PDA

View Full Version : Finally going to WDW to just relax, anyone ever do this?

GoingtoWDWagain
06-10-2004, 06:46 PM
Hi everyone, after so many trips to WDW we're finally going to just relax and go to one park during a seven night stay @ CBR. So many times we've come home wishing we had relaxed by the pool a little more and took a slower pace to enjoy walking around DownTown Disney and even enjoy all the water sports more then we have.

Anybody else do this and what tips/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc
48 days to WDW again:hyper:
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Wish Upon A Star
06-10-2004, 06:50 PM
I think it sounds like a GREAT idea! We've never done this personally, but I was talking to DH about it recently (trying to sneak in a quick Summer trip).

I think it would be very relaxing and very cool to be hanging out at one of the resorts and being leisurely and not always running to the parks.

I hope you have an AWESOME time!

BambiTamby
06-10-2004, 06:56 PM
You'll LOVE it!

That's how we tour!

Last August, we were there for the AP holders MissionSpace weekend, and we stayed at the YC CL....
enjoyed the lounge, SAB, Epcot....rode MS over 20 times.....got icecream at Beaches & Cream.

Ate when we wanted to eat....thoroughly enjoyed our concierge amenities.

Strolled the BW casually.
Sat on the benches and people watched.....(very amusing!)

DH worked out every morning as we slept in.

We played golf, got massages....I went to the salon, got a pedicure....

That about sums up a relaxing and fabulous vacation!::yes::

Have a wonderful time!:wave:

susy
06-10-2004, 07:37 PM
We just did that! Stayed at the BC-went to Epcot twice for dinner and MGM one morning for Star Wars weekend. The rest of the time, we were at the pool hanging out. It 's relaxing, but still got tired.

TWOOD
06-10-2004, 07:38 PM
Each time my DD(13) & I go, we end up spending less & less time @ the parks & more time just enjoying the resorts & other wonderful WDW activities, like DTD, mini-golf, mouse boats, etc... - it's great! Have a wonderful time!:p

KELLIE JONES
06-10-2004, 07:57 PM
last year we went on the 7 for 4 deal and i planned out almost every min ( but this was my 1st time at WDW, so i was like a little kid... you know, my goal was to do every single thing i had heard about...) after WDW we stayed for 4 nights at the HRH and we were so worn out by that time we just kinda slept late and went to the HHN.

this year our trip is alot longer and we plan on enjoying it!!

*Fantasia*
06-10-2004, 08:31 PM
It was too darn HOT when we went there in May/June. Most of the time we ended up just staying at our resort. We did a lot of swimming! Unfortunately we kind of wasted our UPH and our Universal tickets. I don't think I will ever do summer trip again!

minnie1928
06-10-2004, 08:44 PM
My husbands job is very stressful, 24/7 and works from home. So, the only way I can get him to de-stress is to take him "home" to WDW. Our philosophy is that we are on vacation, so we wake up whenever, and just "wing-it" during the day. Very laid back is the way to go!

MELSMICE
06-10-2004, 09:08 PM
DH & I did this last year for an anniversary trip. It was very fun & very relaxing. We stayed at the BWV. One morning he wanted to golf. I got a muffin at the Boardwalk Bakery, people watched & then strolled around EPCOT to shop (& ride Mission: Space!!) before heading back to relax by the pool.

Another day we took the MK tour together. We did some very nice dinners.

I would definitely do it again. In fact, if all goes well, we hope to do it again this fall! :D

disvaclub92
06-10-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by minnie1928
My husbands job is very stressful, 24/7 and works from home. So, the only way I can get him to de-stress is to take him "home" to WDW. Our philosophy is that we are on vacation, so we wake up whenever, and just "wing-it" during the day. Very laid back is the way to go!

Minnie - we do the same thing. Get up when we feel like it - eat whereever - hang out by the pool. It is just so much fun.

Minky
06-10-2004, 10:45 PM
I am a former Commando, I used to be able to do all disney parks and both Universal parks in 2 days! However we started going a lot and for longer periods of time, so now there is no need to. Some days we totally sleep in, just chill out at the pool, make a ps for a restaraunt we want to try. We have AP's so we might go to a park for just a ride or two and leave, or go to another if we FEEL like it. And when we come home I feel like I was on vacation, as opposed to the other times where I needed a vacation when I got back. The only way we do it now

stemikger
06-11-2004, 01:55 AM
I'm going in August for 10 days and I understand that it will be real hot. I told my wife that we are going to take it slow and just wake up and see where the magic takes us. I don't want to be on any schedule while I'm on vacation. Our last trip in 1999 was crazy - we only stayed for 6 days and we were running to get it all in and it was too much. This time the extra four days will help to take it at a much slower pace.

65 more days until I'm back in the magic.

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

wannabee princess
06-11-2004, 09:12 AM
We are planning a similiar trip for July. We will be in FL for 8 days - at the World 4 and Disney's Vero Beach for 4. We are only planning one day at MK (although I may pop over to MGM while the others swim to see if I can get the passholder's coin).

The only plans I have made are for meals - HDDR, Ohana's and LTT on the night of our MK day, and breakfast at Boma since we are staying at AKL.

In fact, the day we go to MK the only thing I want to do (besides our meal) is to watch Wishes and go to CoP!

The lack of plans is a huge difference for me! We are going to RELAX!! and hopefully come home happy and refreshed!! :)

karemore
06-11-2004, 09:20 AM
I relaxed at WDW for the first time this April on my honeymoon.

