PDA

View Full Version : Port Orleans French Quarter or Hilton near DD??

labst60
06-08-2004, 08:01 PM
For the same price ($109 per night for king bed) - which resort would you choose and why? Two adults (late 20's), no kids.

Also, if you would choose POFQ, any room request recommendations?

We usually stay at the Swan but they are booked solid for 3 of our night :-(.

Thanks!!!

poohbear2
06-08-2004, 08:58 PM
POFQ definitely!! We had a great time there. It was quiet, clean and the pool was fun. We plan to go back next summer. Hoping to do half POFQ and half the POLY. We stayed in bldg 5, close to the pool. But the resort is small, so it really isnt that far from any of the blgds to the pool.

MAC3
06-08-2004, 09:41 PM
Hi,

Let me just say that once you stay onsite you will never leave.....

We stayed at ASMu in 94 and haven't left yet... Bought DVC instead (2001).

But good luck in your choice, it may be one that changes your life and makes you a Disney Freak like the rest of us!

Lisa

Grumpy92
06-09-2004, 08:26 AM
POFQ, was there a week ago and the rooms rehab was worth the wait. We all loved it. We requested bldg 3 which was a great location very close to the main bldg. What is good about this resort is that it is small so really walking to the dock or the main bldg isnt bad at all.

dimimi
06-09-2004, 09:17 PM
POFQ would be my vote. We just went in May and loved it. It will especially good if you plan on using the extra hours that the park is open. You also have the use of POR and many food courts and one restaurant. We could stay there for a couple days w/o going to the parks. Have fun.

julybride
06-09-2004, 11:43 PM
POFQ. We stayed their for our honeymoon in 1993 and loved it. Being onsite is just so much more convenient if you are only visiting WDW.

dismom3
06-10-2004, 08:22 AM
POFQ hands down!!! You're not going to get the disney magic if you don't stay on site. You still get the EMH by staying at Hilton, but I would stay at the FQ. We've gone twice - it's awesome! Also, check mousesavers because I think you could do better than 109 a night. Check those codes! We're going for $74 a night.