PDA

View Full Version : Priceline Rooms at the Dolphin, what did you get?

4khansen
06-10-2004, 10:51 PM
Will be staying at the Dolphin July 21-24, for three nights. Just wondering what other members of this board have gotten for rooms if they happened to get the Dolphin through Priceline?

Of course the rate was awesome, just $69 a night, so not expecting my pick of rooms, but wondering what kind of luck people have had under similar circumstances.

smk
06-11-2004, 01:53 AM
We are staying at the Dolphin from June 19 to the 28th for $70 per night. We made our bid on Priceline in Jan. 04.

carolrie
06-11-2004, 02:44 AM
Wow! great rates! Did you have any tricks for bidding that made it more likely to get the Dolphin or just the luck of the draw? I am going in October and am thinking of trying priceline.

Piglet4me
06-11-2004, 07:11 AM
I have never done priceline, but DH & I are going to WDW June 21 - 25. We had wanted to stay at the Dolphin or Swan the whole time, but have been told several times there are absolutely no rooms available for the 24th, they are booked solid.
I have called back several times, and have been told the same thing repetedly.
So we are booked at The Dolphin for June 21 & 22, then moving to WL for the 23 & 24.
Guess I need to call back to the Dolphin again today & see what's up??? Any hints or advice?:confused:

SCgoofy64
06-11-2004, 09:29 AM
We just returned from a 2 night Priceline stay and I think it all depends on how full the resort is. The day we checked in they had over 1000 rooms checking out, huge convention the Swan and Dolphin were both sold out Tue, Wed, Thur last week. Anyway I checked in about 7 am and was given a deluxe corner room, King Bed, Robes, 2 balconies fantastic, unfortunately we needed 2 beds so we had to wait for another room. We got a 1st floor pool view room, not deluxe but you could walk out your sliding doors to the pool, very close to Tubbies and about 50 ft to Bus Stop. The Dolphin is great and with the renovated rooms it was the best, our kids, 12,9,9,7 liked it more than Boardwalk Villas, pool, grounds, rooms, everything. We loved the Boardwalk also but they just preferred the Dolphin pool area, beach, play area, you seemed more removed from the 24/7 Disney which is nice sometimes.

swilphil
06-11-2004, 09:47 AM
That's a great rate on Priceline. I've checked on hotwire before, but does betterbidding.com or biddingfortravel.com have info on how to make sure you get Swan/Dolphin?

maggiew
06-11-2004, 10:01 AM
We won the dolphin on Hotwire last June. We got it for $79 per night. I paid more than I might have on priceline, but I was "sure" that it was the Dolphin due to the amenities listed so I was willing to pay more for that. (Of course, with hotwire or priceline, nothing is guaranteed.)

We thought we might end up in the basement due to the Hotwire bid. But to our surprise we were upgraded to a balcony room with a beautiful view. So you never know. Although for the price we paid and the beauty of the hotel and pool area, we would have been happy sleeping in the broom closet.

Maggie

4khansen
06-11-2004, 10:54 AM
There is really no way on Priceline to choose a hotel, you can only choose a level of hotel, which the Dolphin and Swan are resorts which there are about 5 or 6 that normally come up when you bid the WDW area and choose resorts on Priceline. Among those are the Gaylord Palms, Wyndham Palace Resort, Marriott Orlando World Center, HIlton at Walt Disney World Village, and Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress.

So you can never guarantee you will get the Dolphin/Swan using Priceline.

It's real streaky too, sometimes people will get the Dolphin on every post for a week, then not see it again for months.

zipDdoodah
06-11-2004, 11:28 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by maggiew
[B]We won the dolphin on Hotwire last June. We got it for $79 per night. I paid more than I might have on priceline, but I was "sure" that it was the Dolphin due to the amenities listed so I was willing to pay more for that. (Of course, with hotwire or priceline, nothing is guaranteed.)

Which of the amenities does the Dolphin have on the Hotwire list and how many stars is it? What's the best way to know if the resort their showing really IS the Dolphin before taking it? Thanks!

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earseek: pirate: princess:

alliecats
06-11-2004, 02:01 PM
just a little :thewave: bump :thewave: !

phorsenuf
06-11-2004, 02:05 PM
how many people does the room hold?
Thanks!

jwfla422
06-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Piglet4me-there may be a few conventions going on at the S/D plus they have been running some promotions through the end of June lately. That may be why it is sold out on those dates. I know it might be a pain but you really may enjoy staying 2 nights at the Dolphin and 2 nights at WL.

