PDA

View Full Version : Is concierge worth it over a holiday weekend?

susy
06-10-2004, 11:58 AM
basically, will the lounge be overun with people, running out of food, unsupervised kids touching everything...all the horror stories I've read on here? We are considering concierge, but worried about not getting the "true" experience. If it will be too crowded, I'd rather stay in a regular room.
Thanks!

ckj
06-10-2004, 12:30 PM
It's Disney, there'll be kids in the lounge no matter when you go. You never know who will be in the lounge. We've been there and there has been a lot of people (including kiddies) and they were all well behaved. Of course you could run into the unsupervised child or children, but you never know, holiday weekend or not.

I don't think you'd have to worry about running out of food, the AKL conc staff has been great when we've been there.
However, if you're planning on having 3 course meals from the lounge you will probably be disappointed.

susy
06-10-2004, 06:28 PM
Just wondering from those who usually do concierge if you think that going on a busy weekend would detract from my enjoyment of the experience.

floridafam
06-10-2004, 06:36 PM
If I knew the name of the little boy who was putting his "boogers" in the cupcakes at YC Concierge last October, I'd call him and ask him if he was going to WDW over the holiday. :D

Seriously, I think I would rather stay concierge on a holiday weekend because everything is going to be so busy and having access to a concierge lounge might give you more chances to relax.

KELLIE JONES
06-10-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by floridafam
If I knew the name of the little boy who was putting his "boogers" in the cupcakes at YC Concierge last October, I'd call him and ask him if he was going to WDW over the holiday. :D

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. ...................................LOL:rotfl:

Wouldnt that come in handy!!

#1hockeymom
06-10-2004, 07:11 PM
I think a holiday weekend is a good reason TO book concierge! They can only book so many rooms concierge and on any given day I think they tend to be filled, whereas a resort fills to capacity on a holiday weekend but not on a regular weekend. (I hope this makes sense!) The lounge will be a haven in the middle of the madness during a holiday! :rolleyes: (I am getting confused just reading this!)

Debbie

BambiTamby
06-10-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by #1hockeymom
I think a holiday weekend is a good reason TO book concierge! They can only book so many rooms concierge and on any given day I think they tend to be filled, whereas a resort fills to capacity on a holiday weekend but not on a regular weekend. (I hope this makes sense!) The lounge will be a haven in the middle of the madness during a holiday! :rolleyes: (I am getting confused just reading this!)

Debbie

Made perfect sense to me!::yes::

yes, susy! Our concierge lounge was like a refreshing oasis during spring break!

No long lines for a drink or snack!

Remember, like ckj, pointed out....concierge is not meant as a meal plan...it's a meal supplement plan!;) :teeth:

dg39
06-11-2004, 05:16 AM
Concierge is always worth it to us. We just love it. We were upgraded years ago to concierge and after that, we always book it. Kids are kids and sometimes you get 1 or 2 running around, but the way I look at it, thats what healthy kids do. They run around, make noise and just have a good old time. But, there is a difference, between that and a bratty kid who runs amok, touching everything.

susy
06-11-2004, 05:30 AM
I'm just going by what I've read on here. I've pretty much decided not to do it. If I need a haven, I'll go to my room. Since it's such a short trip, I don't need help with PS or anything. For the cost of "concierge " for one weekend, I can have another weekend at WDW. Over a longer trip, it is probably worth it.