View Full Version : Poly or BC for honeymoon??
06-08-2004, 12:45 PM
We are going to be booking our honeymoon this week & were planning on staying at the Poly.. well my fiance was talking to one of his best friends today who lived in Florida for a long time & worked at Disney.. he is saying we should stay at the Beach Club.. (we were originally torn between Poly, BC & POR).. now I'm at a loss.. my fiance of couse wants to go on what his friend has told him.. which I only talked to him for a minute when he called to tell me not to book today because he needs to talk about it after work.. so I'm looking for some opinions.. any commens would be helpful!
Thanks so much!!
06-08-2004, 01:00 PM
The resort I always dreamed about staying at was the Polynesian, so that is where we are staying for our honeymoon. The Beach Club seems nice and I want to stay there sometime, but there is just something so magical about the Polynesian that I feel whenever we visit. Our honeymoon is in a few weeks, so maybe I will feel differently afterwards. So, my vote is the Poly.
Depending on how long your trip is, you could always switch resorts midtrip and get to try them both.
Juste returned from the Beach club. I was fun, but not "honeymoon" material to me. The Yacht Club is right next door and was more "formal" and seemed less noisy. I will definitely book the Yacht Club next time!
06-08-2004, 01:54 PM
Having stayed at both, I would vote for the Polynesian. I think it's really romantic.
06-08-2004, 05:06 PM
Wow, Poly or BC. You've hit on my two favorites. Here's a few of my favorite things about each:
1. Location - just a short walk to Epcot International Gateway, and a nice stroll to the Boardwalk area.
2. SAB - The pool is wonderful - maybe the best Disney has to offer.
3. Beaches and Cream! Great burgers, ice cream... just fun!
4. Art, the Greeter! If he doesn't make you smile, no one will.
5. The summer feel of the resort - It just "feels" like vacation to me.
1. Location - Being on the monorail is a big plus to me.
2. The pool is wonderful as well, and its location by the beach is nice.
3. Kona Cafe is one of my favorites. We go there every trip. The deserts are wonderful, especially the Kilowahea Tort (spelling???).
4. The tropical, Hawaiian theming. I love the Hawaiian music playing throughout the resort, the landscaping, the architecture!
5. Umbrella Drinks! Waiting for a table at OHana's (another great restaurant) with an umbrella drink - that's vacation!
Both are winners. For a romantic honeymoon, my vote is...
06-08-2004, 08:30 PM
We are just back from Poly concierge, and I highly recommend the resort. You can't beat the atmosphere, the view of MK from the beach, the tiki torches lit up at night... it's a really romantic resort and very beautiful. Have you seen Tikiman's website? It's totally dedicated to the Poly and has lots of details and pictures. Maybe you could show it to your fiance and change his mind.
I think that's the web address.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.