PDA

View Full Version : family feud

mousefansmom
06-08-2004, 11:01 PM
Hi, need some help here!

We are doing the land/sea package next year, and we have to pick our resort. I have narrowed it down to the Poly or AKL.
I stayed at the Poly as a child, and absolutely loved it. DH, DS, and DD and I stayed at AKL in 2001, I loved it there too. DH, however does not want to stay at the Poly. At all. I am frustrated because whenever I plan our Disney trips he never says a word, until now! I have such beautiful memories of the Poly and would love to share them with our kids. We ate at Ohana's in January, and DH agreed it was one of the best meals he's ever had. I asked the kids to choose, and one chose Poly, one chose AKL!!!
Help, I am stuck!! How can I sell him on the Poly?

Mousefansmom
PS. I know that I could never pay for the Poly if it weren't part of the cruise package. The AKL has better rates and discounts, is more affordable for our situation than the Poly. Transportation is not an issue, we drive everywhere, and I have to beg him to do the monorail "for the kids" :0)
:(

copper68
06-08-2004, 11:51 PM
I say flip a coin...

sounds like it's 2-2...someon e has to be flexible...so the best bet is to let George Washington decide it... :)

but don't let it be decided with one flip...has to be at least best of 5...maybe best of 7...lol...

KELLIE JONES
06-09-2004, 02:17 AM
it looks like this is a yearly event for your fam. so why not make a deal with the 2 AKL... that you guys will stay there next year. :D and lets face it, your a mother... if all else fails, pull out the old " i gave birth to you children, dont i deserve a little now and then?? "

did you explain WHY you want to go back to the poly?? i just wouldnt have the heart to tell you no if you were my mother.

ps,
what cruise are you guys going on?

PartyOf5a
06-09-2004, 06:12 AM
Just say, "Darn, the AKL was not available, I had to book the Poly!"

WDW TRIP NUT
06-09-2004, 06:15 AM
I agree. You have already stayed at the AKL. It's time to try something different. As you can see it is my goal to stay at every resort (LOL). But, the reason we stayed at the CR tower a few years ago is because as a child, I dreamed of staying there. I loved it! Actually, I've loved every resort that we have stayed at. (for different reasons) My children's favorite is always the last one that we stay at. (LOL) We have been to the AKL to eat but are staying there for the first time next month. I'm so excited to try yet another resort but, we love the Poly too! Try the Poly this time.

bhillier
06-09-2004, 07:23 AM
Did you ask him why he does not want to stay @ Poly?

Good luck in talking this over with him. I hope he changes his mind and becomes excited about the resort.

johnsonet
06-09-2004, 07:30 AM
The #1 thing that jumps out at me is how much it means to you to stay at Poly with your family. I think that should override everything else. But run the numbers and see how much more $$ you're dealing with and be sure it is "worth it" to you - let your husband know that Poly is one of the absolute favorites of Disney veterans/experts and that he won't regret itprincess: Good luck!

puffkin
06-09-2004, 10:30 AM
Since you only have a few days on the Land part of your package, I would say go with the Poly. You will be right in the middle of things and take the monorail to the MK and Epcot (much faster than driving). You would also just be a quick drive from MGM and AK. Also, there are a lot of dining options near the Poly that you don't have at AK.

mousefansmom
06-09-2004, 04:36 PM
Everyone!
You have made me laugh! DH is really a pretty good guy, and usually more flexible. Bhillier: He won't give me a reason, he just says " I don't like it"! He's just a little crabby lately because our new house (new to us) has so much needed work!! He will truly need this vacation. Kellie: We are going on the 12/1/05 Wonder! Unless our vacation account magically fills itself up, then we would go the day I noticed it !!! LOL!
Thanks everyone!
Mousefansmom:wave: