PDA

View Full Version : Special for Canadians

Bea
05-04-2004, 05:15 AM
Our local radio station is at WDW this week. They said at 8:00 this am they are going to announce a special for Canadians. They also said that it is something that, officially, it isn't sopposed to be released until tomorrow but they have the OK to do it live. I will be commuting to work at the time they announce it, but if I do hear anything later on in the day, I will post.

DisneyLisa
05-04-2004, 06:09 AM
Please do...thanks. :)

mom_rules
05-04-2004, 08:21 AM
Waiting with baited breath.........Anything yet?

chrisann
05-04-2004, 02:34 PM
please let us know!!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Bea
05-04-2004, 03:04 PM
Sorry, I wasn't able to find out the special. I even checked the radio station's webpage. It must have been announced while I was on my way to work. BUT, whatever the Canadian special is, it will be announced to the general public tomorrow. I will listen tomorrrow morning (not working) and report anything that may be said during the morning show.

eleanor
05-04-2004, 06:08 PM
Heard that it will be 7 nights for the price of 5. I know it said until 18 Nov. but dont know when it starts.

DisneyLisa
05-04-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by eleanor
Heard that it will be 7 nights for the price of 5. I know it said until 18 Nov. but dont know when it starts. Eleanor...are you talking about the new package for the general public or a Canadian special? Wouldn't it be cool if we got the 7 for 5 at par. :cloud9: I know...dream on. ;)

Debbie
05-05-2004, 05:54 AM
Its the Seven for Five (http://www.disney.ca/vacations/disneyworld/5plus2/index.html) deal. Remember, all prices quoted are US DOLLARS! It does warn you of that before you leave the site. Enjoy!

DisneyLisa
05-05-2004, 07:21 AM
I booked with the AP rate...guess there's no special deal (right now anyway) for Canadians.

bytownmickey
05-05-2004, 09:44 AM
Hi folks, I have just joined this forum. I keep reading about the AP price, What exactly is that, and would it be cheaper then the new sale of 7 days for the price of 5! We are thinking of staying for 10 days in the fall at one of the All Star Resorts. What would be cheaper? Any help would be greatly appreciated. GREAT SITE...by the way!!!!

cdnmickeylover
05-05-2004, 11:34 AM
The AP rate is the annual pass rate. There are usually (but not always) special rates given for the resorts for annual passholders. Whether it's worth it or not depends on your length of stay and plans. The break even point for an annual pass is approximately 8 park days for a regular annual pass (which only includes admission to the 4 theme parks). There is a premium annual pass which also includes admission to the water parks.

The 7 for 5 deal includes room and length of stay passes. You have to crunch some numbers to see what's cheaper.

Hope this helps and welcome to the boards.

maryliz
05-05-2004, 11:48 AM
bytownmickey - Welcome to the DIS !!! As said above, AP rates don't always happen, however I've been extremely fortunate with them in the past 4 years. A good part of the fall is considered "value season". I know that in Value Season, the rack rate for AS has in the past been $77/night. I've had AP rates ranging from $49 to $69 during this season. Check this site for the "seasons" for 2004: http://www.mousesavers.com/seasondates2004.html

Also decide if you think you will be at the parks for most of those 10 days. If you're not doing at least 8 days, it's not worth the money. However, the best part of having AP's is that once you have them, it's so easy to book 2nd and 3 rd trips back to WDW within the 365 days that they are good for ;)

Happy Planning ! :)

Mary-Liz

Bea
05-05-2004, 01:47 PM
Sorry, no news. They definately said it was a special for "Canadians" on the radio, but I listened today and there was no mention. Maybe it was a special for everyone and they just added the "Canadian" part. Some people aren't into Disney as much as we are:earsboy:

Canada'Chip
05-05-2004, 02:38 PM
I just booked Canadian Special! 5 for 7 You pay regular price for 5 days Dream Maker Package and get 2 days free. It is the same price as the other 5 for 7 special listed on WDW website. The cm told me both packages are the exact same price. The cm was told to book Canadian's under different code so the marketing dept. can track bookings! Hope this helps, we were happy with our price! 10 nights end of August 5669.39, 5 of us, 2 adults, 2 juniors, 1 child, YC std. concierge. We purchased the insurance because our one son is on a competive soccer team and may have to cancel because of his schedule! I also have to say that I spoke to the greatest cm, she was great getting all the prices for us! She compared ap rates and the 2 different discounts codes for the 5 for 7 package!

bytownmickey
05-05-2004, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the help. I will be crunching the numbers to see which way is the cheapest to go. The 7 for 5 nights does'nt seem as great a deal as there has been in the past. I was hoping they would come out with "at par" special for the hotels only. Oh well, maybe they will announce somethng in the near future for Canadians only. Thanks again!!

bytownmickey
05-05-2004, 02:44 PM
Hey Canada'chip, I just read your post. Is that price in U.S. or Canadian funds? What hotel did you book and how many rooms? Sorry for all of these questions. Cheers

Canada'Chip
05-05-2004, 03:02 PM
US funds and we are a party of 5, 2 adults, 2 teenagers, 1 child. We booked 1 room at the YC, standard concierge room. We all love the YC so we don't mind squeezing into a concierge room. We have 3 boys who are always snacking in the lounge!

Canada'Chip
05-05-2004, 03:02 PM
US funds and we are a party of 5, 2 adults, 2 teenagers, 1 child. We booked 1 room at the YC, standard concierge room. We all love the YC so we don't mind squeezing into a concierge room. We have 3 boys who are always snacking in the lounge!

CdnDisneyNut
05-05-2004, 05:23 PM
So is the 7 for 5 a Canadian thing or for everyone?
Is it just for the UHP (pass + hotel)

Susan--Ontario
05-05-2004, 06:26 PM
I just got off the phone with CRO and this is what the cost would be for our family which is 2 adults and two children. Our dates are the first week of November.

The package includes:

7 nights accommodation
7 days of Ultimate park hoppers
bag tag
choice feature (round of mini golf, etc)
Leave a Legacy Image
$25.00 Planet Hollywood voucher
2 Lanyards
Poster (our poster from last year was really, really, nice)

The code is ZXIM.

FW Homes -$2147.96

Wilderness Lodge woodsview--$ 2092.24

WL Concierge -- $2822.62

Port Orleans Riverside--$1612.88

Pop Century--$1303.30

Polynesian--$2538.28

Looks like some great deals!!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Debbie
05-05-2004, 08:22 PM
So....what did you book??? ;)

chrisann
05-05-2004, 10:31 PM
If I remember correctly, the at par special came out in the summer and you had to have it booked by the end of August, so I guess we'll have to just keep waiting:(

DisneyLisa
05-06-2004, 06:27 AM
My records from last year show it was released on May 15th (a week after all the other specials were released) for July 1 - October 31 (later extended until the end of November) and had to be booked by June 30th. Maybe they'll release a Canadian Special soon. :)

mom_rules
05-06-2004, 06:59 AM
We booked the Cdn at Par special for Easter 2004 (last month)-I think it had to be booked by the end of Jan/beginning of Feb or something like that. WDW used a .69 exchange-then they billed it to your Canadian Visa in U.S. Dollars-then Visa again bills at the then current exchange in Canadian Dollars (like a double exchange). We won out because our $ was doing even better than the WDW exchange at the time. Great deal-we were able to stay YC concierge and with the exchange differences it saved us a bundle. Then we were given a complimentary room upgrade to a bayview room with a full balcony!
The 7 for 5 is not quite as good but the savings work out to about 30% for the same accomodations we had in April.
I'm hoping that they will come out with a "Cdn" special also for November 2004.

PhotobearSam
05-06-2004, 09:19 AM
Susan...is that $1300 price tag for Pop Century for all 4 people???

I am assuming this is US funds but that is still very nice price.

Can you give us a breakdown per adult and child...We are just 2 adults and would love to book this next year if it comes up...Please let us know.

MaryannF
05-06-2004, 09:37 AM
I took the following from the Canadian Disneyworld site www.disneyworld.ca

If your travel dates start July 1st - 4th, 2004 please call 407-WDW-STAR & ask for code ZXIM. No group rates or other discounts apply. Proof of Canadian residency required.

Apparently what makes this a Canadian special is that Canadians can book vacations that start July 1st. Non-Canadians can book for vacations starting July 5th. That seems to be the only difference in what they are calling a Canadian special.

Susan--Ontario
05-06-2004, 06:41 PM
Yes, Samantha that is in US funds and it is for 2 adults and 2 children. So, it should be less for 2 adults. It is a nice deal. When we went last September with the Fairytale Package it was great. We had never been to the waterparks or DQ before. We did all three and my DS has those on the top of his "must do" list.

We can only hope that it will be there again next year.

PhotobearSam
05-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Thanks Susan...That is great. We hope this comes out next year when we go...

:p

mom_rules
05-07-2004, 12:05 PM
Our girls stayed at ASMu over Easter on the Cdn Visa at Par deal:

Our Total cost for 9 nights (10 day UPHP's) including 12% taxes- 2 Adults for ASMu (pref. rm loc) was $1440.00 (apparently this is considered Peak season).

We calculated the regular price to be $2218.72, so we thought this was a great. (U.S. funds)

DonDuck Fan
05-08-2004, 02:57 PM
Hello everyone.

I am new to this forum, I am glad to see a forum for Canadians that are going to Disney too.

We are planning a trip in Late Nov, early Dec! We ordered the Vacation planner, and in it they have info on a Bronze Plan. Similar to the Silver but only has one wish per person per night.

After calling Disney 3 times and now CAA. I found out that this plan is only for Canadians and it can only be booked through a CAA travel agent.
If I understand it the prices are as followes, and if anyone knows anything else about it let me know.

359 USFunds for 3 nights per adult
less for children
30 USFunds per wish per person per night.

let me know what you think.

