PDA

View Full Version : just switched CSR to AKL... leaving in 6 days! Advice?

daniluvsdisney
06-08-2004, 08:26 PM
Will be glad to have balcony... sad to give up CSR... hard to plan w/ extended family, but going w/ toddler and thought it would be nice to have more room and balcony... also handier food options....
my brain is rattled... is this a good choice for summer short trip w/ small children? Hope to do the pool some afternoons...:sunny:

daniluvsdisney
06-08-2004, 09:40 PM
never gone this time of year... unsure what to expect crowd wise and also any reccommendations re. how to make a short 4 note stay any more magic?

k&a&c'smom
06-08-2004, 10:58 PM
I think AKL is a wonderful choice for the summer, as it has so many activities to do, it won't seem like you're missing anything when the parks get so crowded/hot during the day. And, my DD loves the pool, there's a great play area right next to it, and you can see the animals close by!

Be sure to try Boma and/or Jiko, these are wonderful restaurants! And, if possible, do the Storytelling at Arusha Rock, and the Cultural Safari in the evenings, both very entertaining!!

Have a wonderful trip, any room in your suitcase for a stow-away?!;) :wave:

daniluvsdisney
06-08-2004, 11:48 PM
If I could I'd take everyone with me... thank you for the kind words of encouragement!:)

susy
06-09-2004, 06:35 AM
Those are two of our favorite resorts!

There are so many things to love about AKL. The food court is right by the pool-perfect for eating lunch while swimming. They have tables with umbrellas right there. The pool is also zero entry-great for moms with little ones. The transportation is as easy as it gets-one bus stop-no sharing. Boma and Jiko are both wonderful. Don't forget to request turndown service. We stayed there two years ago Labor Day Weekend and the resort was full-well, it never felt full at all! We are going again this Labor Day Weekend.

Buzz2001
06-09-2004, 08:09 AM
Have a great time!

tinkgrl
06-09-2004, 09:51 AM
Hi,

Have a good time!!!! Mom & I were there from 5/26 to 5/29. Had a lovely time. Be sure to post when you return!

Allison