PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs Resort, any reviews on it yet?

disneykindofgal
06-10-2004, 05:44 PM
:wave:

My husband and I lived in Saratoga Springs, NY when we were 1st married and when we got married 11 years ago, our 1st apt. was in Orlando FL and we went to Disney on July 4th and then again when my sister and her husband visited. This would be too neat to stay here......................................Awwwwwww wwwwwwww, have I finally made a decision? LOL Thanks so much for all your help! You all have been SUPER in answering questions, etc. So..................any reviews on Saratoga since it is the NEWEST Disney resort?

Thank you!::MinnieMo

LadyTrampScamp&Angel
06-10-2004, 05:59 PM
There are several over on the DVC board

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=28

you might have to use the search function to find them, or just start going back through the most recent pages. It hasn't even been open a month yet so the reviews are recent.

stacy6552
06-10-2004, 07:38 PM
Bought the place. Opened the place. Loved it! Fantastic decor and grounds. Fun pool. Good food and merchandise. I hear the mayor of Saratoga Springs NY was there for member homecomming and gave it a thumbs up, too.

GoldenOldie
06-10-2004, 08:02 PM
The All Ears newsletter will be running their review in next week's issue. Bits and pieces of it that I was able to garner from my sources indicate that SSR is huge (even more spread out than CSR), the main pool placement is right next to the busy street (small kids need to be watched closely), the walkway to DTD is not yet open, and there is construction still going on everywhere so forget about peace and quiet there for a while.

Oh, and many of the CM's are calling it SaraSOTA Springs. Guess they haven't been to New York. ;)

PamOKW
06-10-2004, 09:29 PM
I would take a look at the DVC Board (Saratoga Springs is a DVC resort). There have been several favorable reviews and some terrific pictures posted. I'm not sure about the pool being near a "busy street"? The resort is the old Disney Institute property and the streets would be more like driveways -- not sure how close they run to the pool.

You should at least stop by and look at the resort -- I think you'll be thrilled by all the "Saratoga" references they've incorporated. I believe the buildings and streets are even using real names from your "home".

Janet2k
06-11-2004, 01:43 AM
I returned a few days ago from my first SSR stay. We had a studio room on the first floor that faced Downtown Disney. I must say that room was the prettiest room out of all of the DVC resorts that we have stayed in (and we have now stayed in them all). I don't have many SSR room photos posted yet, but I do have a couple -- click here. (http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/janettwokay/album?.dir=/f39d&.src=ph) (I'll try to post more this weekend.) I also plan on writing a trip report soon. My family had a very nice time at the resort.

By the way, here's a link to SSR photos here on the Dis -- click here. (http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/Saratoga-Springs/index.htm)