PDA

View Full Version : What happens if your SWA flight lowers in price?

sarha
05-06-2004, 11:47 AM
I am thinking of changing my booking out of BWI to Pholadelphia because it is much closer to me. However, the flights out of Philly are about $60 more a ticket.
If the Philly flight lowers in price after I have booked will I recieve the difference on my charge card or will I recieve a credit for a future booking?

ushkina
05-06-2004, 12:35 PM
There were several threads about it here.. As far as I understand, it depends on whether dates, flights, class of service is the same, and what agent you talk to - sometimes they give you a SW credit to be used for future travel (within a year), sometimes they just credit you credit card. You will need to call Customer Service and ask whether you are eligible for a CC refund. Also, if the price for the flights you booked drops, it is your responsibility to call them and ask to be refunded, they won't do it automatically.

sarha
05-06-2004, 02:28 PM
Thanks ushkina ; I wasn't able to get the search function to work earlier.

angbuz
05-07-2004, 04:09 PM
I originally booked out of BWI (b4 I knew SWA was coming to PHI) and then I found out that they were flying out of Philly and called and asked if I could switch airports w/o switching times and prices. NOT A PROBLEM!!! They changed my request and e-mailed me within minutes the new itinerary (which was exactly the same as the one out of BWI). Then about 1 month later I went online and saw that my RT rate of $179 went down to $99 RT and again I called and they gave me a credit voucher (for future flights) of $180. They were so accomodating and very nice to deal with. So glad they are now flying out of Philly. :)

patster734
05-07-2004, 10:07 PM
Yep, I received the same customer service that Angbuz received for a flight leaving Kansas City. The agent was very friendly and knowledgable. I received a credit for the difference to be used within a year for a future flight.