PDA

View Full Version : Tender Ports On 14 Day

Andrew DEREK UK
05-11-2004, 12:29 PM
I do not know if anyone has any more information but on a Princess cruise I went on from Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles, all of the Pacific ports of call, had 'Tendering' ashore.

Cabo St Lucas appeared not to have any facilites, there was a boat trip orgainsed and the people from that tendered us ashore on their boat first.

Acapolco has a very large bay, when my Princess cruise went in there was another princess ship and another liner, all 'tendered' in to the beach, about the 'middle' of the promanande, they set up a drinks and snaks shelter for us, DCL did the same in Caymans.

Our other stop on that side as 'Costa Rica' and again we tendered in.

The only place we moared up in port was an unadvertised stop at the Western end of the Panama Cannal.

This was where we refueled and was only annouced on the Princess '' Navigators' on the day from 6pm to 12 midnight.

We went East>West went into PC at 8am and finnished tranist about 5pm and moored by 6pm.

I am not sure but an observation was ships only go one way at a time, we where in a group of 3/4 Cruise liners and all went East>West at the same time.

DCL appear to have allowed a lot of time for the transit which might mean waiting in turn to get through.

webray
05-11-2004, 01:46 PM
Yep, in starting my research for the ports we will be going to..looks like mostly all tendering. That is fine..it really isn't a problem at all.

tap & dap
05-11-2004, 04:10 PM
On the Western 7 Day Cruise many of the ports were tender ports, not really much different except you get on a small boat to reach the shore versus docking. You can come and go as much as you want just like when docked.

Kind of neat to see the dock drop down from the side of the ship for the tenders to tie up to, when they are done it all folds back into the ship. Really fun to watch them open and close it.

seaulater
05-11-2004, 04:52 PM
Last year on RCCL we only tendered in Cabo. In Puerto Rico, Alcapolco, and Aruba we pulled right into port.

Cabo was very convenient. The ship is in the bay (if that is what you call it) and the tendering was very convenient.

Linda