PDA

View Full Version : 14 Nt Passport question

Lthouseprincess
05-11-2004, 02:05 PM
Any one heard anything more on this? Here is waht was at the
http://www.curacao-tourism.com web site about vistors..

Entry Requirements: US and Canadian citizens need either a valid passport, or proof of citizenship in the form of an original birth certificate accompanied by photo ID, and an onward or return ticket. Most other nationals need only a passport. Visitors from the Dominican Republic, Colombia and Haiti require a visa. You will need to apply for a resident permit if you plan to stay for longer than three months. You are not allowed to work or live on Curacao without a work permit.

myfairygodmother
05-11-2004, 02:25 PM
My TA called DCL last week and inquired about this and was told that DCL had not yet addressed that issue. When I received my invoice and receipt for deposit from the TA yesterday, it states:

Your travel requires the fo0llowing documentation:
A valid passport for US citizens required for entry.
All others must contact the consulate for ID requirements.
All passengers traveling outside of the country require a passport valid for 6 months beyond the conclusion of their travel date.

Based on everything that we have heard so far, it seems like a Passport is going to be required for the repositioning cruises.

An interesting FYI from my TA...If you miss the boat and have to fly to a non-US port to meet the boat, you MUST have a passport or you cannot fly into a non-US port.

ivanova
05-11-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by myfairygodmother
An interesting FYI from my TA...If you miss the boat and have to fly to a non-US port to meet the boat, you MUST have a passport or you cannot fly into a non-US port.
Basically you'll need a passport to leave the country you're stranded in, period. Even if it's to fly back to the USA.

So having passports would make life soooooooooo much easier IMHO.

Tigfanjeff
05-11-2004, 02:28 PM
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=563772

Great thread here already discussing the topic.

Seriously, you've got a year, get the passport. Even if it doesn't become required for whatever reason it makes travelling a *TON* easier.

webray
05-11-2004, 02:39 PM
A lot of the ports are now requiring passports. We got ours before our 7 day last fall, glad we did, now we have no worries.

DMS_cruisers04
05-11-2004, 04:24 PM
Lthouseprincess, just do what I did when I was inquiring about our stop in Barbados this Sept. - email the Curacao embassy, explain you are arriving via cruise ship and see what they tell you. I was pleasantly surprised to find out my group (all 17 of them) didn't need passports. Cruise passengers are considered "in-transit" and the new requirement didn't apply.