PDA

View Full Version : Reasons not to stay at BWV as listed by CAROLMN

pmcpmc
05-13-2004, 01:47 PM
Hmmmmm. I think I will add bedbugs to the list of reasons why BWV is not a good place to stay. I can bring it up again right before I need to make my next "hard to get" standard view or Boardwalk view reservation and thereby decrease the competiton.

Ok. Let's review the list.

Bedbugs.
Exeptionally looooooooooong hallways.
Looong walks to parking.
Scary Clown slide.
Noisy.
Bad views if you don't get Boardwalk view.
Teeeny, tiny rooms.
Bad housekeeping.
Self - Parking lots always full.
Nasty, rude CMs
Long waits for the bus. Crowded buses. Poor bus service.
thieving birds

There must be more! Please! Somebody help me out!

Tiggeriffic
05-13-2004, 02:43 PM
Easy access to stores causes extra shopping - therefore more money spent.

Convenient restaurant choices leads to less cooking and more eating out - therefore more money spent.

All that entertainment leads to later nights making it harder to get up early in the morning for those early entry days.

Credit Man
05-13-2004, 02:45 PM
Having the best pool slide on property causes undo wear to bathing suit bottoms!

princess&tig
05-13-2004, 02:48 PM
I am not seeing what you are seeing. Your negitives are way overblown. Lets start with the 3 most important things with hotels.

It is a beautiful resort with great theming
The BW is great (get out of your room a awhile)
Great restaurants - ESPN - Cheap, great food, entertainment
Comunity hall is nice
CM are not that bad...maybe you talk to much
Valet parking is great
Good shoping
Good nightlife - clubs
I love the standard view - great for illuminations
great workout place
you can walk to MGM too
The bakery is good for breakfast

I could go on for a while. All I am saying is that the positives outway any negitives. I own at SSR and BCV but BWV is my favorite. A few bugs never hurt anyone zzzzzzzz (just like bugs life)...
I think the report is charming!!

pumpkinboy
05-13-2004, 03:07 PM
Oooh yes, I like this idea. Hmmm, :scratchin what else can I add?

No direct buses to Epcot or MGM :p You have to walk or take a boat.

Oh, and there's all that maintenence work they do, which might inconvenience you at some point.

Kids having fun in the pool and all sorts of people having fun on the Boardwalk might make noise, so you room could be noisy if you have any windows or doors open. Plus there are some rooms that overlook fireworks displays which can also be noisy.

Just a thought :teeth:

and princess&tig: you may want to listen to these comments again and notice how hard it is for us to talk with tongue in cheek. ;) Best leave out those positives or we'll continue to have too much competition to get our beloved standard view units

rocketriter
05-13-2004, 03:18 PM
But, gee, I love bedbugs! The more the merrier! I think I'll bring my whole extended family and book up all the rooms...
:crazy:

trishy
05-13-2004, 03:39 PM
The 'roomy' kitchen area encourages cooking while on vacation.
yet,
The proximity to Flying Fish encourages too much spending on yummy dinners. :hyper:

chainkid
05-13-2004, 03:47 PM
Don't forget that someone spotted the Geico lizard or a lookalike in the washing machine. Gotta maintain stardards about who you hang with.

Since I usually book the grand villas every other year, I should warn you that you can't cook in that kitchen simply tooooo small. I have got around this small inconvenience by having all my meals catered. This is an expensive option so if you have an all star budget BWV are not for you.

If you are at all paraniod this isn't a good location for you. The birds here stand or fly around just waiting for you to purchase their lunch and then swoop in and rudely take it from you. Not once have they bought my lunch.

Alo if you happen to get a Boardwalk view don't take it, the noise is unbelievable especially late at night when that awful club Jellyrolls empties out. If you like living in a carnival then this place is for you. LOUD LOUD LOUD not LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

MAC3
05-13-2004, 04:17 PM
You forgot about the trash in the hallways.:teeth:

pmcpmc
05-13-2004, 04:29 PM
the seats at the pool bar are too high,
the hot tub attracts too many people,
no parking outside the rooms,
the interior bar serves breakfast to early,
the views of the swan and dolphin and the tower of terror cause people to faint.

crisi
05-13-2004, 04:33 PM
Oh, I have one....

The ugliest shower curtain of any Disney resort!

Granny
05-13-2004, 05:02 PM
Well, there are those greedy CM's who work valet parking who don't seem nearly thankful enough to be tipped both ways!

And of course, all the maids there keep their tips instead of chasing you down to give it back to you.

The Friendship boats only come around every two hours or so...which is a little better than the buses. :eek:

Walking to two theme parks is so overrated!!

