PDA

View Full Version : Military Here?

caero
05-19-2004, 09:40 AM
Marine Corps here!~ Anyone else a Military Family? :earsboy:

momof3disneyholics
05-20-2004, 09:26 AM
Army wife here. My husband is in the medical field has been serving for almost 10 years.

Dcat2u
05-20-2004, 10:07 AM
Former Army brat, prior Air Force, and Army Wife now! 5 years left to go!

JohnsPrincess
05-20-2004, 10:37 AM
I'm in the Air Force Reserves (working full time in uniform). I was active duty for 4 years, inactive for one, and have been active reserves since December. My mom was an nurse in the AF and my stepdad was a Doctor in the AF. My boyfriend is also in! One big military family!!

caero
05-22-2004, 05:06 PM
Nice to meet all of you!~ We are in Florida but about 0 hours from Disney... havent been yet but are planning a trip!~

Auggietina
05-22-2004, 06:00 PM
Army National Guard Family here. DH is activated and in Iraq.

Nice to me all of you!

Otto's Doll
05-24-2004, 08:03 PM
DH did 5 years active Air Force, then joined the NY Air National Guard, where he was full time for 14 years. March 2003 he got reactivated and will stay that way until at least August. He has over 20 now, and will be a lifer, I am sure. God bless you guys, :grouphug: .

katerkat
05-25-2004, 08:53 AM
DH is a pilot - we're just finishing his second full year in the Air Force. He's required to serve 10 years starting December 2003, so we're probably going to stick it out for the other 8.5 years for retirement. (Or, more likely, until they kick him out after 30+ years!)

Sumac
05-25-2004, 11:17 AM
My hubby is active duty Navy. He is currently an instructor with the Center for Naval Engineering in the Tidewater, VA area. He has over 20 years in and will probably retire when he completes his current assignment in 2006. I'm just glad that he is on shore duty right now and is home with us.

DepCor0311
05-27-2004, 10:09 PM
Semper Fi...In from 1987 to 1993 (Gulf War I and Somalia Vet) ...that is where the 0311 comes from in my user name!!!

Kimmykins
05-27-2004, 10:18 PM
My daddy became a marine straight out of high school and was till I was born and is now in the army since all kids are grown and gone.

antbritt
05-27-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Otto's Doll
DH did 5 years active Air Force, then joined the NY Air National Guard, where he was full time for 14 years. March 2003 he got reactivated and will stay that way until at least August. He has over 20 now, and will be a lifer, I am sure. God bless you guys, :grouphug: .

Otto's Doll Your DH would not happen to be a member of the 105th now would he???

I am over there I am there Full time ( AGR). Have 19 years in the Guard.
Mary

Otto's Doll
05-27-2004, 10:42 PM
Yup, Otto is a member of the 105th. He is in POL. What squadron are you with?

antbritt
05-27-2004, 10:45 PM
I am in the Medical Sq/ I probably Know yur Husband . I pretty much have contact with everyone. Small world Huh?
Mary

Otto's Doll
05-27-2004, 10:48 PM
Sure is! How long have you been there?

antbritt
05-27-2004, 10:50 PM
Sometimes I think tooooo Long But I love it!!! Almost 20 Years!!
I joined in 1985.

Otto's Doll
05-27-2004, 10:51 PM

antbritt
05-27-2004, 10:58 PM
I actually got there Just when they had moved from Westchester . We were then on the other side ( where the Airport and BX are) Then in 87 we moved to where we are now. We have grown so much since even that time.

Mary

Otto's Doll
05-28-2004, 01:10 PM
That's for sure. Neat to have 'met' you on here! Have a great weekend.

antbritt
05-28-2004, 06:38 PM
Same Here !!! Have a Great Weekend!!!

Mary

WDWPsychoALice
05-30-2004, 04:28 PM
FMF Corpsmans (Navy) girlfriend here!

pokiemomo181
05-30-2004, 06:58 PM
Husband was Navy, and both son's are Air Force.

Pokie

poohbear1029
05-31-2004, 11:58 AM
DH is a Civil Engineer with USAF...actually right now his current assignment is ROTC instructor. Both our marriage and time in USAF will be 10 years this October! WOO HOO!!

We have been "lucky" --- have not moved around much. Will not help DH to make General, but we have made the choices which have been best for the two of us.....very difficult to do in the military.

