PDA

View Full Version : Room paid for, not taking credit cards. Problem?

daisylove
06-10-2004, 11:26 AM
My mom booked and fully paid the hotell at all stars as a present for me and DD for next week. Mom is not going on this trip. Will I have a problem checking in when it is already paid for but by someone else? Also I do not plan on bringing credit cards this trip just cash, trav check. Somehow credit cards and WDW is not a good idea for me:D So will that present a problem at check in? I do not want charging on room key either. Thanks!!!

CarolMN
06-10-2004, 11:30 AM
As long as you are at least 18 years of age and your name is on the reservation, you shouldn't have a problem checking in.

No problem if you don't have a credit card either - as long as you don't want to charge anything back to the room.

Enjoy the trip!

Mortlives
06-10-2004, 11:45 AM
I would call and ask the resort. Usually hotels want a credit card, in case of phone charges, etc. Disney might not want this, but, better to ask them and be sure. JMHO.

Kungaloosh!
Mort.

TheRobbs
06-10-2004, 12:10 PM
Worst case scenario is you will not be able to make outside phonecalls from your room.;)

daisylove
06-10-2004, 12:33 PM
I would much rather they just make it so I can't make calls from the room (especially at the phone call prices they set). My cell works just fine. We are saving for a big deluxe trip to wdw for our anniversary in Nov so I have to really watch my spending on this one. Just do not want to get there and be told "oops sorry..."

CarolA
06-10-2004, 01:20 PM
Based on my reading of trip reports you will be fine. That said the best way to be 100% sure is to call Disney.

NHDisneyKid
06-10-2004, 01:23 PM
I've never, ever given them a credit card to have on record at any of the onsite hotels I've stayed at. Never had a problem with it either :) If you do wind up using your phone say, you'll just be given a bill on the day you are checking out and won't be able to do express check-out.
I agree, credit cards and WDW do not mix, for my own good!!

HeatherPage
06-10-2004, 01:28 PM
I would maybe take one just for a worst case scenario (like you lost/had stolen your cash and travelers checks (including trav. checks receipts).

But that would just be worst case scenario.

k&a&c'smom
06-10-2004, 02:59 PM
We've checked in paying cash, and never had to give anything if we did not want to charge to our card. We just paid our room charges at check-out. I have also given a set amount of cash at check-in, to be able to charge to the room card, so we didn't have to take anything to the parks with us.:sunny:

daisylove
06-10-2004, 05:57 PM
Hmm. That might be an idea. I really don't like the idea of carrying too much $ to the park. One, I would spend it and second i would lose it:D If I put a set amount on the room card then maybe I would not be tempted by this or that but just use it for food.