Not only are the rooms tiny, but someone measured the walls and found out they are 1/1000th of an inch thinner than other DVC resorts, making BWV by far the noisiest DVC resort! ::yes::

BWVDee
05-13-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by crisi
Oh, I have one....

The ugliest shower curtain of any Disney resort!
:) LOL! I forgot about that little gem!! Very good memory!!! :)

BWVDee
05-13-2004, 05:20 PM
I just thought of another one.......
Dirty balconies.

Kewz1
05-13-2004, 05:52 PM
The close proximity of the bakery is horrible.

The pastries go right to your waistline.

Of course, the loooooooong walk down the hallways helps a bit but then you are just hungry again. So, back down to the boardwalk you go just to fill up on the yummy food at Spoodles, ESPN, or Flying Fish.

And did I mention the walk to Epcot?? How I hate entering through the back gate and having such close proximity to my favorite park.

That's it. I'm selling my points. :p

Kristen :earsgirl:

Dh just reminded me how much he hates watching Illuminations from the balcony. Now that really rankles.

OneMoreTry
05-13-2004, 05:58 PM
No MK view.

Glad to be of help.

BWVDee
05-13-2004, 06:07 PM
I think we need a correction to the list.
Not only are BWV rooms teeny, tiny they are also "useless". LOL!!
We certainly can not forget how you can: sit on a BWV balcony, clean the villa with 1 paper towel and get a beer out of the refrigerator--all at the same time! Or some other such nonsense was posted along these lines, but the general meaning was you can definitely multi task in the teeny, tiny, useless, BWVs. That is you can multi task in your useless villa, after you have walked your 1/3 marathon, dodged the trash and litter in the long hallways, avoided the slobs and trashy guests and had the daylights scared out of you by viewing the evil and sinister clown slide.

Cruelladeville
05-13-2004, 06:14 PM
In the one bedroom, you don't even Get a shower curtain--so obviously, you are overpaying your points compared to the rooms that Do get shower curtains.
Don't forget that awful cold air conditioning, which is such a bother, especially in the summer. You actually have to walk allllllllll the way down the hallways bathed in it, which increases your exposure to flurocarbons.
Also, there's that sun, which just gives you skin cancer along with a tanline, and there is no covered walkway to MGM or Epcot to protect you from the exposure.

Your standard view rooms are safe from me, but I want a boardwalk view, so this thread helps me, too! :teeth:

MickeyCrazed
05-13-2004, 06:22 PM
Every room location is noisy:

1. Boardwalk view = noise from carnival games, Jellyrolls, ESPN and noisy tourists
2. Standard view = noise from busses, valet and other vehicles
3. Pool View = constant noise from happy familes until really late in the evening
4. Swan and Dolphin view = tooting of horns by those awful Friendship boats as they prepare to go under the bridge.

I much prefer the quiet views at Old Key West!

Zurg
05-13-2004, 06:32 PM
The CMs at Community Hall are all jerks 'casue they learned our names and are saying Hi! to us all the time. Same with the front desk and bell services.

The kids fishing trips are so unpopular that they aren't crowded and I have to go along and fish too (and can't use the too tall bar stools!)

There are no signs telling you to duck out the stairs at the end of the loooong hall to take a short cut to MGM or community hall.

The juggler takes breaks.

So just remember book your points some place else then I can complain about not having to call day by day to get resies....

pmcpmc
05-13-2004, 06:55 PM
the bus service that we pay for but we are the last on the bus.

paults
05-13-2004, 07:05 PM
Reasons not to stay at BWV as listed by CAROLMN

#101 now that the smoking rooms are WAY DOWN the looong haaall waaay by the tennnnnis coooourts ( boy I got tired just saying that, imagine walking that far:crazy: ) I just refuse to stay there anymore. Maybe go to OKW where there's free parking and fresh air.:eek: :eek:

I have to agree about the BW noise, unless you're on the 6th or 7th floor you can still hear those loud people below.:chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat:

pmcpmc
05-13-2004, 07:10 PM
We did see a Large bug run out from under one of the suit cases. My DD's freaked out and we called the front desk - they sent pest control but said there wasn't much they could do unless they knew what it was. We got the crawlies for awhile but relaxed later and never saw the bug again. We could see why there were bugs - our neighbors slept with their patio doors open all night.