Only planned on the 4 years to fulfill his scholarship commitment....you military spouses know the rest....they get the "bug" and need to stay!

two4ruff
05-31-2004, 01:30 PM
My DH is a USAF IDMT/Paramedic. Been in for 17 years now. He's currently serving a one-year unaccompanied. (51 weeks to go :rolleyes: )

My dad was a 30 year USAF B52 pilot.

remyandhollandsmommy
05-31-2004, 01:37 PM
DH is Air Force TACP. So far its been two years, but he wants a few more enlistments before leaving the military. He's headed to Iraq in less than two weeks for a minimum of 6 mos. :(

My dad is still in the Navy after 25 yrs and will probably stay in until they kick him out. He's in Spain right now married to wife #5.:rolleyes:

Trinity721
06-05-2004, 01:24 AM
DH is in the Navy about to go on deployment on Monday, to the Mediterrenean and Persian Gulf. FIL was in the Marines, a Vietnam Vet and two time Purple Heart recipient.

buzz&woody'smom
06-09-2004, 05:12 PM
We are a Marine family. DH has been a Marine Officer for 18 years. Just heard yesterday he is deploying again first of the year. Just found you all (your community). I live in a HUGE military town but nice to know you all are here as well.

Tare care
B&W Mom

lovemygoofy
06-10-2004, 10:40 AM
Army wife of 18 months here and already managed a year deployment to the great sandbox of Iraq. Please contact me if you need help with deployment issues or need ideas of what you should send in goody boxes to your loved ones. I didn't know anything about the army when my DH left but learned very quickly. Hang in there to you families that are deploying. You have the strength and courage to face this. I promise :)

Tina

buzz&woody'smom
06-10-2004, 10:45 AM
Thanks so much. This is not our first deployment or war so we are set in the area of knowing what to send and to take but the support would be greatly appeciated :earsgirl: Best to you and your family!!!

dizneycc
06-12-2004, 09:31 PM
DH is active duty Navy. We already have two deployments under our belt. Thankfully, he is on shore duty right now.

:D

buzz&woody'smom
06-13-2004, 11:05 AM
Sorry your DH has 2 deployments. I usually feel worse for Navy wives than Marine or Amry wives during peace time since Navy ships go on deployments every 6 months but with Marine deployments they are on land, usually hostile which sucks since they are right there. A deployment is a deployment and all around they suck and are hard. CNN is in your face all of the time, even if you turn it off at home, the doctor's office, eating out etc. Many time my boys will catch a Marine on TV and think it is their Daddy and I get their attention away very quickly since it is usually someone hurt, dead or in gun battle. I have always tried really hard to keep their attention elsewhere. This next deployment will hard since it is back on land to Iraq again and my oldest has clue since we live in a huge Marine town. I pray the region stabilizes some. Good luck to you!

caseywirth
06-13-2004, 11:29 PM
MY husband retired from the Navy last year after 23 years.

buzz&woody'smom
06-14-2004, 02:56 PM
Thank him for his service for us and our country!!! I am from SC and went to USC. Where you do live there? We transferred from San Diego back to the East Coast (NC) recently.

Take care :wave:

Mom B
06-16-2004, 10:47 PM
What a cool thread! I just found this board and think it's wonderful to have a place for military families to share.

We're "new" military, I guess. DS, 19, just completed Air Force basic training in May and is still hanging around the base waiting to get into his tech training. So I can't complain; it will be a while before he gets into any serious situations, I hope.

Ever since we went down to his graduation, though, we've been spending time thinking about all the military "history" in the family, from his two grandpas (one Army, one Navy, Korea) to his great grandpa (Army WWI) and all the uncles, great uncles, aunts, etc. (his dad was Army ROTC in college but dropped out of school to get married and support a family). DH has all the relatives searching for pictures of them in uniform to do a sort of photo collage...so I guess we're not all that "new" to the military after all, if you look at it that way.::yes::

Otto's Doll
06-16-2004, 10:54 PM
Welcome, Mom B.
My Dh has been in the Air Force/Air National Guard for over 20 years. God bless your son!

Mom B
06-16-2004, 11:04 PM
Thanks so much, Otto's Doll! Best wishes to your hubby too. 20 years is a very long time. I really admire him for being out there for the rest of us all that time. By the way, my son went in with the "intention" of going "career"; we'll see how he feels after the first 4 years are up.

:wave2:

Hollyann
06-17-2004, 12:48 PM
My father served 31 years in the Navy (Korea & Vietnam). I have one brother retired from the Army, two brothers retired from the Navy, a brother-in-law who is also retired navy. My twin brother and I both served in the Marines.

