floor since we have a double and a single stroller with us and that's just too long of a haul up steps without an elevator. Do the quiet pools have a baby pool section or just the main pool? How often did the water taxi run to DD? Did you eat at Boatwrights - if so how was it. Sorry for so many questions, but it's our first time there and we want to make the most out of it. ANything else you can think of let me know!

jtovey56
06-12-2004, 09:27 PM
Ok,
Here's some more. Building18 is also close to everything. You'll want to use the South Bus Stop for transportation as it is the first stop in Riverside. The bus gets crowded after that.
The campfire is during the winter. it's a little warm in the summer for campfires.
Didn't eat at Boatwrights as we rather eat someplace else than the resort.
The Ferry boats werte running every twenty minutes except when the thunderstorms threatened, which was daily.
The quiet pool near Building 14 had no kiddie pool. It was s shapped, with a starting depyh of 4 feet. The laundry service is also located there- $2.00 to wash, $2.00 to dry.
The main pool had a nice kiddie pool as well as the regular pool with slide & a hot tub.
The playground is also located near the pool. It's nice but stay away during the heat of the day.

shelleybell
06-12-2004, 09:57 PM
we are at POR now,actually,Disney Quest. We are in bld 18,still close to everything. The room is in good shape. Changed from king room(the only thing i could get at AP)and saved another 63$ yea! Buses are running good, but it doesnt seem to be going as quickly as our last visit here. Lines and crowds are great for tis time of the year! Off to WL in 3 days.....
shelleybell & scar11