BWVDee
05-13-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by paults
Reasons not to stay at BWV as listed by CAROLMN

#101 now that the smoking rooms are WAY DOWN the looong haaall waaay by the tennnnnis coooourts ( boy I got tired just saying that, imagine walking that far:crazy: ) I just refuse to stay there anymore. Maybe go to OKW where there's free parking and fresh air.:eek: :eek:

I have to agree about the BW noise, unless you're on the 6th or 7th floor you can still hear those loud people below.:chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat:
Oh I forgot all about the smoking rooms being moved! That is a good one Paul!!! Now all the rooms at BWV with the good views are going to be a smoking problem. Because the people that want the view and are also smokers will now smoke on their balcony, as instructed to and completely allowed by Disney. So now there will not be a balcony with a good view to be had, that will be free from the immediate life threathening and far, far reaching effects of someone smoking on their balcony. This will be especially bad on the boardwalk view balconies--so definitely avoid them at ALL costs!!::yes::

pmcpmc
05-13-2004, 07:19 PM
First the bad:

Arrived late so check in was no problem. Got a 1BDR dedicated, standard view, room 3002. This is the very last room in the hallway from hell (very long hallway). It is right next to a member room called The Attic (I bet many of you do not even know of this room). When the bellman came with our luggage, I asked him what the Attic was. He told me that it was a very nice member lounge room, but it was so far away from anything, that BWV closed it down because no members would ever walk this far to visit it!!!! Lucky us, we get to spend the next 9 days walking to The Attic. The room was OK (remember, I had never seen a DVC room in person before), but to be honest I was disappointed. After months of reading great posts on these boards about the luxury of DVC rooms, and the fact that it was tied to a Deluxe Hotel, I was really expecting a nicer room. We were missing a lot of things; all the coffee supplies, sponge and soap, some utensils. Also, the bathroom sink stopper was broken, called and asked them to fix it, which they did. While they were there, I started the tub (in the other bathroom) to give the kids a bath, and when I turned on the jacuzzi, water went flying everwhere!!! Engineering came in and said that all of the pressure valves were not working properly, so he fixed that too. Then I spent the next 30 minutes soaking up water. 2 of the 4 burners on the stove didn't work, the fridge was broken (but the freezer worked), stains on the countertops, several lights were burnt out, and to top it off, when my son opened the door to go on the balcony, the valance cover fell off and hit him in the head!! Not a good start to our first DVC visit!!!! The biggest thing that really got us though was no "Welcome Home's" from anyone. Now I know this may seem silly, but we have seen that DVC video so many times (you know the one that shows a greeter saying Welcome Home to everyone) that we were really looking forward to it. The Bus service to Animal Kingdom was terrible, and MK wasn't much better. When we stayed offsite, I was able to get there quicker using the hotel bus (non-Disney

pmcpmc
05-13-2004, 07:25 PM
There were a few issues with the bathroom (a loose door knob, mold in the shower and a toilet that didn't fill up enough so that it would flush).

pmcpmc
05-13-2004, 07:30 PM
The only negative with this room was the noise (I suppose each room has some type of noise). It seemed like there was ALWAYS some type of bus parked and running outside the valet area. I am guessing these were for the Conventioneers at the Boardwalk Inn. We never heard the Disney busses (as they are further away). And, every nite between 1-2 AM (when ESPN and JellyRolls close), we could hear revelers returning to their parked cars in the lots. The sidewalk isn’t far from the balconies here and I woke up almost nightly to the sounds of people laughing and talking. Not a big deal, as I fell immediately back to sleep, but wanted to post if this would be bothersome to someone else. We, however, did not have the AC going (the weather was just too nice). I think with the AC running, the white noise may have kept the noise level down - our doors were shut at nite). Next time I’d like to try something way further down from the elevators. I think it would be less noisy. Our children are bigger now and the walk won’t bother us.

pmcpmc
05-13-2004, 07:33 PM
The MS guy was not very nice (no welcome home) but he gave a room at 9 AM. How hard is it to say “Welcome Home

CarolMN
05-13-2004, 07:36 PM
I just love this thread. It's the first time my name has appeared in the subject of a DIS thread! I must finally really belong! Hurray! Thanks for starting it, pmcpmc and thanks to all who replied and will reply. It's good to laugh!

OK. What number reason are we up to, anyway?

Did anyone mention the ducks? I know they swim in the pools at night (and probably do other things there, too ;) ::yes:: ). In the early mornings, they waddle up to the first floor patios and quack a lot. Very annoying!

And even though you can walk to EPCOT, it isn't safe to walk. If the crazy people on the surrey bikes don't get you, the Alfred Hitchcock seasgulls surely will!