My husband recently retired after 34.5 years in the Navy (Vietnam & Gulf War I) and we had two sons in the Marines (one a Somalia vet) and a daughter in the Navy.

Our prayers are with all the brave souls currently serving - and those past veterans.

Have a great day!

RickNWendy
06-19-2004, 01:11 PM
AF Pilot!

Franco56
06-20-2004, 02:02 PM
100% Disabled Vietnam Veteran here! Started out with 1st Division (Big Red One) 11B10 Infantry, ended up with 9th Division 50th Infantry LRRP. Lots of combat and lots of pride in being and American!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

powellrj
06-20-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Franco56
100% Disabled Vietnam Veteran here! Started out with 1st Division (Big Red One) 11B10 Infantry, ended up with 9th Division 50th Infantry LRRP. Lots of combat and lots of pride in being and American!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

My DS is with the 1st Infanty (big red one too!)1st Batt. 6th field artillery currently in Iraq, welcome to the Dis!

Pixie1
06-20-2004, 09:19 PM
My DH has spent 21 years in the Army National Guard. He was activated March 15, 2003 for duty in Iraq. Hopefully he will be home in July.

Otto's Doll
06-20-2004, 09:21 PM
Welcome to our new people, and may God bless you all! We hope to see you posting here a lot. :wave:

parmtoo
06-21-2004, 09:51 AM
Army wife here..............DH has been in for 14 years. We are currently in Ft. Drum NY. Thank God he's not deployed right now, but I'm sure this won't last long.............:confused:

skoi
06-24-2004, 08:41 PM
DH is in the Naval Reserve-- joined after 9/11 in his mid thirties. He wanted to go active duty but is too old and has a career field (social worker) not much in demand in the active military. Instead, he's looking into civilian jobs serving the military in his field. We hope that works out because he regrets not going in active earlier, when he could have had a career.

I also have 2 nephews in the Army, one with the 1st Cav in Iraq, the other does something weird in Dahlonaga (I know I spelled that wrong) GA.

Thanks to all who serve/have served.
Julie

Beastlover
06-28-2004, 10:12 AM
I have a Son In Law just getting ready to go overseas--not sure where yet. Army Ranger (communications, I think). Great to find the boards, DD is beside herself, trying to take care of things for the both of them. They just got married on 6/26. He left for Washington 6/27.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
God Bless!

remyandhollandsmommy
06-29-2004, 09:52 PM
parmtoo..
my DH and I are at FT Drum as well! I guess it really is a small world. You're lucky he isn't deployed though. My DH left on the 13th for a minimum of 6mos to Iraq. Good Luck on keeping your DH home!;)

TBLaube
06-30-2004, 02:05 AM
I am a Hospital Corpsman in the NAVY getting ready to deploy on a ship for 8 months. I am ready to go, but will miss my two boys ages 3 and 8!
We are taking a trip to WDW for two weeks in August before I leave so they can have some really fun memories before Mommy leaves.

Hollyann
06-30-2004, 11:01 AM
Good luck with your deployment and your trip to WDW. God Bless you and yours for (all of you!) for your dedication to our Nation!

jpd3
07-13-2004, 03:23 PM
I'm a US Navy SH-60B Helicopter Pilot. I've been in for 10 years with an additional 4 at the Naval Academy. I am unfortunately forced right now to fly a desk at the Bureau of Naval Personnel in Millington, TN. I'll be leaving here in a few months to return to a helo squadron and get back in the fight.

caero
07-15-2004, 08:03 AM
We are in Pensacola as I said at the beginning. Lots of Military here:)

Brooklyn
07-15-2004, 05:09 PM
I am a Marine Corps wife.

-Stephanie

ginna74
07-19-2004, 07:24 PM
I and my husband are Navy Veterans. He was in for 10 years and was in the gulf war. After that he was in the Guard. We are in the process of trying to change his RE Code so he can get back in. He was on Med Hold for the longest time and was forced out after he was found fit for duty. He has a honorable dishcharge and was able to get into the guard after. The recruiter has said that he got a person's RE code changed and drugs were involved. Now hubby wasn't bad in any way and was honorable so he said there is a good chance of him getting back in (but that is his opinion of course lol)

Oh he was on four ships out of san diego and he had shore duty for like 2 years

I was in the first female company at Great Lakes naval recruiting station in jully of 94. That is my only claim to fame lol. Had the chance of being orlandos last or Great Lakes first. I believe it was very um ..... not lienient but sense it was all new... well ok it might have been just a little.... it was history we were all told... over and over again lol...

after I went to naval station 32nd street in San Diego then ACU5 at Camp Pendleton which I REALLY liked.

