PDA

View Full Version : Theme Park View at GC

kincal
07-03-2001, 04:26 PM
OK

I just made a reservation for a three day/two night stay at GC. I reserved a theme park view for our stay. Am I correct that this means we will be able to see DCA from the room? Will we also see the pool? Any suggestions on specific room requests?

My DD is so excited - DH is less so but is a real trooper about my Disney obsession.

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions.

:D

LuvTigger
07-03-2001, 06:58 PM
Congrats on your upcoming trip! I'll be going to GC for the first time in October (theme-park view as well), and the only request I could think of was an upper floor view.

I've seen layouts of the hotel, and it looks like some rooms may also overlook the pool, but not all. Take a look at the DL trip reports board, someone posted a really great view from a room overlooking the pool with the Sun Wheel in the background (I think his name was George?).

If you want to be more specific in your request, you may want to request a view of Grizzly Peak (?-I think that's what it's called) or Paradise Pier, if one of those particularly appeals to you.

There are some pretty good pictures of GC on www.mouseplanet.com

At one time, someone had posted a link to a pretty specific map of GC, but I don't know if it's still here.

Happy planning!

danicaw
07-05-2001, 10:48 AM
We stayed for our anniversary in March and had a nice view of Paradise Pier.

I have a short trip report and some photos here...
http://www.thatswright.com/DCA/index.htm

Have a great trip.

TigerBear
07-05-2001, 11:22 AM
danicaw,

Your pictures are wonderful! You should put a link to them on the trip report board. Thanks for sharing!

Mary Jo
07-05-2001, 12:24 PM
<font color=navy>kincal,

I went to the hotel just so I could tell you if there are rooms with pool and themepark view (any little excuse ;) ) -- Yes, there are rooms with both views of the room and the park - I'd ask for something on the 5th floor, maybe 4th, too, if possible.... but, wouldn't ya know I forgot to check room numbers... :o Guess I'll just have to go back. :smooth:

btw - I got pics of the view from the hotel, but then my digital camera all of a sudden stopped working -- major yikes :earseek:

kincal
07-05-2001, 12:51 PM
Thanks for all of your responses!

Now I have another question - who do I call/fax/email (which one?) with a request? How far in advance should I make the request? Do I just wait until I check in and ask if they have something?

We are going in about one month. I keep telling myself to stop worrying about this too much and to just go and enjoy, but I really would like to have a nice view.

Again, many thanks.

:D

TigerBear
07-05-2001, 02:20 PM
LOL MaryJo! :p :p :p

lucky1
07-05-2001, 05:40 PM
We had a 2nd floor room over the health spa that overlooked Grizzly Peak. It was great. No trees blocking view.
Some rooms will overlook Paradise Peer and some overlook both the pool and Paradise Peer.

Some rooms are directly over Downtown Disney, are these considered a park view?

SteveH
07-05-2001, 11:24 PM
Not that its a downside, we loved the view, but some of the park view rooms can be a bit loud. We over looked Grizzly Peak and could hear the water rushing all the time and the roar of the crowds. Again we liked the sound, but I know somebody had said they had a hard time falling asleep.