:p :p

pmcpmc
05-13-2004, 07:36 PM
Cons-
Noise in the mornings from power washing and at night for a bit from bar crowd coming home.
Bus system Coming back from parks, too many stops.

pmcpmc
05-13-2004, 07:41 PM
There was some checking going on of the housekeeping work as a supervisor came in the room when I was there - she did not kock - no damage done as I was still decent - she apologised and turned to leave and I said it was ok to check around.

tiggerguy2000
05-13-2004, 08:22 PM
Im jumping on the bandwagon on the resort we stayed 3 times in 2 years .
1) Again location! location! location!
2)The Boardwalk is just steps away
3)DVC Game room is great and free
4) You can see MGM and Epcot from resort
5)Way to easy to leave the parks and come back later
6)The Kiester AKA Clown slide is awesome and our favorite pool to hang around and have fun
I could go on and on but why it's great we know it's top dog as resorts go.
The only drawback is yes getting a Boardwalk view or the standard rooms is common but who cares.I like the pool view rooms and the bottom floor rooms make it easy to hang out at the pool and get something from the kitchen when you hear COME AND GET-IT.
But then that's only the view from the tiggerguy2000:rockband: :space: :thewave:

pmcpmc
05-13-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by tiggerguy2000
Im jumping on the bandwagon on the resort we stayed 3 times in 2 years .
1) Again location! location! location!( poor location)
2)The Boardwalk is just steps away(too noisey)
3)DVC Game room is great and free(too many long haired teenagers)
4) You can see MGM and Epcot from resort(need binoculars)
5)Way to easy to leave the parks and come back later(on the poor boat service)
6)The Kiester AKA Clown slide is awesome and our favorite pool to hang around and have fun(frightens the kids)
I could go on and on but why we know it's a dog's resort.
But then that's only the view from the tiggerguy2000:rockband: :space: :thewave:

Scrufsmom
05-13-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by pumpkinboy
No direct buses to Epcot or MGM :p You have to walk or take a boat.

I don't get it.....you want to take a bus? So lets get this straight.....you don't want to walk, but once you get there you are walking! You don't want to take the boat? Sit back relax (thats why you are at WDW) enjoy the scenery!

wdwdvcdad
05-13-2004, 08:38 PM
Won't have the pleasure of engaging in a lovely happy conversation with either Pa@okw or Richyams by the pool.

Sammie
05-13-2004, 09:11 PM
Might run into wdwdvcdad and his special brand of sarcasm, :)

zurgswife
05-13-2004, 09:32 PM
Bedbugs.
Exeptionally looooooooooong hallways.
Looong walks to parking.
Scary Clown slide.
Noisy.
Bad views if you don't get Boardwalk view.
Teeeny, tiny rooms.
Bad housekeeping.
Self - Parking lots always full.
Nasty, rude CMs
Long waits for the bus. Crowded buses. Poor bus service.
thieving birds

There must be more! Please! Somebody help me out!

OK....I love BWV haven't ever stayed any where else....

BedBugs...OK could really do without getting these little visitors during any trip...lucky haven't had any

Exceptionally Looooooooong hallways. My rooms have always been on the MGM side...so it makes for a great short cut to MGM down the back stairs....otherwise don't really notice

scary clown Slide ugly yes....scary not really

Noisy. only if you get one of those aweful Boardwalk views

Bad views if you don't get Boardwalk view. I only get Standard view and I have loved ALL my views (inlcuding the driveway...love watching people) well except that time I paid to stay at BWV and got a boardwalk view...very loud

Teeeny, tiny rooms. I've only stayed at BWV so can't compare to other DVC resorts...but it sure as hell beats 2 rooms at CBR, or a FW Cabin.

Bad housekeeping. I've always had excellent housekeeping...

Self - Parking lots always full. I've had a car at almost every time of year and while the parking lot can get crowded, I've never had to spend more then about 1 min. trying to find a spot...even at Christmas.

Nasty, rude CMs the reason I don't every want to stay anywhere else are the bonds that my family has formed with many of the CM's at BWV...I think the BWV CM's are the best.

Long waits for the bus. Crowded buses. Poor bus service. OK got to give ya the bus one...the bus situations has been difficult some times....

thieving birds fortunately I've never been a victim

BWVDee
05-13-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Sammie
Oh, I don't know about that............
On 1 count, he, (wdwdvcdad) has a very valid point, as far as we are concerned. ::yes::

Disney Doc
05-13-2004, 10:13 PM
Two more...

* same noisy fireworks outside the window EVERY NIGHT!

** keep running into people who don't understand the original intent of this post:confused:

wdwdvcdad
05-13-2004, 10:14 PM

I'm such a nice guy, I'd even buy you a drink, Sammie!;)

wdwdvcdad
05-13-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by zurgswife
OK....I love BWV haven't ever stayed any where else....

