PDA

View Full Version : US Air-what is best method/way to verify flight times?

barbnjmom
05-05-2004, 04:36 PM
I have read many posts about US Air changing flights......what is the best way to re-verify your flight times? The web? call?

Going in Aug. 21-28 flying out of Philly

Thanks

Sunkissed
05-05-2004, 05:45 PM
In my experience, USAir is usually pretty good about posting changes on their site, but you can always call for added assurrance. Operators have usually been cheerful and willing to help. If you are already booked on a USAir flight, they should send you a letter or call you in the case of a change.

safetymom
05-05-2004, 06:47 PM
Just keep checking the website. When it gets really close I would check more often.

dansyr
05-05-2004, 08:05 PM
If you have internet service to your cell phone....you can sign up on the usair website and they will send you any changes via your phone.

Dopey Sharon
05-05-2004, 11:38 PM
I check their web site every so often, to see what has changed, since I usually book so far in advance too. Our times (both down and back) have changed three or four times since I booked our trip! I received an email, about a week ago, from USAirways, letting me know about the latest change. I'm assuming that, since I got the email, this will be the last change.

sweetp267
05-06-2004, 01:13 AM
I almost exclusively fly US and whenever my flights were changed even in the slightest, I received an email or if the reservation was done over the phone, I received a phone call. One time they emailed me with a change notice and it was just an equipment change (went from a 767 to a 757). That's it. No time change or anything. My flight to Vegas next month (yay!) was moved up less than an hour and I was notified immediately.
So if they have your email address and/or phone number and they make a change, you will be notified. For peace of mind, make sure you check your flight status a day or two before departure to make sure you didn't fall between the cracks. One time my seats were not where they were supposed to be when I checked online, but when I called to inquire, the seats were right where they belonged. Make sure you verify!

corvair
05-06-2004, 06:38 AM
You are lucky if they notified you... I booked on line 6 months agos... ours has changed about 6 times...never notified me.. i check the site...i even booked on line so they have my email... i do call and they said they should be emailing... the bad part about it my seats have changed everytime the flight has... on lined my flight down says no seats ... ays seats at check in.. when I call they do say no you have seats assigned.. hope she is right... she did say 30 days prior that is should not change after that...and maybe they do not email until then...amy

marcyinPA
05-06-2004, 03:52 PM
I received a letter in the mail from US Air notifying me of a change. I will be calling tomorrow just to verify our flights for Saturday a.m. out of Philly...

Sunkissed
05-06-2004, 05:52 PM
If you have internet service to your cell phone....you can sign up on the usair website and they will send you any changes via your phone.

Where can I find this on the site? Thanks!

dansyr
05-06-2004, 06:59 PM
here is a link to the info wireless services

https://www.virtuallythere.com/new/mobileServices.html?pnr=faaqql&name=caiazzo&language=0&clocktype=12&style=0&host=US

Sunkissed
05-06-2004, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the link! I'm having trouble getting past the itinerary retrieval screen, where it asks for your confirmation code and last name. I enter both and nothing happens. Anyone else have this problem? I'm a Cingular customer, btw. THanks!

Nick@ VB+OKW
05-06-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Sunkissed
I'm having trouble getting past the itinerary retrieval screen, where it asks for your confirmation code and last name. I enter both and nothing happens. Anyone else have this problem?

If you booked your tx on US AIR's website, thats where you have to look up your reservation at http://www.usairways.com/index.htm

If you booked your US AIR flights over the phone, this is where you look up your reservation below.....

https://www.virtuallythere.com/new/homePage.html?pnr=&name=&language=0&style=&host=1W&clocktype=12&Finali=0&res=0