We spent three of our nights at the GF, and because we knew we'd never stay there again (at least not for a long time) we decided to save the rest of our park hopper days for another trip.

We enjoyed a relaxing breakfast overlooking the lagoon and the poly. We spent the morning at the pool. We had a relaxing lunch.....then took a stroll past the wedding chapel to the poly, or rode the ferry, or visited resorts to see their shops....etc

We played mini golf. We really truly had a magical experience...without having to go into the parks and deal with crowds.

We watched the fireworks every evening from the hotel, that was fantastic.

As long you have been to the parks or know you will go back.....it's not that hard to just stay at the resort.

Karen

BethC1952
06-11-2004, 02:42 PM
We just did that over Memorial Day weekend, and it was wonderful. We went to Epcot twice, both times in the afternoon, we didn't rush around but relaxed and soaked up the atmosphere.

We're going back in October to do the same thing!

Beth

dreamflight99
06-11-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by **********
DH worked out every morning as we slept in.

We played golf, got massages....I went to the salon, got a pedicure....

That about sums up a relaxing and fabulous vacation!::yes::

Have a wonderful time!:wave: This is PRECISELY our vacation RECIPE!!~ We have PAP's to WDW & US/IOA, so we never feel we HAVE to visit any park/use our passes. I cringe when I see the folks "rushing" commando-style around the parks, with crying childen...etc. We stay SO long each time we visit, and ALWAYS...ALWAYS, "SLEEP~IN" each day! We usually never wake before noon! (LOL...which is 9am CALIFORNIA TIME). :p *We also never retire for bed before midnight (or about 3 am, which is midnight in CALIFORNIA!). :teeth:

DD and I get Pedicures, We all partake of the SPA offerings (massages, etc.), and also Golf, fish (catch & release), watch the Tampa Bay Bucs practice, hop on a fireworks cruise, dine in the Cali-grill and take in the fireworks from the top of the world, SHOP, visit Sea World for an afternoon, Jet around in boats on the lakes, visit a waterpark, enjoy an evening LUAU @ the Poly, take in a lunch/flick in DT Celebration, etc. We also spend an ENTIRE afternoon at the AMC Theater in DTD. We take-in at least 3 flicks, and have what we dub a "movie-fest" (Sort of like our own little Cannes f. festival!). DH even leaves the theater and brings back gourmet pizza, etc., from Wolfgangs every time (after obtaining permission from the management). It's an absolute BLAST!! We usually end it with a nice late-night meal at Bongo's, House of Blues, or Fulton's Crab house...etc. ::yes::

LIKE minnie1928, disvaclub92, Minky, ~We just take the entire trip...EASY. We never really PLAN anything, and pretty much WING~IT the entire time. Staying Concierge at all the properties also permits us a lot of extra-leverage (as they can make the impossible...last minute requests, POSSIBLE!). We TREASURE sleeping-in each morning, enjoying a nice relaxing lunch in our suite...then heading out to the WORLD/MAGIC Late in the afternoon! We always eat dinner in a nice restaurant in the parks, etc. With more than two-months to PLAY in FLORIDA...it has always worked like a charm. ;)

wannabee princess~"CoP" is a MUST for us!! I also miss the old DELTA DREAMFLIGHT attraction. We love to ride the People Mover, and have stayed on a record 16 times during a huge rainstorm~! ("Paging Tom Morrow...Mr. TOM MORROW!" LOL). Memories...and wonderful times shared together. :goodvibes;)

GoingtoWDWagain~Your idea is HEAVENLY!! You will have a fab time just RELAXING. :D After all...that is what SUMMER :sunny: is ALL ABOUT! There is SO much to do/see/experience at WDW, without running yourself RAGGED! (IMHO). :cloud9:

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

momtotwinglesx4
06-11-2004, 05:25 PM
This is exactly what I hope to do next month when I take my kids for 18 nites at 4 different resorts. Dh can't go, so I really want to relax and take it slow and take lots of time to explore and enjoy our resorts.

I haven't made any PS's (except Cindy's character bkfst) and I'm wondering if I'll really need to. I'm hoping to take each day as it comes, and if we feel like eating at a certain restaurant that day, I'll call Disney Dining that morning to see if we can get a PS. We won't be doing any of the fancy restaurants like Citricos or Cali Grille; do you think it will be difficult to get same-day PS's at places like Kona Cafe or some of the World Showcase, MK, or MGM sit-down places?

I just don't want to be tied down to a bunch of PS's made far in advance.

Poohbear123
06-11-2004, 05:29 PM
This past Feb.;) I stayed at POP for 6 nights, and the first 3 I just relaxed, and visited other resorts, rode the Monorail, and had a nice relaxing time.:o Than, I went to the parks the next 3 days, at a slow pace.:p

cyfan
06-11-2004, 05:43 PM
My husband and I went last fall for 5 days and stayed at the Dolphin and didn't go to any of the parks. It was great. We wanted to visit the resorts so I booked either breakfast , lunch or supper reservations at 4 of the resorts and 2 of the resorts we just went and walked around. It was relaxing taking the boat or monorail around and taking in the sights. One night we watched the fireworks from a distance and one night we went to Jellyrolls. I love that place. If you don't know what it is, it is located on the Boardwalk and is a dueling piano bar where everyone sings along. It is a blast.