PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions from fellow Minnesota DISers

lsteadman
05-06-2004, 04:35 PM
What flight options would you choose!

MSP to MCO Northwest $590/ Suncountry 560

or

SWA (Chicago) Midway $350 + $60 gas/oil, etc. + 8 Hours Drive (16 hours roundtrip)

HELP!!!!!! How much is my time worth!!!!

hercamore
05-06-2004, 04:41 PM
Fly. Cut down expenses somewhere on the trip.

You'll have to pay for parking at Midway, too.

When ar eyou going? Have you tried MSP to TPA?

I'd rather drive form Tampa to Orlando than MSP to Chicago.

herc.

HauntedMansionGeek
05-06-2004, 05:00 PM
Oh mah gosh those are high prices.......when are you going exactly? Do you have time to wait it out for some lower prices?

For us, we're north of Duluth and the money we save by NOT driving down to MPLS anymore is significant. Time is money.....given the choice I'd fly every time.

zulaya
05-06-2004, 05:38 PM
When are you going that those prices are SO high? If you have more than 3 months, definitely wait this one out.

And even if you are within 3 months and your dates are too firm to change, fly. I would never drive to Chicago just to hit SWA. (Although I do wish SWA would get themselves up here and fly to MCO so we could get some competition)

I believe a fair price from MSP to MCO, if you book early enough, is between $200 and $250. At $500, I'd be seriously considering travelling other dates, or waiting to buy plane tickets, if I had a choice.

MickeyMagic
05-06-2004, 07:39 PM
Prices have been sitting high for over a week. Hopefully, they will come down soon. Wait if you can.

smilingmouse
05-06-2004, 08:44 PM
I'd also advise that you try to find cheaper flights. And, this is a little off topic, but where in MN are all of you from? I'm originally from Duluth.....

SmilingMouse

pygmymom
05-06-2004, 11:10 PM
Have you looked at ATA or Airtran? Our family has flown ATA many times out of MSP, there's a transfer at Midway, but better than driving there. I think the most we've paid on ATA MSP to Midway to Orlando has been about $266 a person round trip.

We are planning to drive for the first time this trip. There are five of us, so airfare takes a big bite out of the WDW budget.

Good luck with your trip planning!