PDA

View Full Version : Question for Travel Agents

pirateofthecarolinas
06-10-2004, 07:24 AM
Can travel agents book a room for a relative with their discount at a Disney Resort? Does the TA have to be staying also?

Thanks,

Lori

goofy4tink
06-10-2004, 07:57 AM
Not a TA but I think the agent has to be there. My sil is a TA and she told me she can't book a discounted room for me.

ILoveWDW2003
06-10-2004, 08:34 AM
My neighbor is a TA - the agent must be staying/travelling with the party.

paladin
06-10-2004, 08:34 AM
Yes, the TA must be staying in the room to obtain a discount (at least that was the case when I asked for a trip about a year ago).

chelsea's nana
06-10-2004, 11:39 AM
Yep...agent has to be staying and be booked in agent's name...that's how I get to go with my "big" kids...Mom saves them enough money to make suffering with her worthwhile!! I had to show my travel agent ID card at checkin...it has a picture on it!!

Can't wait!!

SueEllen
06-10-2004, 11:44 AM
Yes, the TA must be in the room, and is limited to only booking one room per stay. You must show the TA ID at check in.

Sue Ellen

chelsea's nana
06-10-2004, 03:39 PM
actually, if you get the right person at CRO....you can book 2 rooms....since the room only accomodates 4 people in some cases..and your family needs two rooms to fit in. I booked 2 rooms...one person said I couldn't, the next 3 told me I could!!

iluvtig2
06-10-2004, 08:50 PM
But also be sure to review the cancellation policy. There is a hefty deposit required, and the cancellation date is 30 days prior, not 5 like a standard room only res. This can be tough if you are travelling with kids, anyone who tends to get ill, or someone who might have trouble getting the time off (like my DH, who can only request time 60 days out, unless he put in for it as annual leave) Also, you cannot shrink your res, once you book it, without paying a change fee. You can make your stay longer, or upgrade the hotel, but you cannot make it less that the original booking.

Hope this helps!

iluvtig

PS - Frequently the Passholder and Florida Resident Rates are almost as good as the TA rate, and don't have the crazy cancellation penalties.

B3LM
06-10-2004, 10:07 PM
Yes, the TA must be staying there, but can book two rooms if traveling with immediate family.

The cancellation/change policy is the same as it is for WDTC reservations.

hookedup
06-10-2004, 10:27 PM
To clear up any confusion - travel agents can only book TA discounts through the Walt Disney Travel Company - which is why the cancellation terms and conditions are different. It's not because it's an agent rate it's because it is booked through WDTC.

Travel agents used to be able to get agent discount rooms through CRO - last year that policy changed and now the only TA rate rooms have to be booked through WDTC.
WDTC is a travel packager - like a tour operator and their cancel/change policies are very similar to other vacation packagers.

And yes, the agent must be traveling with the party and others traveling with you cannot get the discounts.