I want to go back to san diego sooo bad!

Horizons16
07-23-2004, 02:04 PM
Army, Marines, and Air Force buddy here.

I have a friend in Basic right now for the Army
Another friend going to be a Marine medic
and I know a guy in the USAF.

Both my Grandfathers were in the Korean War. Air Force and Army. Very proud of them.

BibbidiBobbidiBOO
07-31-2004, 02:02 PM
I might as well join in. DH was active duty over 10 years. DS was born in Germany a week before he got home from Desert Storm. He was a reservist the past 9 years. As of this past week, he was activated and left for VA for mobilization with Iraq his next destination. Should be 12 long months. :( He will get a 2 week leave in this staff position. He was "picked" from a list of Lt. Cols to fill a slot. Lucky us. :worried:

GBsMom
08-02-2004, 11:28 PM
Hello,

I am glad to hear all the people going to WDW for the memories.

I don't think people understand how important memories are,

I always hope my children remember all the fun we have and

making the best of the trips we go on instead of all the deployments, tdy's and training schedules. Thank God for Disney.

Active Duty Air Force female for 15 years and counting

classicpooh4
04-25-2005, 10:33 PM
Air Force Reserve here. My dh is active has 8.5 years until he retires. He's SF, I'm Information Management

casndan
04-28-2005, 10:38 PM
I'm an Army Wife of almost 2 years now...I was AGR with the NC National Guard before I got married, my hubby is currently at Camp Hovey, South Korea for an 18 month hardship tour, he's a Scout...any other Scout Wives out there? BTW....Buzz and Woodys mom, we're neighbors, I'm living in Wilmington while my hubby is gone....How JVille treating you? :rotfl2:

Meezers
04-29-2005, 12:23 AM
Army veteran of the cold war.

Army spouse for 11 years....so military for 15 years total.

Now divorced and working for the para-military police types!

I know what they do in Dahlonaga, Georgia....ranger training! I used to train them (yes I am a female type..this was when I was a civilian)...rapelling down rocks...face first...ah...my crazy days!

Thinking of all our service members...and I consider spouses as serving our country...sometimes their job is even harder!

PrincessaC
04-29-2005, 12:50 AM
Grew up a military brat (father was in AF) and DH is active air national guard currently deployed.

And looky looky looky...he'll be home on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

BuckNaked
04-29-2005, 07:51 AM
I'm currently active duty AF (just over 18 years), stationed in Washington DC. DH retired from active duty AF last November, after 20 years.

Alice28
04-29-2005, 10:17 AM
DH was in the USMC reserves for 8 years (San Bruno, CA). He switched to the OR Army Nat'l Guard in 1994. He is currently serving an 18 month tour in Iraq...we're about halfway through. :cool1:

Rafiki Rafiki Rafiki
05-05-2005, 01:35 PM
Air Force Major's wife here...retirement in 2006...yipppeee!

DaisyDebbie
05-05-2005, 05:23 PM
So where ya moving to after retirement????? :sunny:

SeeDisney
05-06-2005, 05:21 PM
Mh DH is a retired US Navy Officer, he retired almost six years ago. I still go to the commissary once in a while for meat bulk shopping and veggies and fruit produce -- they have the best prices in town.

We also use the the nearby military base for our medical check-ups.

Have a good day.

lyeag
05-06-2005, 07:51 PM
My dh is an Army Captain. I am prior Navy, and my late husband was a Marine. (We met in Okinawa).

Doodlebug939
05-21-2005, 12:55 PM
I am a military wife down here in New Orleans. My husband is Active Duty Navy for 15 years. We have been married for 12 years. He is looking forward to retirement in 5 years and actually owning a home that we wont have to leave. (Where ever that home may be) :love2:

JohnsPrincess
05-22-2005, 11:13 AM
Well...I'm sure I replied on here at some point...but I don't feel like scrolling back through the pages. My FH and I are both currently in the AF reserves. We were both on active status at SOCOM in Tampa...but decided to take jobs over here in Kuwait. He has his packet in for the Army as an officer. So, we'll see how that goes.