PDA

View Full Version : New Spa Treatments! New Spa Prices!

inkkognito
05-11-2004, 10:52 PM
Courtesy of some recent Magic cruisers, we have the brand new spa list, complete with new treatments and also new prices. New treatments include a Japanese Silk Facial, hot stone massages (I get these at the spa at home and love 'em), and a lime and ginger salt glow. But I did get sticker shock when I saw the new price of the Absolute Face & Body: $237! The other increases were not quite as hefty as that one. For the new treatment list, go to http://www.*******************/spa.htm
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.*****************

GrayFal
05-11-2004, 10:57 PM
WoW - that is a BIG price increase.......couples massage now $242! Glad I booked REAS for $299 - it is now a bargain!

aprilgail2
05-11-2004, 11:01 PM
I am doing to Hot Stone massage tomorrow, that is around 170.00 I think. I did the Chakra (sp?) capsule today and also have one Thurs. I really liked that, it was 45.00 for 25 minutes. I also did the spa taster on Sunday, That was about 120 I think....I was in the rainforest room today too, wow is that a great place. Those aroma mist showers are awesome!!

inkkognito
05-11-2004, 11:14 PM
I'd love to hear how you like the hot stone. I am planning to try it out on the Wonder on our early June cruise.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.*****************

GrayFal
05-11-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by aprilgail2
I am doing to Hot Stone massage tomorrow, that is around 170.00 I think. I did the Chakra (sp?) capsule today and also have one Thurs. I really liked that, it was 45.00 for 25 minutes. I also did the spa taster on Sunday, That was about 120 I think....I was in the rainforest room today too, wow is that a great place. Those aroma mist showers are awesome!! What exactly is the balancing treatment?????

Ella2
05-12-2004, 12:12 AM
That is an OUTRAGEOUS price increase for the AFB treatment! :eek: Almost $100 more???

I've done a hot stone massage before, at a very upscale hotel spa in Hawaii, and I loved it...and it was nowhere NEAR $170. Yikes on those PRICES!

goingbacksoon
05-12-2004, 01:50 AM
Anyone here tried the algae super-detox? Gf wants to do it, but I am skeptical of its claims...

goingbacksoon

thiscloud
05-12-2004, 02:31 AM
dw enjoyed the hydrotherapy on the wonder our last cruise. i don't see it on the treatment sheet. the old prices still posted on dcl's site says it's $26, so it's a bargain compared to these other treatments (well, it's only 20 minutes).

ivanova
05-12-2004, 02:33 AM
Let's just say I'm glad I booked the REAS package for our Nov cruise!! Out of $299 for the package, $242 will go just for the couples massage!!! :earseek: And $20 for Palo's, so that leaves $37 to cover the champagne breakfast in bed and the arrival gift!! Now THAT's a deal!! ;)

Scratch42
05-12-2004, 07:12 AM
So if I book it and don't have a SO to share it with, will I get both massages?

Scratch
pirate:

SeaSpray
05-12-2004, 07:44 AM
Those prices really have gone up! I'm SO glad we booked the REAS package! Thanks for the link to the new price list, Barb! :)

Luckymommyx2
05-12-2004, 09:28 AM
Now I'm worried that they are going to increase the price of the REAS package. I don't believe they've added my dates so I can book it yet. :(

ivanova
05-12-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Scratch42
So if I book it and don't have a SO to share it with, will I get both massages?

Scratch
pirate:
don't think so ;)

thiscloud
05-12-2004, 11:20 AM
i want to book the reas package, but i've seen on the dis board that they're not offering it on the repro cruises.

tinksmom
05-12-2004, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the update Barb! I'm also very glad I booked the REAS.

Scratch, I've read of people who've booked the package only to find out their partner wasn't interested in the spa. They were able book both massages for theirself.

gdulaney
05-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Darn!!! Following the recommendation of my SPA hero (Barb :)), I did the AFB last year and WAS really looking forward to doing it again... But that's a huge price jump!!! At least we got a warning...cruising should be stress free and the sticker shock over that type of increase would have me out-bouncing Tigger!! :Pinkbounc

Thanks for the updates!!
Ginny

ksumom
05-12-2004, 02:08 PM
Surial Bath?

I did she the name was changed but I didn't see it on the price list. Does anyone know how much this runs?

I'm really looking forward to it with DH!! (wink)

:tongue:

ivanova
05-12-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by thiscloud
i want to book the reas package, but i've seen on the dis board that they're not offering it on the repro cruises.
Actually they are only booking the REAS through the end of 2004 right now ... as the 2005 cruises get closer they may (or may not) add it as an option to book (and I'm bettin' at a higher price) later.

