PDA

View Full Version : SW adding morning flights for Oct?

findmewdw
05-04-2004, 08:00 PM
I know Southwest just released their new dates, but no morning flights for the first of October are listed, not even for the higher fares in my area. Will more flights be added later or am I going to be stuck with late times or another airline?

Pinnie
05-04-2004, 08:51 PM
Hate to say this, findmewdw, but once SWA posts it's schedule they RARELY if ever change it. That is why they are one of the most efficient airlines in the business.

They use their fleet to the max right now!

pin

GAIL HAYDEN
05-04-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by findmewdw
I know Southwest just released their new dates, but no morning flights for the first of October are listed, not even for the higher fares in my area. Will more flights be added later or am I going to be stuck with late times or another airline?

What you see is what you get. They don't change flights and they generally do not add any. Of course, it would help if we knew where you are. :)

findmewdw
05-05-2004, 06:02 PM
Sorry, location may make a difference. We are flying out of Louisville, KY. We were hoping for a morning flight on Sunday, October 3rd. There are no flights for Sat, Sunday, or Monday.

GAIL HAYDEN
05-05-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by findmewdw
Sorry, location may make a difference. We are flying out of Louisville, KY. We were hoping for a morning flight on Sunday, October 3rd. There are no flights for Sat, Sunday, or Monday.

They have flights in the am to Tampa. Is that a consideration?

They apparently do not fly in the am out of Louisville. There are none listed for any days.

Lady Cluck
05-06-2004, 01:06 PM
We are in the same situation with morning flights out of Oklahoma in October. The earliest flight out does not arrive at MCO until 4:30pm. We are considering going the night before, staying at a airport hotel, then taking the hotel shuttle to go pick up the rental car the next morning.

The alternative is to choose another carrier. Right now, Continental, Delta and American are only about $50 higher. I just need to weigh the possibility of getting a room for that night for less than the difference between the two fares.

Lewisc
05-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Gail is right. SW makes very few schedule changes. They'll add a FEW FLIGHTS when they take delivery of new aircraft. Check the press release section of their website.

http://www.southwest.com/about_swa/press/prindex.html