BedBugs...OK could really do without getting these little visitors during any trip...lucky haven't had any

Exceptionally Looooooooong hallways. My rooms have always been on the MGM side...so it makes for a great short cut to MGM down the back stairs....otherwise don't really notice

scary clown Slide ugly yes....scary not really

Noisy. only if you get one of those aweful Boardwalk views

Bad views if you don't get Boardwalk view. I only get Standard view and I have loved ALL my views (inlcuding the driveway...love watching people) well except that time I paid to stay at BWV and got a boardwalk view...very loud

Teeeny, tiny rooms. I've only stayed at BWV so can't compare to other DVC resorts...but it sure as hell beats 2 rooms at CBR, or a FW Cabin.

Bad housekeeping. I've always had excellent housekeeping...

Self - Parking lots always full. I've had a car at almost every time of year and while the parking lot can get crowded, I've never had to spend more then about 1 min. trying to find a spot...even at Christmas.

Nasty, rude CMs the reason I don't every want to stay anywhere else are the bonds that my family has formed with many of the CM's at BWV...I think the BWV CM's are the best.

Long waits for the bus. Crowded buses. Poor bus service. OK got to give ya the bus one...the bus situations has been difficult some times....

thieving birds fortunately I've never been a victim

pssstt...shhhh...between you & me, I think the OP was actually being sarcastic...he actually likes the BWV & was 1. teasing those who don't & 2. trying to disuade (with his tongue planted firmly within his cheek) people from booking there, so there would be rooms available when he wanted to book.:D

BWVDee
05-13-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Disney Doc
SNIP..........

** keep running into people who don't understand the original intent of this post:confused:
But the funny thing is.....I can't figure out the OP's original intent now, after reading subsequent posts! :confused:

Boardwalk III
05-13-2004, 10:36 PM
How about that incessant music that you hear over and over and over?:D (whenever my two boys, who are now both teens, hear that type of music, they say that they wish they were at the Boardwalk at that very moment!)

I think some people have missed the point of this thread but that only helps us BWV lovers!

hkp
05-13-2004, 10:55 PM
I went to Disney World for the first time over Easter on a family gettogether (my sister, her husband, and their 1, 3, and 4 year-olds). We got a 2-bedroom suite on the 5th floor (5073-75, I think) right next to the elevators. The view was over the main entrance but we had no problems with noise whatsoever. After reading other peoples' comments, I think I'll ask for proximity to elevators instead of a nicer view next time. The staff made a couple of mistakes that I had not expected at the price (one breakfast was more than an hour late and I had to buy park tickets twice because a Guest Services attendant at the Magic Kingdom was not properly informed), but they made up for it nicely. They also left us a large gift basket in the room with a note of apology, which was a nice touch.

Overall, the trip was so wonderful that we plan to make it a family tradition (my sisters live in Denmark so it is convenient to meet midway for vacations). It was very nice to be so close to the Boardwalk, especially with young kids, and the room service was very convenient for the same reason.

I am looking into getting a DVC membership for a 2 or 3 bedroom at SS, but I really can't imagine going anywhere but BWV now we've tried it.

Anyway, just wanted to pitch in - hope this will help other people considering going to BWV :).

Sammie
05-13-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by BWVDee
But the funny thing is.....I can't figure out the OP's original intent now, after reading subsequent posts! :confused:

Well that would be due to the fact that one man's joy is another man's agony. :)

BWVDee
05-13-2004, 11:16 PM
Well that would be due to the fact that one man's joy is another man's agony. :)
Nope, just meant that the OP seems to be flip flopping as to the orginal intent.
:thewave:

bjakmom
05-13-2004, 11:34 PM
. . . DS loved Community Hall so much that he left me alone in the quiet pool and hot tub while he played games - really cut back on our cherished mother/son quality time (and forced me to spend time reading magazines!)!

. . . watching the boardwalk "come alive" in the morning from a boardwalk view balcony makes it practically impossible for me to jump into commando mode and make it to EMH on time !!

. . . sitting on forementioned balcony in the evening, watching Illuminations, Wishes and the people/shows below makes it practically impossible for me to get to bed early enough to get up in the morning to sit on the balcony again and watch the boardwalk "come alive" - the longer I'm there, the more impossible EMH becomes!!!

. . . points for standard view rooms make it harder to use my points up, causing need for more trips, causing trouble at home with DH !!!!

