PDA

View Full Version : National Intermediate Size Car Question

Katy
05-06-2004, 12:21 PM
I had booked an intermediate size car from MCO National EI - but now my nephew is joining our party. If we get to the car and it is to small - can I opt for a larger size? Do I go to the desk? We may fit - but just in case. Thanks for any help. Oh, one more question - where in MCO is National located?

sgtdisney
05-06-2004, 12:51 PM
If you have reserved an intermediate, technically that is all you are guaranteed. If you can't fit in an intermediate, you can always go to the counter and do an upgrade, however there is a downside to that. You are, at that point, at the mercy of the rental agent and they can charge you a little or a lot for the upgrade. You can negotiate, but if you HAVE to have a larger size, and they know it, they can make you pay.

All that being said, from what I have seen numerous times here on the DIS and in my own personal experiences, they do usually have full size cars on the aisle, which of course using Emerald aisle service you are welcome to take. If you are really nervous about it and are pretty certain you MUST have a fullsize you may want to go ahead and reserve it, but if you want to chance it, you will probably find one on the aisle for the intermediate price.

Good Luck.

Rpsemont
05-06-2004, 04:53 PM
Where does that put you "people-wise" with the car.? We usually travel as three adults and one child. While we fit person-wise in an Interm. It's the luggage that causes the problem. This past Feb there were the 4 of us, 3 small suitcases, 1 large suitcase 2 medium backbacks and a duffle (for a 10 day trip) It was a tight fit in even the full size car. We stopped to get groceries on the way to resort and pretty much held them in our laps the whole way.
I do think you should make the decision before you go on whether you really need a full size. worst case scenario is everyone holds luggage in their laps if you stay with the interm (this, of course, assume no child car seats, etc.)

lawgs
05-06-2004, 09:53 PM
sgt disney

have you seen the new "rules" for emerald aisle

supposedly only intermediates will be on this aisle anymore ( of course cars sometimes get misplaced there even now ) but i do not think you can count on "larger" cars in the aisle , the larger cars etc are on the Executive Selection which according to someone is on the left side of the original Emerald Aisle

doombuggy
05-07-2004, 12:37 PM
I rented an intermediate last May (I usually rent a compact), and it was a toyota corolla. I loved it by the way. I rented it b/c I had an ECV to breakdown and put in the car,so I opted for bigger (and I had some discount codes & coupon). There were only 2 of us, though, so I am not help there.

My advice, if you think you'll need more room, get a bigger car. There are other rental companies on site at MCO.

sgtdisney
05-07-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by lawgs
sgt disney

have you seen the new "rules" for emerald aisle

supposedly only intermediates will be on this aisle anymore ( of course cars sometimes get misplaced there even now ) but i do not think you can count on "larger" cars in the aisle , the larger cars etc are on the Executive Selection which according to someone is on the left side of the original Emerald Aisle

No, I must have missed those new 'rules', thanks for the update. I have always been of the mind to reserve what you need and not hope for a free upgrade, be it Emerald Aisle or upgrade coupons, so maybe that is why I didn't notice it before. That is good to know though. Thanks lawgs