PDA

View Full Version : Stayed poly conc. last time, what is cheaper but still convenient for two young kids?

princesscrazydaughte
06-09-2004, 04:45 PM
Hey there!! We are planning a return trip to WDW this fall and I am trying to decide where to stay. We stayed poly concierge last Dec. and had a great time but we need to keep the cost down a bit this time. We have a DS 2 1/2 and DD 4 1/2 and we spend most of our time at Magic Kingdom and then MGM. I was thinking that the kids might like the freedom of a cabin at FW. We will have our car and we loved the boat rides to WDW in Dec. and would enjoy doing that from FW as well as being able to see the nightly water parade. I am totally open to ideas though and please, please, let me know what you have found to be fun with young kids. The kids really like swimming pools with slides and zero entry. My DD is quite the swimmer. We are AP holders and we are hoping for a discount. Thanks so much!!

Selket
06-09-2004, 08:20 PM
Since you mentioned the zero entry pool I'll recommend you try the AKL. We stayed there last August when my kids were 20 months old and 5.5 yrs old and both loved it. There is so much to do and see at the resort you will be tempted to skip the parks and the pool is beautiful. They have dedicated buses to the parks so the bus ride/wait isn't too bad. We very much enjoyed our stay there.

BambiTamby
06-09-2004, 08:52 PM
ITA with Selket!

And, with all these discounts, I would consider the AKL's concierge!

It is one of the best on property!:wave:

catheren
06-10-2004, 06:25 AM
The FW cabins are a great idea but the only draw back is the pool. You will not find zero entry or a slide -- there is no theme. It's a plain in-ground pool. I beleive there are 2 of them.

The CR is the cheapest monorail resort but again no zero entry pool. There is a slide.

The cheapest deluxe resorts would be the WL and the AKL. The WL main pool has a slide but its not zero entry. The AKL has zero entry and a slide.

princesscrazydaughte
06-17-2004, 09:05 AM
Thank you all for the advice. I think the kids would really enjoy AKL, my only concern is the travel to the parks. I am still trying to decide. Thanks again for your responses. They are always so helpful!!

Kimberle
06-17-2004, 09:22 AM
How about WL! It is beautiful and very accessable to MK. There is a lovely kiddie pool for the little ones. The transportation is great. Large boat over to MK, small boat to CR & FW. Busses to the other parks. My then 4.5 yr really loved our stay at WL.

lindeyspol
06-17-2004, 11:56 AM
Just returned last night from 2 nts bwi, then 4 nts poly lvc and last 2 nts akl concierge. Hands down the Akl is the best! I really didn't think it would be our favorite but it was absolutely the best. Best planners, best lounge food, nicest and friendliest cm's, best things for kids to do. We are already thinking of returning in Dec and this is the place we will be. We are even thinking of a suite if the ap discounts are good. The Sunset Safari with dinner at Jiko is AMAZING! I will hopefully be posting our trip reports in the next few days and can hopefully figure out how to do pictures. Oh, the buses were fine--yes, you do have to fold up your stroller but by the time the monorail makes a loop it probably isn't that much longer. Enjoy wherever you stay!