PDA

View Full Version : Dreams Unlimited

sjw4870
06-08-2004, 06:51 PM
I was looking for opinions on using this agency. I've been to WDW many times and I always seem to get the best deal when I book everything myself and do it all separate (meaning, air, room, tickets). Dreams Unlimited is giving me the same exact rates for the "5 plus 2 Dream Maker" package; is there any additional benefits to using this service (such as a more liberal cancellation policy). I think I read that they will make your Priority Seatings, but I would actually prefer to do this myself anyway.

Thanks!

imadisneyfanatic
06-08-2004, 08:02 PM
The reason I am a repeat customer to Dreams Unlimited is the fact that they constantly watch for discounts to apply to your reservation, they make an itinerary for you, and all of your priority seatings.

My first time using them (3 years ago) I was very skeptical about the discount checking because I figured they were working on commission and weren't motivated to apply discounts to me. Lo and behold I got an e-mail one day letting me know that a discount had come out and I owed almost $400.00 less on my balance because of it. Needless to say I was thrilled. I just don't have the time (working single Mom) to watch for all of the discount codes so that part is invaluable to me. (Still hoping for pixie dust to come with a big discount for this trip)

As far as priority seatings, they will do as much or as little as you want. They are really great at having a team of folks calling at 7am for the Cinderella breakfast. I have never been disappointed. (You also don't have to pay all those long distance phone calls)

I don't think you can go wrong but that's just my opinion. Just a side note - I have also had to cancel a trip and it was no problem or hassle at all.

Either way, hope you have a magical trip!:wave2:

swilphil
06-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Here's how the priority seating works with DU. You login to their website with your reservation number and plug in what meals you want on certain days, then they take care of the rest. I find it to be very easy.

Amberle3
06-08-2004, 11:08 PM
I'm not with DU, but I can tell you that if the cost of using a travel agent is the same as not using one, then by all means use one! There's no limit to the number of things that can go wrong with a trip, and I'm not just talking about little things like the wrong date/wrong hotel. I'm talking about reservations mysteriously going missing, missed planes, connections that suddenly aren't and so on.

If you book on your own and you have trouble, you have to spend the time and the effort to get it straighted out. If you book with an agent, THEY spend the time and effort on your behalf.

I had a client on a Hawaii cruise that ended up being cancelled partway through. While other passengers were waiting in one of two designated areas to see if their arrangements could be straighted out and taken care of, my client was literally walking along the beach and enjoying an unplanned day in Waikiki. She knew I was taking care of things for her, so no stress for her!

Given the excellent things I've heard about DU, I can't imagine they would be doing any less for their clients.

DonnaSue
06-08-2004, 11:37 PM
We just used Dreams Unlimited for our trip (just returned Sunday night), and I can not say enough good about them!!! Our agent was Marsha, and she was fantastic!!! Very nice and accommodating!!! We had to change our dates once - No Problem!!! She handled everything!!! I usually do it all myself, but she was great!!!! I asked several STUPID questions (actually DH asked them - I just relayed them to her!) and she was very gracious and quick with the right answers!!!

I was not used to someone doing everything for me, so I made all of my PS arrangements and did my own itinerary, which I spent a LOT of time on - and wouldn't you know it - the itinerary she did for us was IDENTICAL to the one I spent so much time on!!! Next time, I am definitely requesting Marsha, and I am letting her take care of EVERYTHING!!!!!

Donna::MinnieMo

goofy4tink
06-09-2004, 05:44 AM
I used a regular travel agent the first time I went to WDW. She didn't really know very much about WDW. So, the next trip I booked myself, using info I found here. (thanks everyone) Then, for my last two trips, I used DU. My agent, Shirley, is terrific. She was able to book an IllumiNations cruise for us last summer, get CRT ps's. I didn't think she would have any 'hints' that were new to me, but guess what?? She had some terrific tips on fireworks viewing spots etc. I have since bought into DVC but since I don't want to use points on Fri/Sat I use Shirley to book my 2 night stays in other WDW resorts. She does just as good a job for my 2 night stays as she did on my 8 night stays. She has gotten my AP rates right away, changed my resorts 3 times for my August trip!! Yep, I love DU and Shirley!!!

rykdad
06-09-2004, 10:44 AM
Here's another vote in support of Dreams Unlimited. Our rate on our most recent trip (last week) was lowered twice since we booked in October '03. It was also great to have our agent, Sue Elln, book all of our requested Priority Seatings, including Cinderella's Royal Table. Being put on is not my idea of a good time.

ladyandthescamp
06-09-2004, 12:05 PM
I was also hesitant to use DU because last time I used an agency in the mall which seemed so convienant right?...WRONG! They could not care less if I was satisfied with my trip. So this time I thought to myself that the DIS couldn't be wrong sooooooooooooooo....

