PDA

View Full Version : 5 people, possibly 6....what would be our best option?

phorsenuf
06-09-2004, 08:52 AM
I am thinking about putting together an affordable trip for Feb. There will definately be 5 of us, maybe 6. With 5 I would do POR, although I would like to try a new resort. We have already done Ft. Wilderness (kids weren't very thrilled with it, but that was a looooong time ago!), ASMO, ASMU and POR. What would be other options besides value? I know I could always get 2 rooms there but I was wondering if other hotels have accomodations I'm not aware of. DTD hotels could work too.
What can you experts advise????
I was thinking too about renting points, but I think the costs would be too high.
Thanks!

goofy4tink
06-09-2004, 10:10 AM
I guess you could rent points, but you would probably need a two-bedroom unit I would think. And that would add up, pointwise. The one bedroom would hold 5 of you, with a king sized bed and double fold out sofa, but it would be tight. I would book two rooms at the AllStars. I know a lot of people don't like them, but I thought they were fine, especially with kids. Two bathrooms, 4 beds, the ability to put the kids to bed and still have some private time. Yep, that's what I would do.

Kimberle
06-09-2004, 10:35 AM
I would do 2 rooms somewhere. That way you'd have 2 TV's and bathrooms.

With 6, you're only option (other than the DVC's) is the cabins at FW. With 5 you could do POR (I think that is the mod with the trundle bed) or a deluxe.

Scoootch
06-09-2004, 11:30 AM
Your on sight options are :

If you have 5 -
POR in the AB section w/trundle bed.
2 rooms at a value or moderate
1 room at most of the deluxes - they'll have 2 double or Queen beds and a day bed.

If you have 6-
DVC resorts you will need to get a 2 bedroom villa. Occupancy is 4 in a studio or 1bdrm and 8 in a 2bdrm. Unless your 5th person is a child under 3yrs old in which case the 5th person can be in a pak-n-play crib.

FW cabins will sleep 6

There is also a Jr.suite at WL and CSR that will hold 6 I think.

For off sight I've heard that holiday inn has decent priced suites that accommodate larger parties. And I'm sure other's will chime in with more options;)

dgaston
06-09-2004, 03:15 PM
While I haven't done this myself (I've done POR with trundle, FW cabins, rented points for DVC, and rented a house off-site), hotelkingdom has good rates for Cypress Pointe and Cypress Pointe Grand Villas. These are just around the corner from POR on 535 on the way to Crossroads, and DTD. I think the location is great, give you lots of bedroom options (I'd probably go with a 3 bedroom) at a good price

Hours are short in Feb, and unless you're there Presidents Week, you'll be able to get a lot done in a short time.

steelmans DW
06-09-2004, 05:41 PM
There are 5 of us and on june 27th we are checking in to 2 rooms at CSR. We were booked at CR but we thought it would work out better to have 2 bathrooms, 2 showers, 2 tvs, etc.