MrsPete
05-12-2004, 11:09 PM
This does make the REAS package look like a bargain! I was thinking about it -- now I'm thinking harder. I expect the price will rise in the future.

Question:
Is there a limit to how many people can book the REAS package? Should I make sure to reserve it ASAP so that I won't be left out, or can I pretty much call up two weeks before the cruise and expect to be included?

lillygator
05-17-2004, 08:19 AM
I was shocked....we planned on getting a couples massage for $178 and when we went to the spa - it was now 242~~~we still did it but I kept trying to convince DH that for only 30 more we could be having it in the island!

b&bdiscruisers
05-17-2004, 10:00 AM
when you make the ressie for REAS, does it have to paid then at the time of making the ressie or can it paid later?

ivanova
05-17-2004, 10:06 AM
it has to be paid by 60 days before your cruise - or if you add it on with less than 60 days before your cruise you need to pay it in full at the time you call. I don't think they'll let you make the actually spa/Palo ressies until it's paid.

gdulaney
05-17-2004, 12:02 PM
Does anybody know if you can make any substitutions w/ the REAS package? Mainly substitute a different spa treatment... still can't talk hubby into the couples massage.

Thanks!
Ginny

Lisa loves Pooh
05-17-2004, 12:16 PM
Not to sound cheap--but seeing the prices, I now have sticker shock--

At our most luxurious spa in town--these prices on ship are 50% to 100% more.

Why do they cost so much? I can enjoy as much relaxation without the sales pitch in my own backyard.

I think I will just suffer with pre-cruise pampering before my future, currently in the pre-planning stages, cruise.

Grumbo
05-17-2004, 12:26 PM
Does anybody know if you can make any substitutions w/ the REAS package?

You have the choice of the two different massages. You cannot have anything other than a choice of those two. I asked Debbie when I made our ressies and also asked the ladies at the spa while onboard.
These prices ARE wild!!!
Guess my DW will be going alone, and I will lay on a deck chair and catch some rays. Hmmm thats still a pretty good deal :)

Cheers,
Grumbo

aprilgail2
05-17-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by inkkognito
I'd love to hear how you like the hot stone. I am planning to try it out on the Wonder on our early June cruise.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: **********************

Loved it!! I ended up doing the spa taster on Monday, the Chakra Capsule Tuesday and Wednesday and the hot stone massage on Thursday. I also did the rainforest room for 3 days and that was very nice. I actually won a game of Bingo on Thursday and that covered 335.00 of my spa bill LOL! I had to split the pot or I would have won 670.00!!

Goofy4Pluto
05-17-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by GrayFal
WoW - that is a BIG price increase.......couples massage now $242! Glad I booked REAS for $299 - it is now a bargain!

I booked the REAS also for Nov 04
but you don't think they can "adjust"
our prices do you?
I certainly hope not!
That is DEFINITELY a DEAL and a HALF
now!

gdulaney
05-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Grumbo - I know about the couples massage...what is the other that you can choose from?

Thank you!!
Ginny

GrayFal
05-17-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by gdulaney
Grumbo - I know about the couples massage...what is the other that you can choose from?

Thank you!!
Ginny From DCL website
Romantic Escape at Sea

Sip champagne as you sail on a romantic fairy tale voyage to The Bahamas or the Caribbean. Discover special Disney touches, like a romantic gift left in your room, priority seating at the exquisite Palo restaurant and an aromatherapy body massage at the Vista Spa & Salon.

Romantic Escape at Sea:

Add $299* per couple to 3-, 4- and 7-night Disney Cruise LineŽ cruise packages.

On board, you'll receive:
- Romantic gift amenity delivered to your stateroom (one per package)**
- Couples massage at the Vista Spa & Salon
- Priority seating at Palo for one night
- Romance turndown service (one night)
- Champagne breakfast in bed (one morning)**

Use Booking Code ESC

*Add-on prices above apply to 3-, 4- and 7-night sea packages, only. Packages must be purchased for all Guests in the party for the entire length of stay. **Guests must be 21 years or older. Options available for travel 1/01/04 through 12/31/04

I have seen others post it can be the well being massage or a combination facial/massage. But looking at the newly posted Spa Menu at ********************** - I don't see any other massage that would fit the bill!

gdulaney
05-17-2004, 08:59 PM
I was trying to find out if I could sub the AFB for the couple massage....

Thanks!
Ginny

Grumbo
05-17-2004, 09:24 PM
No substitutions according to Debbie..

Cheers,
Grumbo

gdulaney
05-17-2004, 09:43 PM
Thank you for the info!!

Ginny