PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Resort for Concierge Level

johnsonet
06-09-2004, 03:44 PM
I'm interested in **********'s answer, in particular;)
I have stayed at GF Lodge Concierge once and AKL Concierge once. The lodge concierge was nothing special IMO but AKL was terrific and the chance to experience Sunrise Safari was amazing. I'm wondering about RPC at GF, Poly, YC and BC in particular, and BWI as well.
For those of you who have stayed at more than one CL, what is your favorite???
Thanks!

YCFAN
06-09-2004, 03:47 PM
I love the YC but not so much for the lounge although it is sufficient but really for the CM's and service you get from them. Everyone's so friendly and they make you feel really special. I'm trying the Poly CL in three weeks. I'll let you know about that soon!

stinkerbelle
06-09-2004, 04:04 PM
we've stayed WL and AKL concierge.

AKL wins hands down

Sunrise and Wanyama (Sunset) Safaris
African Wine
the cappuccino machine
a REAL "lounge"
the CM's....BEYOND friendly!

love it all!

FeeFeeWhite
06-09-2004, 04:09 PM
I am in love with the Cappucinno Machine.

k&a&c'smom
06-09-2004, 04:28 PM
We've stayed Poly CL and AKL CL, and both were fantastic, but AKL wins overall! The AKL is our favorite resort, with Poly in second, so that probably influences me, but there is just a certain something, very hard to describe, at AKL. We loved both lounges (hard to beat that Castle view at the Poly!) but I felt the food offerings at AKL were a little better, the cooking demonstration was a lot of fun, the cm's are so wonderful. We didn't get to do the Safari, as we upgraded at check-in, so that will have to wait for another time. The only negative at the AKL lounge, there's no way to take water back to your room, you can buy some but it seems the CL ought to have water available, IMO. You could ask for the large, glass bottles at Poly to take back to your room.

We are trying out WL CL and BWI CL next month, I hope we love both of those as well!::yes::

#1hockeymom
06-09-2004, 05:04 PM
AKL!!!! In forty days I might change my mind, but I don't think anything will ever top my experiences at the AKL's concierge lounge! Cap machine, great CMs, sunrise safari, Those salty or cinnamon crisps (depending on the time of day), the AMARULA!, the great people who stay there to converse with, The smells from Boma and Jiko drifting up into the lounge, I could go on and on! I feel so comfortable there, I wish it were home! ( DH wishes I didn't think like this!)

ahhhhh I wonder if I should forget about branching out and switch half of my July trip to...

Debbie

hightown
06-09-2004, 07:15 PM
I'll give my opinion based on very limited experience. We've done YC and AKL Concierge. I'll agree with a previous poster that the people at the YC Concierge desks were great but I LOVE the AKL Concierge lounge itself. I just want to live there. Love the open, airy space. Love the furniter. Want my living room to be just like it!

Both had good but different food selections. I think the unique desserts at AKL beats YC by a little.

Overall, I'll go back to the AKL Concierge anytime I can afford it and hope to November if we see AP rates!

Sharon

GlennandAnn
06-09-2004, 07:57 PM
Poly, Poly, Poly!! You cannot beat the view from the concierge lounge.

Ann:earsgirl:

JESW
06-09-2004, 08:00 PM
We have stayed concierge at YC, Polynesian, Contemporary, AKL and Boardwalk. My two favorites are AKL and Polynesian - great food offerings and great lounges.

Jill

betterlatethannever
06-09-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by johnsonet
I'm interested in **********'s answer, in particular;)
I have stayed at GF Lodge Concierge once and AKL Concierge once. The lodge concierge was nothing special IMO but AKL was terrific and the chance to experience Sunrise Safari was amazing. I'm wondering about RPC at GF, Poly, YC and BC in particular, and BWI as well.
For those of you who have stayed at more than one CL, what is your favorite???
Thanks!

Well, until ********** chimes in, I'll jump in.

Below is a list of the CLs I have stayed at. The list is in order of preferrence with the best on top.

CR (14th floor)
Poly
AKL
BWI
WL
YC
BC
SWAN

I am not a coffee (or cappucino) person which would probably have put AKL higher.

