PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian <-> Electrical Parade Question

TrlyScrumptious
07-05-2001, 06:10 PM
Now that we're freshly back from a terrific 7 days at the Disneyland Hotel, we're hooked! Although we loved the DLH and it was terrific choice for us with our seven year-old, I'm wondering if we'd like to spend our next vacation (and it can't come a moment too soon, you know!) at the Grand Californian. But, a couple of questions are coming to mind:

1- Are there any recent guests of GCH who have had theme park view rooms with reasonably good views of the parade? My sense is that the hotel is a bit too far and/or too low for this, but we had a wonderful view of Paradise Pier from the 11th floor of the DLH, so I thought I'd ask if anyone thinks there is a location in the hotel from which the parade would be visible.

2-How long is the parade expected to continue on a nightly basis? Is it open-ended, is it seasonal, or is it pretty much anybody's guess??

Last question: Can you watch the fireworks at Disneyland from the Concierge Lounge at the GCH? We loved doing that at the DLH, and it was a real highlight of the trip to be able to see them every night!

raidermatt
07-06-2001, 11:58 AM
Can't help much, but what I've seen says the parade is through the "Summer". I'm fairly confident that means nightly through at least Labor Day, but that's not based on any definite info.

We'll be at the GC in late August, but I don't know what kind of view we will have. We used our DVC points, and my wife made the reservations. Regardless, the info on the parade should be well documented by then.