Although I do like the S/D better, WL is very convenient to the MK area and it is really a neat resort. They are actually on 2 very different ends of the spectrum with very different theming.

You might like WL...this is usually our other choice when not staying at the S/D (we've also enjoyed the FW cabins). So you might be better just sticking with what you got and go to MGM and EPCOT when at the Dolphin and MK when at the WL.

phorsenuf-the deluxe or standard room with 2 (over-sized) doubles would sleep 4 plus you can request a rollaway bed for a 5th person. The king rooms would sleep 2 comfortably but you can add a rollaway there as well.

We just got back on Wed. from the Dolphin, we had an amazing corner room in the furthest east wing facing EVERYTHING! What a view! Great to watch Illuminations and had perfect views of BW, YC/BC and the Swan. Watched the boats a lot too as well as those people trying to drive those Surrey bikes up the hill and over the bridge!! Oh what fun!!!!!!!!

maggiew
06-11-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by zipDdoodah
[QUOTE]Originally posted by maggiew
[B]We won the dolphin on Hotwire last June. We got it for $79 per night. I paid more than I might have on priceline, but I was "sure" that it was the Dolphin due to the amenities listed so I was willing to pay more for that. (Of course, with hotwire or priceline, nothing is guaranteed.)

Which of the amenities does the Dolphin have on the Hotwire list and how many stars is it? What's the best way to know if the resort their showing really IS the Dolphin before taking it? Thanks!

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earseek: pirate: princess:

In the Walt Disney World area:
4* Dolphin
Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business, Golf, Tennis, Laundry
(NOTE: thru Hotel Product, these amenities are the same as those for the Swan, so you could get either one)

Make sure you only have the Walt Disney World area checked. Also only the 4* checked.
The amenities must match exactly. Only the ones listed and no others. Plus none of the ones above can be missing.

Maggie

cindala
06-11-2004, 05:32 PM
We got the Dolphin on Hotwire back in February for $90 a night over the July 4th holiday. We were thrilled!! On Hotwire you really can make an educated guess, where as on Priceline, you bid and just hope!:wave2:

princess:

NancyIL
06-11-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by carolrie
Wow! great rates! Did you have any tricks for bidding that made it more likely to get the Dolphin or just the luck of the draw? I am going in October and am thinking of trying priceline.

Check at www.swandolphin.com to see if rooms are even available for your dates in October. I reserved a room at the Swan for the last week of October, and when my sister and BIL wanted to join me for a few days, there were no more rooms to be had.

twinkles0819
06-11-2004, 05:59 PM
I thought about taking my chances with Priceline before, but then my dad (as a birthday gift) booked 5 night for me and my best friend on his "Hotel discount".....works for an extended Sheraton chain "the St. Regis collection"....and its nice to see people can also get rates like $69 on priceline....that's my dad's rate as an employee.

Though I am staying at disney for 8 nights.....my dad couldn't get the Swan for all 8 nights so I decided to try priceline for the first time and bid on a hotel that was closer to Universal, as we will be visiting universal/IOA the first couple of days, I got the Wyndham on I-drive for $32/night for 3 nights, its not deluxe but for two college students it will do

Good Luck to you:D

Epcotgal8
06-12-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by maggiew
In the Walt Disney World area:
4* Dolphin
Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business, Golf, Tennis, Laundry
(NOTE: thru Hotel Product, these amenities are the same as those for the Swan, so you could get either one)

Make sure you only have the Walt Disney World area checked. Also only the 4* checked.
The amenities must match exactly. Only the ones listed and no others. Plus none of the ones above can be missing.

Maggie

When I checked Hotwire for my dates it came up with a 4 star with the exact amenities mentioned above. Does Hotwire not book with the Wyndham Palace, etc. or list it as 4 star because I know they do have all the amenities also but I REALLY want to stay at the Swan or Dolphin. Has anyone bid for a 4 star in the WDW area and gotten a different hotel? I just want to be sure. Thanks!

CarolA
06-12-2004, 09:56 PM
The Wyndam on Hotwire nomally has a SPA and is a customer favorite. If you read the Customer Favorite comments it is pretty easy to tell it is the Wyndam.

There are no gurantees, but I am pretty sure the WYndam has been coming up for my dates with the Spa and Cust Fav. (at a VERY high rate $118!)

With Priceline I have bid LOTS of times and never gotten the Swan/Dolphin.