I am also a caffene free Diet Coke person. YC and BC didn't have it which probably lowered their rating. Poly didn't have it either but it was so much better in other respects.

Ed

hookedup
06-09-2004, 09:01 PM
CR 14th FLOOR RULES!

Demosthenes
06-09-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by hookedup
CR 14th FLOOR RULES!

Unquestionably the best on Disney property.

BambiTamby
06-09-2004, 09:31 PM
I haven't stayed at CR's 14th floor... and let me tell you, I'm trying to get on that floor!!!!
FULL, FULL, FULL everytime I try to book or when I check-in.

It's like the restaurant thing...if it's FULL....that says something!

But from my experiences so far.....
(and I AM a latte/cappucino lover) AKL CL ROCKS!:rockband:

the Poly CL is a very close second, with the YC, BC following...

I will be staying at the GF RPC, BWI CL, and CR TC after this trip.

And, tomorrow morning...I will make my daily call to CRO for at least one night on the coveted 14th floor of the CR.
<font size=1>Please, God, let me get one night there!:angel:</font>

I have to say, even on the 11th floor, I was very impressed with the CR and their staff. ::yes::

And this is coming from the person you named...

"Disney Bliss Personified!" :teeth: :wave:

Cinderella37
06-09-2004, 09:34 PM
Having stayed at the GF (RPC) many times and BWI, BWI wins hands down. The beauty of the resort, coupled with the excellent staff, makes the BWI the best resort on property, IMO. The staff is amazing and eager to help in any way, shape, or form.

Every time we needed concierge's assistance at the GF, we got attitude, plus our itinerary was always wrong upon check-in (they never honored my request to email me with a copy). Then it would be a hassle to get it fixed, even though I'd emailed or faxed our PS usually 100 days out.

I have heard excellent things about AK and YC, but have never stayed there.

Jungle Skipper
06-09-2004, 11:31 PM
I have stayed GF Sugar Loaf and Cont. 12th floor. Netiehr was spectacular. I cant wait for my first REAL concierge experience at Poly this year!

Jungle Josh

Can this clock at the bottom tick any faster???? :tongue:

Tess
06-21-2004, 08:46 AM
And believe me after 10 days in Polynesian concierge. . .you really don't want to weigh in! :) Do I really need to give you our concierge service favorite! Sad to be back from yet another spectacular stay. . . :sad:

Our comparisons are based upon stays at AKL, YC/BC, BWI, and GF.

litlpixie
06-21-2004, 12:37 PM
For the first time I got the pleasure of concierge this Easter at AKL. It was super...oh yeah, those Cap. Machines/ they are the best. We will be trying Yacht Club concierge next, but man those 4 nights at CBR first might be tough.

ead79
06-21-2004, 01:00 PM
Gosh, it's such a tough choice. I have stayed at Poly concierge (twice), Yacht Club concierge, BWI concierge, and GF main bldg. concierge. Basically I like different things the best at each of them. Here are my own little concierge "awards", LOL!

Best Food: Polynesian

Best Service: Yacht Club

Staff that remembered our name the most (without checking, LOL): GF

Best Breakfast: Polynesian

Best Desserts: GF

Best pre-planning team: BWI

Best lounge: tie between Polynesian (for the view) and GF

Next on my list to try are AKL, CR, and WL concierges. :)

francie
06-30-2004, 09:17 PM
hi, i'm trying to get info on a 14th fl consierge room (as opposed to a suite) at the cr and thankfully found you three! i've read the general info on deb's and disney's etc. sights, but i was hoping to get some up-close and personal info from someone who has actually stayed there. would you mind anwering a few questions? curious about the lounge offerings, the staff and the room decor. also, since all the rooms up there are smoking-optional, were any of you non-smokers bothered by smoke from your neighbors? thank you so much for any time you can give me.

jacksmom
06-30-2004, 10:07 PM
We have only done Poly CL so far, but we are doing GF SL CL in Sept. We loved Poly! The food offerings were great! The CL staff was great! We were able to get a PS for CRT! We will definately do Poly again! I just hope we enjoy GF as much! I must say though, the planning staff so far has been great! Very nice, and very professional, but also attentive and helpful! So far, I would give them an A+!