PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland at x-mas time?

Bob O
07-06-2001, 05:37 PM
We are planning a trip to DL for december and were wondering what special is done for the holidays. In the DL brouchure from WDW travel they mentioned a holiday package but offered no details so does anybody have info on what is done special for the holidays.

roypar
07-07-2001, 02:40 AM
Hey Bob,

I'm not entirely sure by what you mean by special, but to me,
my favorite time of the year to visit Disneyland is during
Christmas time. The holiday lights and trimmings they put
up all around the park is indescribable beautiful. One time
I went there during Christmas time and they had a huge choir
in front of Main street arranged on these bleachers in the
shape of a Christmas tree singing Christmas carols. And to
top it off John Forsythe (from Dynasty fame) was conducting
the choir. And no, they weren't filming a special or anything
I guess he just wanted to do it. Also, they decorate "It's A
Small World" up in holiday lighting and they change "Country
Bear Jamboree" into a Christmas show. I'm sure that they're
going to do other special things this year, and with DCA
being in it's first year and kinda struggling, you know they're
going to do a lot of special things to get people to come. Heck,
I'm even buying an Annual Pass for the first time, cause I'm
pretty sure that they're going to try to make DCA's first
Christmas really memorable. I'm pretty sure everyone else
who's been to Disneyland during Christmas time will say
it's the best time to go.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Mary Jo
07-07-2001, 11:33 AM
http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/flowerface.GIF <font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=navy>Hi Bob,

Like Roypar said, Disney does the Land up really nice. In addition to IASW & CBJ being decorated for Christmas the whole park is all decorated, characters wear Christmas attire, there is a huge Christmas tree, Dickens carolers sing on Main Street. For $3 you get some big sugar cookies to decorate. There is the Christmas parade, and at night there are the fireworks, with snow afterwords. This year is the first year that DCA, Grand Californian, and Downtown Disney will be celebrating Christmas, too, and I'm sure that they'll look beautiful, too.

Bob O
07-09-2001, 10:17 PM
Are there any special events like MVMCP at Disneyland? If so what are they? A special x-mas parade, if so how often is it run?

DonnaS
07-09-2001, 10:26 PM
There is a Christmas parade but I'm not sure if there is a MVMCP (I don't think so). They also have a limited version of the Candlelight Processional. Who knows what they will do differently this year now that DCA is open.

IASW is a definite "do not miss" at Christmas time. It actually needs Fast Pass then!

It's a great time to visit.

Mary Jo
07-09-2001, 10:32 PM
<font color=navy>Bob,

Yes, there is a parade that runs twice a day, and in the evening there are fireworks with snow in three areas of the park. There is also a Candlelight Processional made up of various castmembers....

Unlike WDW MK, you do not pay a separate price to enjoy this. Disneyland offers this to all their guests. The Candlelight Procession is usually held on the 2nd weekend in December. It used to be held on Main Street, on risers that formed a Christmas tree, but it's now held in the Fantasyland Theater near the entrance to Toontown. I've never seen it (should have, though, cuz it's beautiful), but I understand that you get tickets ahead of time so you can get a seat in the theater.

Hope that helps.