Wonderful bus service aside, the place is killing me !!!!!;) :smooth:

pmcpmc
05-14-2004, 03:08 AM
cancellations I managed to get two 2 bedrm std. rooms for October,thank you all

CRSNDSNY
05-14-2004, 07:27 AM
Funny thread.

BTW, I just hate getting stuck staying at BWV! ;)

carone0318
05-14-2004, 09:57 AM
The screaming unruly kids that run down those unGodly long hallway like banchis....

Next we know they will start banging on all those unfortunate people's doors and reak havoc everywhere.

Please do yourself a favor and don't stay at BWV, especially the upcoming dates of 3/9/05 - 3/13/05. Why punish yourself ;) !

chainkid
05-14-2004, 10:29 AM
Another thing I hate about having to stay at the Boardwalk is that my family and neighbors all have to come and we really prefer to vacation without these annoying people. When we stay at the absolute best DVC (regulars know of which one I speak) we are able to go alone and relax. We are not forced to choose what restaurant we want to go to...this causes all sorts of problems with family. With the large kitchen I can happily spend hours preparing meals for my hubby and me, amd then sit on the porch and watch the exciting sport of Golf right outside my villa. Now this is living.

I also hate the health club at the BWV as it reminds me daily that other people are in better shape then me...who needs to be reminded of this on vacation. VWL also has this annoying feature.

Secondly if you get a boardwalk view, you are constantly forced to look across the lake at the yacht and beach club resorts which are infinitely superior and wish you were staying there instead.

So my advice would be to think twice about staying here especially in early Dec when the DVCers are there in abundance. They frequently steal towels from the pool area because they don't get housekeeping services. Sometimes you can't find a good clean towel unless you steal one off a chair that they have reserved at 7AM and don't get back to use till 1. you don't have this problem at the best DVC because being alittle further from the pool it is not as convenient for them to go grab them.

Another thing to be aware of is that if you use the phone in your room you can get roomservice from all the great restaurants on the boardwalk...this can be very expensive if you are a lousy cook because when you check out you might find some surprises on your bill....my son ordered alot of things over 10 days.

Since this is my home resort I have to stay here frequently because I developed a bad condition upon joining DVC called pointitis. I'm up to 600points here and probably couldn't have stopped myself from adding more if they were available but you can still choose another path and a much better lodging option.

new_yawka
05-14-2004, 11:50 AM
All of this bantering is clearly mssing the point. BWV is a subpar resort and those who would even THINK of trying to get a BWV standard view room have not truly considered ALL of the wonderful value available from parking outside the door of your very own room at OKW...or even the splendid enjoyment of sitting by the SAB....or the pure beauty of the wooded vistas around WLV. Please people...think about it first...you'll realize the errors of your ways in considering BWV standard view...trust me it wouldn't be a real Disney vacation if you had to settle for BWV standard view.

BTW - with the list of terrible things about BWV...I am shocked noone has mentioned the most disturbing thing of all. One of the Foosball men at Community Hall is held on by duct tape...YES, duct tape I said. Don't subject yourself to such madness!

pmcpmc
05-14-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by new_yawka
All of this bantering is clearly mssing the point. BWV is a subpar resort and those who would even THINK of trying to get a BWV standard view room have not truly considered ALL of the wonderful value available from parking outside the door of your very own room at OKW...or even the splendid enjoyment of sitting by the SAB....or the pure beauty of the wooded vistas around WLV. Please people...think about it first...you'll realize the errors of your ways in considering BWV standard view...trust me it wouldn't be a real Disney vacation if you had to settle for BWV standard view.

BTW - with the list of terrible things about BWV...I am shocked noone has mentioned the most disturbing thing of all. One of the Foosball men at Community Hall is held on by duct tape...YES, duct tape I said. Don't subject yourself to such madness!
Thanks for the help in discouraging any remaining interested people.

new_yawka
05-14-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by pmcpmc
Thanks for the help in discouraging any remaining interested people.

Did it work? Did it work? YEH! ;)

BWVDee
05-14-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by new_yawka
Did it work? Did it work? YEH! ;)
It has not worked all the way yet. I called MS today and still no luck for one of those horrible, ghastly boardwalk view villas for an upcoming trip! :confused:

paults
05-14-2004, 06:11 PM
BTW - with the list of terrible things about BWV...I am shocked noone has mentioned the most disturbing thing of all. One of the Foosball men at Community Hall is held on by duct tape...YES, duct tape I said. Don't subject yourself to such madness

