PDA

View Full Version : FL Tours report

SAWYERMAW1
05-05-2004, 12:04 PM
This was our first time using a van service. Guess I misunderstood the part about assistance with luggage. Our driver called a Skycap to help with the luggage. Was that the assistance? In addition to tipping the van driver, we had to tip the Skycap too. When you have 7 people and 12 suitcases, these tips add up!! We had also requested a grocery stop. The driver said the grocery stores had closed. I find it hard to believe that in Orlando there are no grocery stores open at 10 PM! On our return trip, I had requsted to be picked up at 6 PM. Our van arrived around 7 PM. We made it in plenty of time but that was not the point. I think I'll use a rental van next time.

dizneyfan
05-05-2004, 12:27 PM
Sorry to hear your experience with FL Tours was less than you expected. I, too, am sure there were grocery stores open at 10 p.m. Sounds like the driver wanted to get home a little earlier!! As for the luggage assistance...I don't want help with my bags anyway much less from more than one party!! I get a little exasperated with all the "tipping"!!

We selected FL Tours due to the positive posts we had read on these boards and the fact that they are a DIS sponsor. We are using them in two weeks...I hope we have better luck than you. I'll post a report upon our return.

-dizneyfan

Disneyolic
05-07-2004, 12:12 PM
Did he help with your luggage at all? We had 8 people total and our driver took as much as he could by himself. We almost felt guilty on how much he took. We all carried some pieces ourselves and had no problems with that.

Sorry about the grocery stop. I cannot comment on that because we had our stop but it was at noon.

On our return, our driver did show up about 15 minutes late and with a limo instead of a luxury van. Now this may seem great but we really were squished in there because all of our luggage did not fit in the trunk/front seat. We had to put our Graco DuoGlider in the back with us. A bit uncomfortable. Plus we have 2 younger children and they had no child restraints for them, making me more than nervous.

All in all, we had a satisfactory experience with FL Tours and will use them again.

~DawnMaree

SAWYERMAW1
05-08-2004, 07:35 AM
Did he help with your luggage at all? We had 8 people total and our driver took as much as he could by himself. We almost felt guilty on how much he took. We all carried some pieces ourselves and had no problems with that.

Our driver asked if we needed help with our luggage. When we told him we did, he called a skycap. He never touched a piece of luggage.

Disneyolic
05-08-2004, 08:44 AM
It does sound like you had a dud of a driver from the airport. Sorry to hear it. Hope you at least adjusted your tip to suit the service.

~DawnMaree

sarahsmom73
05-08-2004, 11:34 AM
We had 2 wonderful drivers in Apri!!!l... Sonny was waiting at the baggage claim with a cart and did all the luggage work himself! Our return driver was just as wonderful! We ended up with a van on the way back and the dirver had Nemo on which dd just loved!

4greatboys
05-08-2004, 06:54 PM
Just wondering who your driver was. We have used them for 2 trips and each time with an additional transfer to USO and our drivers have been really great. Even when we had a lady driver, Renatta (SP?) she loaded all our luggage in the van. We have had her 2 times and she has been great. I know a few of the grocery stores close around ten but Super Walmart would still be open, they should have driven you there.
We have also had Andy before who also loaded up our stuff. We will be using them again for our June trip.
Sorry you didnt have a good experience with them.

Trekker
05-08-2004, 10:02 PM
I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. I know anyone can have a bad day - but you had stuff happen on arrival and on your departure day - sorry that happened.

We have used FL. Tours several times without any problems ever.