I am currently working with DU and have to say they are #1 in customer service. I think, on a daily basis, I must e-mail Debbie with all sorts of questions to pick her brain or ask questions that, quite honestly are "duh" and she responds not only quickly, but very professionally (even on the weekends!!) ... never once making me feel like a novice yet always making me feel like I am her only client :) I am very impressed! I will use DU in the future as well.

BethC1952
06-09-2004, 12:27 PM
And yet one more vote for DU! I just returned from my third trip planned through Merrie at DU, and next week I will be booking at least my fourth, and possibly my fifth as well. I love the fact that they watch for the discounts, that they will make my PS's (if I want any), and that they handle changes with no hassles.

My last travel agent (now out of business) forgot to include my father-in-law on the land and sea portion of our December, 2002 vacation! Fortunately, I was able to work everything out, but it was a nightmare!

Beth

Tartan Tigger
06-09-2004, 01:37 PM
I have booked my upcoming July and December trips through Dreams Unlimited. My agent is Merrie and she is absolutely fantastic. She has answered all my questions (some of them stupid) within a few hours. She has been so helpful. :)

KarenB
06-09-2004, 05:50 PM
We have been to WDW many, many times and this is the second time we have used DU. We used them in 2000 (I think that is the year) and it worked well. We are DVC members so really don;t have the need for DU. We used all of our points for our upcoming cruise and decided to extend the stay at WDW.

Even though we pretty well know what we want to do in WDW, it is nice to simply e-mail your agent a list what you need and let the work to them. DH and I work many hours and telephone time to Disney is hard to find.

Merrie is our agent and just great. She made our resort reservations, town car service, PSs, and just yesterday she got us WL for the price we were paying to stay at POR!!! :hyper:

Karen

purplebelle
06-09-2004, 06:04 PM
Does DreamsUnlimited have a fee for using them? How do they make any money?

Tiggerlover91
06-09-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by purplebelle
Does DreamsUnlimited have a fee for using them? How do they make any money?

No Dreams does not have a fee. I believe their agents make commissions off what they book. I know there are a few agents who visit this site that can answer that question for sure. :D

SueEllen
06-09-2004, 06:54 PM
Hi Purplebelle, Dreams does not charge for their services. Disney pays travel agents a commission for the reservation. That money is paid to Dreams--so you get the service at no cost to you.

Sue Ellen

LAWalz23
06-09-2004, 08:40 PM
I will add my vote for using DU. We are currently booking our fourth trip through them and could not be more satisfied. Our agent Regina is terrific. She makes changes (which are usually numerous), gets us all the PSs we want including CRT, PSB and Illuminations cruises and AP rates, even when she is on vacation.

classicpooh
06-09-2004, 08:55 PM
Another DU fan!!! I love that I don't have to spend any time/money on hold with Disney, checking for discounts etc... We really wanted CRT for breakfast, and got it no problem! No getting up early and stressing for me! That makes it all worth it... Also when the AP rate came out - automatically applied to my ressie by my agent... no stress here!! I highly recommend them!

purplebelle
06-11-2004, 08:08 AM
Sounds like only positives with using DreamsUnlimited. Maybe I will book through them. So basically do they only give offers for resorts? If I book a moderate, they will periodically contact me if there's been a new discount offered? I don't believe park tickets ever go on sale? I think we just buy our park tickets when we get there.::MinnieMo

swilphil
06-11-2004, 08:54 AM
Purplebelle--DU works with a reputable ticket broker that does give a slight discount on tickets. You do get a discount from the disney web site for buying in advance. I'm getting mine for the same price from the Disney Store, without the $3 fee. They sell four day park hopper passes (NOT plusses) that most ticket brokers don't sell.

ILoveWDW2003
06-11-2004, 09:45 AM
I think we just buy our park tickets when we get there
Disney offers discounts for purchasing in advance. See allearsnet.com/pl/ticketchart.htm for details.

I have used Dreams Unlimited in the past, but for my current trip, I am using Dream Come True Vacations. Joe has been very responsive, and even automatically applied a code and saved me $390. I highly recommend Dream Come True Vacations.

Trekker
06-11-2004, 01:14 PM
I don't believe park tickets ever go on sale? I think we just buy our park tickets when we get there.::MinnieMo

You can purchase discounted park tickets right here on the DIS! (http://www.wdwinfo.com/discounts/discounts-tickets.htm)

Go to the Ticket Brokers section and use The Official Ticket Center link.