From what I heard they had to tape him down, HE WAS TRYING TO GET OUT OF THE BOARDWALK VILLAS AND DEFECT TO OKW FOR SOME PEACE AND QUIET AND MORE MONEY TO PLAY (oops ) sorry for shouting but with all this noise at BWV I just wanting to make sure everyone heard me.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

kathleena
05-15-2004, 08:14 AM
Well, after being confused, then seeing what was going on, then being confused, then figuring it out, then laughing hysterically about many of your creative thoughts (several of which have certainly floated through my head and I'm not mentioning about who........er.........what) ................ I find myself with not much to say except:

I can't imagine with all these downers why anyone in their right mind would want to ever stay at BWV. Those of you, like me, who are forced to stay there because you foolishly bought there, maybe we can meet by the pool bar, take a walk around the lake, ride the boat to Epcot, sit and watch the fireworks, or have morning coffee and pastries from the bakery one day and wallow in our misery.

bobbiwoz
05-15-2004, 08:35 AM
Forgive me, I can't wait for my first trip home to BWV, Dec. 19th. However, if someone says anything bad about the Christmas decorations, maybe I'll give up and change my mind. We have 5 standard rooms reserved, so go to it!

Bobbi:D

leanne2255
05-15-2004, 08:58 AM
Did anyone mention having to smell the awful aromas coming from the Boardwalk Bakery? ::yes::

wdwstar
05-15-2004, 09:29 AM
i will be staying there in 8 days, i will copy this list of all the reasons not to stay at the BWV and check each one out, and then i will post when i get back.

especially the bakery......

i do agree about the scary clown pool:teeth:

pmcpmc
05-15-2004, 02:56 PM
in how they decorate for christmas,I would rebook at vwl or buy a christmas tree and decorate OKW

5infam
05-15-2004, 04:32 PM
pmcpmc,

Thanks for putting up the first half of my first trip report (saved me the effort of coming up with ideas to add to this list). I'm glad that the add-on part wasn't there, now I shouldn't have any trouble with my next standard view ressie;)

BWVDee
05-15-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by kathleena
Well, after being confused, then seeing what was going on, then being confused, then figuring it out, then laughing hysterically about many of your creative thoughts (several of which have certainly floated through my head and I'm not mentioning about who........er.........what) ................ I find myself with not much to say except:

I can't imagine with all these downers why anyone in their right mind would want to ever stay at BWV. Those of you, like me, who are forced to stay there because you foolishly bought there, maybe we can meet by the pool bar, take a walk around the lake, ride the boat to Epcot, sit and watch the fireworks, or have morning coffee and pastries from the bakery one day and wallow in our misery.
Sounds like a plan to me!!!!! LOL!!

pmcpmc
05-15-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by BWVDee
Sounds like a plan to me!!!!! LOL!!

Andrew Bichard
05-15-2004, 09:26 PM
Sofa in entrance lobby is too big!

Friendships sounding their horns

Andrew

chainkid
05-16-2004, 09:38 AM
You are right about the sofa.......it is a major insult to the owners to have people think we all need furniture this large. I alsp forgot to mention how tacky the boardwalk entrance looks on a night approach...what do they think its broadway or Vegas. Just invites all the rif raff that come from those awful value resorts.....you know the ones that have now joined DVC and made it less than the upscale snooty club it was made to be...its shameful

pmcpmc
11-08-2010, 05:36 PM
I have been very ill over the last few years and have been looking over past posts on my return .
I have always enjoyed this thread
and tyguy's first trip to Bwv just reminded me of it.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
we don't want to encourage too many newcomer

Raising Disney Princesses
11-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Boardwalk is still our favorite! Location is great!

walkdmc
11-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Someone once reported seeing prostitutes in the hot tub. It was on TripAdvisor or some other rating website.

pmcpmc
11-08-2010, 06:44 PM
:rotfl::rotfl:Boardwalk is still our favorite! Location is great!

its not a place to stay especially if your home is the wonderful ssr or the large roomed okw or the fantastic pool at bcv
or the wonderful location of blt this place is adump by comparison

Deb & Bill
11-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Creaaaaaakkkk. Opening up the vault to get this oldie, moldy out.

jekjones1558
11-08-2010, 08:24 PM
I read all the posts in this thread and was surprised not to find one from Richyams. So, in his honor, I am quoting his post from another thread:

If convenience and luxury are what you are after, BWV will not dissappoint!

Not only can you see the TV from the hot tub, you can actually reach into the kitchen and re-fill your coffee from the hot tub!

You can reach in and grab a beer from the fridge while you are out on the balcony!!!

Some people call those units tiny, I think Disney had luxury and convenience in mind.

In the new spirit of humor being disparraged, I guess I need to add a discmaimer.

