PDA

View Full Version : Do I need room prefs at Poly?

Stitch's Greatest Fa
06-10-2004, 02:44 PM
Hi, I've been reading that so many of you state room prefs ahead of time. Has anyone been to the POly without stating prefs and still got a great room? We will be on our honeymoon, so I want it to be wonderful in every way.

Tikiman
06-10-2004, 03:10 PM
Every time I have stayed I have NEVER done any room or building requests. I have alwasy loved the room I get.

Aloha

Steve

Stitch's Greatest Fa
06-10-2004, 03:13 PM
Thanks Steve, that's what i was hoping. By the way, LOVE your site, that finally sold me on the POlnesian!!! Thanks

Tikiman
06-10-2004, 03:18 PM
Not that requesting is a bad thing but I think it is exciting to go into your first visit not knowing exactly what to expect and to have where you end up be a surprise. Maybe after a few times there it is good to research and request a location so you can try something different or to request something you know you love already but for the first time just go for it. If you end up in a room you hate (which I doubt) you can see what is available to move into.

Have a great trip and let me know if I can ever be of any help.

Aloha

Steve

WIDisneyFan
06-10-2004, 03:34 PM
Add me to the list of people who usually go without any request, and we have always been happy :earsboy:

dansyr
06-10-2004, 05:22 PM
Stitch's Greatest Fa,

If you're not interested in requesting a room I would still have the definitely state on your reservation that you are on your honeymoon. I think the room assignors would take that into consideration when assigning your room.

spectromagic fan
06-10-2004, 05:27 PM
We've never requested a specific building or room, but I do ask for a non-smoking room with a balcony. We've always been happy with our rooms. Each building/location has had its own perks. We're going in July, so I hope our good luck continues.

Luv2trav
06-10-2004, 05:36 PM
While I agree with you to some extent Steve I do believe she should request a certain location. You had great location each time because from the looks of it you requested and paid for Lagoon View. It's hard to get a bad location with those rooms.

I personally feel if you are paying for a gardenview room you need to request location. We just returned from there and there were some locations that I would have been very unhappy with if I received those buildings. I was extremely happy with my room location because I received all of my requests!

Of course I would have loved ANY of the lagoon view locations.

JMO...