PDA

View Full Version : OT We just got home from the ER!!!

Maleficent2
05-05-2004, 06:09 PM
DS slid and fell into an old radiator, you know one of those forced hot water ones they used to use to heat houses, at school! Yep school our school is over 100 years old and we heat with those.

Well 2 hours and 3 stitches later we are home. They could not use the new liquid stitches the cut was a stair step and too wide.

He actually handled it better than MOM and DAD I thought Steve was going pass out when the gushing of blood started right after he did it. Thankfully it had stopped bleedin by the time we got to the hospital.

This will be a Cinco de Mayo he & we won't soon forget;)

All is well now but I think he will get the day off from school tomorrow.

Mal

eller
05-05-2004, 06:51 PM
Two hours isn't too bad. I've waited loads longer for stiches and glue.

I hope he heals quickly!

Lori

dizneenut
05-05-2004, 07:31 PM
Poor guy. Hope he heals quickly.

patsal
05-05-2004, 07:39 PM
Best wishes for his speedy recovery. Nothing fun about the ER and stitches!

Doodlebug939
05-05-2004, 07:47 PM
I have learned that if it is a holiday that one of my kids will get hurt. For example, my wedding anniversary last week my daughter (3) decided that she would stick a coffee bean up her nose. I mean shoved it up there. So my anniversary was spend in a doctors office with her screaming so heard that my ears rang for the rest of the evening.

But kids bounce back really quick. And she has forgotten all about it. Mom on the other hand will never forget!

Maleficent2
05-05-2004, 08:26 PM
DS son just read the posts with me and said Thanks everyone....
he said to tell you guys he has forgotten about it except for the headache LOL

But he said Mom will never forget!!!!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.
that 6 year old wisdom gotta love it!

Mal:eek:

dtuleya
05-05-2004, 08:45 PM
Give 'I' a big :grouphug: from all of us! Tell him I hope he feels better soon! I'll never forget the time DS split his eyebrow open the week before our vacation. Dr. had to take the stitches out the night before we left!

gdulaney
05-05-2004, 09:07 PM
I hope your son feels better soon.

Ginny
:)

Beanie
05-05-2004, 09:41 PM
Oh no!! I hope he feels better soon!! Ouch, that sounds so painful!!

eller
05-06-2004, 01:02 AM
Party favers for all, especially your son!!! :eek: (He's too young! Oops! Don't tell him!)

(Sorry!)

Lori

mad4themouse
05-06-2004, 05:56 AM
Sorry to hear about your DS, Mal! I hope that he's feeling better today. My DS had to have stitches in his forehead when he was 2. They papoosed him in the ER but I had to hold his head still for the procedure. DH couldn't watch and left the room. Every stitch was like a knife going thru my heart! The battle scars of motherhood aren't always visible to the eye.

Tantor
05-06-2004, 07:23 AM
:sunny:

I hope he is feeling much better today!

rafikimom
05-06-2004, 09:16 AM
Sorry to hear about your son. Head cuts can look a whole lot worse than they are since they do seem to bleed like a gusher. :scared1: I hope the day after his headache is gone! I know it had to hurt him, but the stress and pain we moms go through watching and worrying about them, trying to keep them calm and "acting " calm ourselves. I think YOU are the one that might need today off;)

WDWMom
05-06-2004, 09:27 AM
Mal, Sorry to hear about your son. We were in the same place last fall with DS. Had a rock thrown at him during recess and punctured his skull. Spent 2 hours in the ER for them to clean it and tell me it did not need stitches since it was a puncture wound. Thank goodness we have great secretaries at our school because they had him all cleaned up by the time I got there. There must have been blood everywhere because his shirt was soaked and when we got home I had about 10 phone messages from friends saying their child saw Alec (DS) get his head split open. LOL now because it was not that bad, but from a child's point of view I am sure with all the blood it must have looked horrible.

Have a great day home with DS. Spoil him rotten and do something fun together.

DisneyFan0304
05-06-2004, 10:44 AM
Glad your son is bouncing back. It could have been a LOT worse. My mother fell on April 12 and hit her head on a radiator in our living room. She wound up in intensive care for 3 days and spent a total of 11 days in the hospital. She had a fractured skull, some bleeding in her brain, a large cut on her head that bled like crazy and a small fracture in her pelvis. I was home alone with her when it happened. This was the first time I had to call 911. It was pretty scary.

Hope you and your son enjoy his day off today. Too bad you don't live near WDW -- seems like a good reason to go to the parks to me!!!

Baileymouse
05-06-2004, 02:10 PM
Geez, the poor mini dude! I hope he has a speedy recovery. Up here ALL the schools are that old, lol, and we have those radiators in our apartment.

Ah, the joys of "antique" schools and housing.

Best wishes for a fast mend!

sweetpea3812
05-06-2004, 09:36 PM
I hope he's feeling better today.. I know how steve felt, The poor guy,, I hope he's feeling better too... I don't mind the sight of blood unless its on one of my kids and then I freak which doesn't help the situation any..Hopefully you were alot stronger that I would of been..You know you should give your DS something special for being such a brave soul..like say a trip to hershey on july 12th.. I hope it doesn't leave a scar,, but if it does tell him, chicks dig scars atleast thats what my boys tell me..