PDA

View Full Version : Experts: Poly or GF Concierge?

dotterson
06-08-2004, 09:06 PM
Hi,

We have lots of DVC points and I wanted to do a special trip for next April. DH (6'5" so we'd like a king bed) and DD who is 12. We will stay 2 days near MK and the rest at the Beach Club DVC (or Boardwalk) 2 BD near Epcot.

Which is better? Poly or GF Concierge?

We are going back in 2006 when DD sings with her chorus and will definitely hit GF Conceirge and V&A while she's with her chorus group!

I appreciate your honest opinions!

thanks,
d

P.S. Hubbie likes the Poly, but we were there this past NYE for 2 days. Contemporary doesn't seem that exciting to me.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

k&a&c'smom
06-08-2004, 09:53 PM
I haven't stayed GF CL, so I really can't comment. But RPC does seem very nice, with it in the Main Bldg.

We stayed Poly CL in April and loved it!!::yes:: We had room #2502 just a couple doors from the lounge and a gorgeous view of the Castle!! Although there are no balconies on the 2nd floor, there is a sliding door that you can open to get the ambiance and take pictures, and there is a railing.

The Poly lounge is beautiful, Chef Dick prepares the most wonderful food creations, little vignettes of animals on the beach! So creative, the kids love it!! And the food offerings were plentiful, all the cm's were very warm and friendly. We can't wait to go back, though we are trying the WL and BWI CL's this July!

Good luck, and happy planning!:wave:

Tikiman
06-09-2004, 08:41 AM
Well there are many that love both so it is a matter of opinion.

If we go by just some facts the Polynesian has:
Larger standard rooms
Larger beach area
Better transportation with the TTC walking distance.
More repeat guests
All lagoon view rooms face the castle
First viewing each night of the Electrical Water Pageant
Is second on the stop for the bus (GF being last can sometimes end up with a full bus)

You also have access to the food and shopping or the GF and the Contemporary when staying at the Polynesian by just hopping on the monorail.

To many those things do not matter and they still love the GF but I thought I would just bring them up. I am sure someone will have a list of why the GF is better.

Aloha

Steve

dotterson
06-09-2004, 09:00 AM
More opinions????

d

:confused:

Cris
06-09-2004, 09:45 AM
how do you know GF doesn't get just as much repeat business, you cannot judge by the people on these boards. There are a lot of "Grand Guest"

Tikiman
06-09-2004, 10:12 AM
Actually I am not going by people on the boards but records the Resort Managment has on their reservation system. I would have no way of calculating that on my own. I am sure all the resorts get quite a few repeat guests. I am just stating what was told to me.

karemore
06-09-2004, 01:07 PM
I've only stayed at GF concierge. (RPC)

We honeymooned there this April and it was amazing.

The food and beverages were great, the CMs were friendly and helpful, they got us into 1900 Park Fare even though we didn't have a PS, and had a BDay cupcake and crown sent to the table for me...

We were upgraded to a castle view, which was fantastic. We had requested a king bed (not knowing it wasn't available in the deluxe concierge) and a lagoon view...and we ended up in a honeymoon room on the second floor with a perfect view of the castle and the fireworks.

The rooms were beautiful. We actually had a room with two queens the first night then moved into the room with the king so I got to see two different decors....both were gorgeous.

The marble tile in the bath is nice too, and I loved the wicker hampers so we didn't have to have wet towels around the room.....ah....I want to go back!

Karen

dotterson
06-09-2004, 01:39 PM
Karen,

I think you've decided it for me! I don't think the Contemporary is our speed and we've done the Poly...

d:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc