PDA

View Full Version : CC weather...is it always "the best we've had in weeks?"

ohiominnie
05-21-2004, 10:40 PM
We were just on the May 8th Magic cruise. In the final show the cruise director came out and talked and mentioned "wasn't that the most beautiful weather we had today on CC?" The crowd cheers. Then she says something to the effect of "that was the best weather there as been at CC in weeks!!" The crowd cheers again.

What I find funny about this, is that EVERY cruise we've been on (4 this past year) we have been lucky enough to have "the best weather that CC has had in weeks."

Do they just SAY that to get the crowd to cheer? Am I just EXCEPTIONALLY lucky to always book the cruises with perfect CC weather?? If so, why didn't I win a dime at bingo?? :)

What has been your experience? Especially you May 1st cruisers?? Did you also have the best weather CC has seen in weeks??

renzdr
05-21-2004, 10:52 PM
Funny, we were on the March 28th cruise and ALSO had the "best weather in weeks" on Castaway Cay!!!!

yodasdabomb
05-21-2004, 11:41 PM
I would guess that it is "all part of the magic" ::yes:: ::yes::

dianthus
05-21-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by renzdr
Funny, we were on the March 28th cruise and ALSO had the "best weather in weeks" on Castaway Cay!!!!

4/17 was one of those "best weeks" too!

Ohiominnie~ If this was Rachel's first week as cruise director on the 5/8, how would she know! LOL! The crowd cheers...:eek:

CM_Mom
05-21-2004, 11:46 PM
I don't remember that specific line in the show but the weather on CC was absolutely beautiful when we were there on the May 1 cruise. And I have the sunburn to prove it!

I do know from other cruisers and DD that sometimes it can be cooler and occasionally has been rainy. I image that during the spring it gets better and better till it's summer and maybe a little hot?

But I agree with Yoda. As long as it isn't awful, it's part of the Magic.

Phrebert
05-22-2004, 12:40 AM
We were on the 4/24 Western and the weather on CC was the best they had in weeks.

TheWog
05-22-2004, 09:45 AM
In January it was the best they've had in "months"....

ohiominnie
05-22-2004, 09:50 AM
When we were on the Wonder in September, I was waiting for dd to get done in Scuttle's Cove and was chatting with the counsellors. One of them said it was a good day at CC that the past several weeks has been a bit overcast and rainy at times. Our day on CC had been sunny and warm. Then when the cruise director said it, I actually BELIEVED it, since I had heard it from a "regular" person. :)

eagmommy
05-22-2004, 10:00 AM
I was on the February 28th Magic and the weather on CC was wonderful. I sat in the water all day while my kids played. It was a little breezy, but otherwise "the best weather they had in awhile!" Last April (2003) I can honestly say was a bad day at CC. It was cold and overcast. We didn't go near the water and didn't stay very long. In fact, we almost didn't make it into CC. The Captain tried several times to back in and the water was VERY rough! So, you never know what you are going to get!

BethA
05-22-2004, 10:32 AM
I wish they were able to tell us that. Not bad in the morning, but huge storm came up in the afternoon.

fireguy5620
05-22-2004, 11:45 AM
My recollection of Rachels' comments were:

"This was the best weather that they have had in weeks for an entire 7 day cruise."

Which, during the May 8th cruise the weather was absolutely perfect. No rain, tons of son, bit windy but that kept the temp bearable...

DreaminDisney
05-22-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by fireguy5620

Which, during the May 8th cruise the weather was absolutely perfect. No rain, tons of son, bit windy but that kept the temp bearable...
AMEN! It was AWESOME!

randytenn
05-22-2004, 07:17 PM
Honestly, what is she going to say?

"Well, wasn't the weather at CC wonderful. Mind you, last week, it was so much better, and the week before that, perfect! But, the weather today was nice, too!"

:teeth:

jrabbit
05-24-2004, 12:36 PM
"that was the best weather there as been at CC in weeks!!" Every cruise I've been on they've said that, including the time we were chased off of the island by a pretty nasty lightnening storm!

dis4me
05-24-2004, 12:48 PM
Ditto 4 cruises all the best weather in weeks.LOL I guess it goes with the Disney territory. It is the best cruise because you are there. We also got "the bst crowd" the most fun" etc. It is all part of the fun. I am just glad we had great weather as some were not as fortunate.