PDA

View Full Version : POR pool?

karemore
06-10-2004, 02:38 PM
Two actually....

1. How is the slide for adults? Dh loved the slide at the GF. Is the slide the same length at POR?

2. We enjoyed the towels provided at the pools at GF. Do moderates provide towels?

Thanks,
Karen

DisneyMin
06-10-2004, 03:03 PM
POR provides towels at the main pool,but not at the quiet pools. Not sure about the slide at GF,never stayed there,but ds and dh both had fun on the POR slide. dh said it was similar to WL slide. I liked how they have the coffeemakers in the room,,you don't have to request one,so thats nice.

disfan93
06-10-2004, 03:26 PM
We feel that the slide at POR is one of the best of any moderate.
They give you towels at the main pool..but not at the quiet pool.
If possible, you may be able to "sneak" a few towels from the main pool area for you trip to the quiet pool....or simply call housekeeping. I am sure they can send some towels to your room.

karemore
06-11-2004, 07:56 AM
That's great! Thank you.

I am 99% sure that's where we'll stay next, and the pool slide will help convince DH....lol

Karen

GroovyGuy
06-11-2004, 12:47 PM
Slide is OK, probably not near as good as GF. The main pool area is nice.

My best POR advice is to stay at Alligator Bayou. The other sections are too far from food court. Bus stops are a minor hassle as there are several stops at POR. Ferry to DTD is cool, but closes for lightning (and this is happening a lot in June).

marcyinPA
06-11-2004, 01:11 PM
Can't comment on slide at GF...never stayed there. We loved the POR pool and the slide was alot of fun! It was my first time ever down a water slide (I'm a bit of a wimp! LOL) and I thought it was quite fun...went down a number of times with my ds. One VERY cool thing that happened while we were there....We went to the pool just before 10 a.m. on Sunday May 9 (which was my ds's 9th birthday). My boys were swimming in the pool when a lifeguard asked them if they would like to open the water slide for the day! How cool! They didn't know it was my ds's birthday, until he told her as they were going up the steps to the slide. She made an announcement from the top "Good Morning Port Orleans Guests...We'd like to welcome the ******family. Josh will be the first one down the slide"...It was SOOOO neat! He got a Tom Sawyer straw hat and a certificate saying we were the family of the day. My ds5 went down too, but once was enough for him...he said it was too fast!:p

As for towels, there is a big cart of them in front of the pool bar section. There are no towels at the quiet pools, so I just called housekeeping for extra towels when we swam in the quiet pool.

You can also use the pool at POFQ, which we were going to do, but didn't make it over there. They have the dragon slide there...don't know if it's better than POR.

Have a great time!

disneyisfun
06-11-2004, 01:34 PM
Hi,

We just returned from a stay at the POFQ, my children are both 5 (twins) and they loved the dragon slide. It was the perfect size for them. I saw a few adults go down to but it seemed more for the little ones. We also tried the pool at POR, Ol' man island, which we loved just as well. The slide is bigger and longer and definately fun for adults too. The whole area was just neat and fun. I don't think you could go wrong with either one, but Ol' Man Island's surroundings were just great.