PDA

View Full Version : Fastpass/Touring Plans...which rides are connected?

5infam
05-22-2004, 12:41 PM
I am heading to DL/DCA tomorrow with the family and I was remembering a prior post from Tink33 regarding Fastpass rides that are not connected, and how she handles her touring plan. I believe her plan was to pull a Fastpass at Indiana, then POTC, then HM, then stand by at Splash and Pooh, then reverse order the Fastpass rides. This seems like a great plan and it got me wondering what other rides are not connected? My plan for tomorrow is to follow the above, then if time allows hit one or 2 more rides then straight over to DCA and get a Fastpass for ToT. Are the rides at DCA connected to the DL Fastpass rides? Can anyone fill me in on what rides are not connected at both parks, please?!!!

Also, if you have your own touring plan, please throw it out there. For reference, my kids are 13, 4 and 2, so we will have to incorporate Baby Swap. Also, we plan on getting there for park opening as I am assuming with nice cool weather, the parks should be packed!!! TIA

Disneyland_emily
05-22-2004, 03:00 PM
The ones I *think* are seperate now are HM, Potc, Star Tours and Roger at DL

Ill have to poke around for DCAs- and yes they are connected as a whole (as far as I remember)- ie ya cant get a Soarin and a Indy at the same time-

-em

Amy&Dan
05-22-2004, 06:49 PM
At DCA it is Grizzly River Run for sure and I think It's Tough To Be a Bug is unconnected too. I am not sure about the two parks being connected or not I thought they weren't and my husband thinks they are! Hopefully someone else can help you more!

Tink33
05-22-2004, 07:29 PM
Disconnected FP:

Disneyland

Pirates of the Caribbean
Haunted Mansion
Roger Rabbit
Star Tours

DCA

Grizzly River Run

Don't forget about the single rider attractions too:

Disneyland

Indiana Jones
Splash Mountain
Space Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain

DCA

Maliboomer
Soaring over California
Mulholland Madness
Grizzly River Run

Unless things have changed recently, you CAN hold FP for Disneyland and DCA at the same time.

Have a great day tomorrow 5infam. I will be there with my family tomorrow too. If you see my lime green ribbon, please stop and say hello.

5infam
05-22-2004, 08:26 PM
Tink33,

Thanks for the complete list. I don't know if you are following your own plan tomorrow or not, but if so, we may run into each other (I'll look out for the ribbon). I did not know about GRR not being connected. I think I will pull a Fastpass for ToT and then go over and get one for GRR.

Anyone else have a touring plan they think works well?

iceskatejen
05-22-2004, 08:48 PM
Since when does BTM have a single rider line? Same with Space Mountain? As far as I know only Indy and Splash have singles lines in DL and only Soarin', Grizzly River and the Maliboomer in DCA--I've never seen a singles line for Muholland Madness or BTM. It doesn't make sense that rides that seat 2 across (or sometimes 3 in the case of BTM) would have a singles line.

5infam
05-23-2004, 10:10 PM
OK - Here is my update:

Got through the gates around 8:20 and headed for IJ, got a FP and headed for Pirates but they were closed!. Instead, pulled a FP at HM, then rode stand by on SM (walked right on), then walked onto Pooh. At this point, we were waiting for other family to arrive so we went on BTMR. Tried to get a baby swap pass, but FP wasn't being used yet, so they wouldn't give us one. When the rest of the family arrived, they pulled a FP for IJ, then we hit POTC (finally opened) and walked on. Then to HM (did not need FP), then to IJ and used the FP, then over to DCA to get a FP for ToT.

The only downside to using this plan was that the park opens at 8:00 and all the FP machines had return times for 9:00 or later, so basically, we really didn't need a FP except for IJ. Maybe if it were more crowded earlier, it would have worked better (but I am not complaining about having smaller crowds at opening, Believe Me!!!!).

In any event, I did confirm for myself that HM, POTC and IJ could all be FP'd at the same time.

Tink33 - Hope you had fun today too!!!

Az Pirates
05-24-2004, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by iceskatejen
Since when does BTM have a single rider line? Same with Space Mountain? As far as I know only Indy and Splash have singles lines in DL and only Soarin', Grizzly River and the Maliboomer in DCA--I've never seen a singles line for Muholland Madness or BTM. It doesn't make sense that rides that seat 2 across (or sometimes 3 in the case of BTM) would have a singles line.

Can't remember about space mtn. it's been closed for so long.:(
I do know Mulholland madness has a single rider line. My 8 yr. old DS did single rider line multiple times while his sisters waited in the regular line.

Tink33
05-24-2004, 01:34 PM
I did have fun 5infam. It sounds like you did too.

We went only to DCA. With FP use we were able to ride Tower of Terror twice, Grizzly River Run, California Screamin', the Sun Wheel, Soarin' Over California, watch It's Tough to be a Bug and spend 35 minutes in the Redwood Creek Challenge Area. We also stopped at EVERY snack stand in sight, walked through Downtown Disney, had a great meal on the patio at Rain Forest Cafe and shopped for sweets at the Candy section of Greetings from California. We arrived at 10:00 am and were out the gates of DCA by 4:00 pm. I thought we accomplished a lot considering most of the standby waits at DCA were 40-80 minutes.

5infam
05-24-2004, 08:27 PM
Wow Tink33, you guys moved fast!!! There were 9 of us all together, so we were a pretty slow moving group (even though I tried to move everyone along). Any special touring plan that you use at DCA now that ToT is in place?