PDA

View Full Version : FW transportation to DTD

warf
05-07-2004, 12:03 PM
Hiya Folks.

Planning our first trip as a family to WDW, and will be staying at FW. (Last time I was there was the early '70s, and different rides required different tickets !!!)

At any rate, I'm stressing out over transportation issues. We will be camping in our motorhome, and have no car.

On one day (Tuesday for early entry) we plan on going to MGM, then we have Cirque, La Nouba at 6:00 PM, with dinner at HOB afterwards.

Probably will stay at MGM till afternoon, then head back to FW to clean up.

How long does it take to go from MGM to FW?

What times should we leave FW to get to DTD by say, 5:00 PM, and how do we get there?

How about getting back?

Is there a map with bus routes on it anywhere?

Thanks!

PS I can't believe all the Abrreviations used here :earseek: Is there a translation table?

Chip 'n Dale Express
05-07-2004, 05:58 PM
Fort Wilderness is a bit unique, in that it has internal routes in addition to park routes.

Park transportation are based out of two main areas -- "Settlement Depot" and the "Outpost Depot"... one's at the top, one's at the bottom. The Settlement Depot will be where Pioneer Hall is located, and where the boat to the Magic Kingdom is. There will also be a bus to the Transportation/Ticket Center, Wilderness Lodge, and the Disney-MGM Studios.

The Outpost Depot is where main check-in is located. Buses there will service Epcot, Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach, and Downtown Disney/Typhoon Lagoon.

There are three internal routes... Yellow, Orange, and Purple. Internal buses run about every 10 minutes, and park buses run every 15-20 minutes.

All buses are clearly marked on the front and side with destination signs. Most buses now have the new bright orange LED signs, however, some might still have the older signs. Internal buses will say the color route, as well as thier destination. For example, "Settlement/Yellow" means the bus is heading to the Settlement, along the Yellow route. There are maps at every stop to help out, and drivers are always a wealth of knowledge.

Studios buses will run about every 15 minutes, and travel time will be less than 15 minutes.

I'd recommend catching the 4:20 or 4:30 Outpost bus... that will allow time in case you just barely missed the Downtown Disney bus at the Outpost. Travel time on the Outpost bus should be 2-3 minutes, maybe 5 at the very most. And if you had perfect timing, you'll just get to DTD early, which is never a bad thing. :) Once you board the bus for DTD, it shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to get to the Pleasure Island stop, which is the one you'll want for Cirque.

warf
05-07-2004, 10:52 PM
Chip-n-Dale,

Many thanks for the great info, my stress level has decreased by an order of magnitude or two!!! I tend to over obsess about these kind of things, and this is exactly the data I was looking for!

Cheers!

:cool: