PDA

View Full Version : Alamo @ Disney Car Care or Dollar @ Lake Bueno Vista

LJ01
05-06-2004, 09:50 AM
We are renting a minivan in mid June for the end of our vacation. We are doing a one-way from Orlando to Tampa. Our choices are Alamo at Disney Care Car or Dollar at Holiday Inn - Lake Beuna Vista. I would like to get your input on which one would be faster / more convient. We will be going to MK the day we pick up the van. The price I have gotten (~$120 for 3 days)is about the same for either. What I am looking at is picking up the van at 11:00 am and meeting the family at the park. I assume that Alamo is more convient but if there is always a long wait there would it be better to get one from Dollar? Also, which would have better vehicles and be more likely to have what you reserved. Thanks for any input.

doombuggy
05-06-2004, 12:12 PM
I relly don't think you will have much of a wait at the car care center. Usually when I go, I walk right up to the counter b/c no one else is there. I think I waited for 5 minutes once. The best part is that you will be spending the day at MK. You can get the Alamo shuttle bus to pick you up at teh Contemporary or T&TC, take you to the car care center, then after picking up your van, you can loop back around, go thru the toll gate to the T & TC parking lot, hop the monorail or ferry and volia! You are there!