Disclaimer: You can't actually reach into the fridge from the balcony or reach into the kitchen from the hot tub. While I do believe the units are tiny and really unusable, I was using exageration as a tool for humor. I apologize in advance for any feelings I may have hurt.

Hey, Rich, I say hello to you every time I pass Fred's tombstone at Haunted Mansion. Still miss you on these boards.

edk35
11-09-2010, 09:07 AM
The close proximity of the bakery is horrible.

The pastries go right to your waistline.

Of course, the loooooooong walk down the hallways helps a bit but then you are just hungry again. So, back down to the boardwalk you go just to fill up on the yummy food at Spoodles, ESPN, or Flying Fish.

And did I mention the walk to Epcot?? How I hate entering through the back gate and having such close proximity to my favorite park.

That's it. I'm selling my points. :p

Kristen :earsgirl:

Dh just reminded me how much he hates watching Illuminations from the balcony. Now that really rankles.

Yes that darn bakery. :rolleyes1 Instead of losing weight on your vacation with all the walking..YOU WILL gain weight because the bakery is SO CLOSE. Then you are SO CLOSE TO THE SHOWCASE and that only encourages MORE eating. BAD BAD BAD for the diet. :laughing:

saintstickets
11-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Someone once reported seeing prostitutes in the hot tub. It was on TripAdvisor or some other rating website.

That's not true! She was my niece....er cousin....er friend of a friend? :lmao:

mouseaider
11-09-2010, 12:11 PM
OMG...... I need some screen cleaner after reading this. :rotfl:

We just joined DVC at BWV and I've booked two trips to BWV already. We'll be there in January and will be glad to do some more investigating for the cause ! I even volunteer to check out the alleged hot tub trespasser. :rolleyes1 What color bikini was she wearing ? :flower3:

And to think, I just booked a lousy standard View Studio for next October...... what was I thinking ?!?!? :eek:

Deb & Bill
11-09-2010, 12:59 PM
This thread is over six years old. Everyone spotted at the resort has died.

dgaston
11-09-2010, 04:24 PM
But surely we can come up with some more creative problems with BWV (where I have been forced to stay probably more than any other DVC property). I do think that the proximity to both Epcot and DHS encourages too much time in parks, and interferes with hot tub and balcony use. ;)

Chellymouse
11-09-2010, 05:52 PM
I REALLY hope it's not that bad! DH and I just booked a 1BR for 8 nights in May with a BW view due to circumstances beyond our control.

lisareniff
11-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Holy Bump-up Batman! :yay:

I had a smile seeing some posters of the past (an present) come back to life!:goodvibes

I REALLY hope it's not that bad! DH and I just booked a 1BR for 8 nights in May with a BW view due to circumstances beyond our control.

Oh it is really horrid! You should definitely avoid BW at all costs.

LIFERBABE
11-09-2010, 07:21 PM
That's not true! She was my niece....er cousin....er friend of a friend? :lmao:

:lmao::rotfl:What happens at Disney stays at Disney!!:rolleyes1

Mickey'sApprentice
11-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Its really sad...BWV doesn't have any exotic animals on its savannah...matter of fact...there isn't even a savannah.

If I must...I'll take it on the chin and swap my standard Kidani Village studio for a boardwalk standard studio. It would only be the nice thing to do since we own at BWV. ;)

Mickey'sApprentice
11-09-2010, 08:15 PM
BWV -- you can't brush your teeth and make your pop tart at the same time.

I am so glad that BLT studios are being corrected!

saintstickets
11-09-2010, 09:01 PM
What color bikini was she wearing ? :flower3:

It was an itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka dot bikini...or something like that! :rotfl2:

mmay60046
11-10-2010, 03:52 PM
The boardwalk itself is really unsafe at night. They let just about anybody walk around there. Last time we went there was some guy riding this one wheeled bike and throwing things around, including what looked like swords! And there was this other guy with a whistle.......I thought those guys were going to mug us. Somehow we made it back to our room safely.

AKV707
11-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Oh why, Oh why, did I just add on here? :rotfl2:

backyardponder
11-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Too much noise from Jellyrolls. I should know...I was in there.

wdwfan1
11-10-2010, 10:14 PM
Walking to 2 parks causes excess wear and tear on your shoes.
You could get hit in the head by a bad throw from the jugglers on the boardwalk.
You risk your life staying at a resort with those family bicycles.
The easy walk to Welcome Home Wednesdays could be very costly. You might be tempted to buy more points while sipping lemonade and wearing your new hat.

You could gain weight eating the goodies from the Boardwalk Bakery or eating ice cream at Beaches & Cream.