DDF

Susan--Ontario
05-08-2004, 05:42 PM
Hi DonDuck Fan,

Donald is also my favourite character. Welcome to the Canadian Boards!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We have a lot of fun over here.

Are you only wanting to stay for three nights at Disney???

The package deal that is out right now is a very good package. As you can see above it gives you a lot for your money and the Pop Century is only $1303.30 US for four people.

If you spend the 359 for adults, and I would guess that the child's price would be in the $300 range. For another $400 you get an extra four days of Disney. You don't get the wishes with that price but you can always call and find out how much it is to add the Silver package to your package. This package does give you some extra things as well. If you have the time I would spend the extra money and go for the 7 for 5 deal. You won't regret it.

Personally, we've never added anything to our basic packages because we always eat breakfast in our room and usually only have one meal out a day. We try and have very late breakfast (10:30 or a very early supper 4:30). We then have snacks in between.

Anyone else done the add on??

You'll love it in December! It is gorgeous with all the Christmas decorations. Be sure and do the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and the Candlelight Processional. Both are exceptional.

Happy Planning!!:earsgirl:

MaryannF
05-09-2004, 09:34 AM
Taken from Mousesavers...

The 5 Plus 2 Dream Maker package is available to Canadians at the same prices listed above. This is not an at-par offer. However, Canadians can book this package for vacations starting 7/1/04 instead of 7/5/04.
If you book this package through CAA, there is a "Bronze" version available, which is the same as the Silver add-on, except with only ONE "Magical Wish" per person per night. This version is only available in Canada and only through CAA.

So if you book the 7 plus 2 Dream Maker package you can do a Bronze add on that is only available for Canadians through CAA.
I have never added anything on to the basic package so I don't know if it is worth it but it's nice to see that WDW is trying to cater more to the Canadian market.

Hockeychic
05-09-2004, 03:44 PM
I have contacted Dreams Unlimited and was qouted Pop Century from Sept 22 - 29 which apparently is value season for almost $2300.00 for 4 of us, 2 adults and a 11 and 14 year old.

I have CAA are they offering a better price?? What are wishes??? And can I ask 1 more question what is the bronze package???

Susan--Ontario
05-09-2004, 03:58 PM
September may be a different season, which may account for the difference. Also your two children are considered adults for the Ultimate Park Hoppers. I would call Disney directly and give them the Canadian code and see what they come up with. It's worth a shot.

Hockeychic
05-09-2004, 05:12 PM
With Dreamsunlimited they are juniors not sure how that price compares with the child or adult prices.

Can anyone tell me what the Canadian Code is???? Thanks

dimoe
05-09-2004, 06:20 PM
In my Sunday newspaper Sears Travel has a deal the 7 for 5 included is your hotel, ultimate park hopper tickets( include water parks and disney quest), also a car and your airfare. THink it may not be a bad deal. For value resort it is 1059 canadian - all stars,
moderate port orleans for 1269 , and then animal kingdom for 1679.
Think with the bonus of airfare and car it might be a good deal. What does everyone else think??? If you need more information just ask I have the ad hung on my bulletin board.
THe one on the opposite page said to book thru disney for the 7 for 5 and it was 589.00 US. But only included hotel and uphs .
Diane
I am not going till April next year so hoping for an at par deal or the 7 for 5 again.
Sears looks like a good place to book for disney from what I have heard.

Susan--Ontario
05-09-2004, 06:37 PM
The Canadian Code is ZXIM.

Happy Booking!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

mom_rules
05-09-2004, 07:37 PM
I usually book through CAA. I've used the gold plan twice (expensive but worth it for us as we do all the watersports and golf, eat at all the sit down restaurants). The silver plan gives you two wishes per person per night (they work out to about $34 each) so if the bronze gives you one wish per person per night at $30 it is giving you a bit of a deal.

mom_rules
05-11-2004, 12:02 PM
Okay, Now I need help!

Just called my CAA TA and they are not aware of a
Cdn Bronze pkg offer-she even called AAA Disney
directly while I waited on the line-Does anyone have
a code for this? ZXIM is for Cdn but you can only
add silver, gold, prince/princess to it.

DonDuck Fan
05-11-2004, 04:45 PM
Hi again

If I understand it right, the Bronze package can only be booked with a dream maker package, similar to the one that was out for the summer,
the one for 3 nights for 359, I am sure you can book longer.

When we talked to a caa travel agent, she did not know much about it either. but did find out that they do offer CAA members a bronze package.

As well as looking at all the info that came with the vacation planner, it states dates that are only for the value seasons.

Hope that helps.
DDf

mom_rules
05-11-2004, 07:42 PM
Well I did something I don't usually do-I called another CAA travel agent. They had all the information on the Bronze package. It is $30 US per person per night add -on that gives each person one "wish" (instead of two wishes like the silver plan) If you want to see what you can use your wishes for have a look at the silver brochure (online disney site) and just remember that you only get one wish instead of two.
So you would book a 7 for 5 deal (which is a basic dreammaker pkg-UPHP included) and then add on a bronze plan at $30 per person per night.

DonDuck Fan
05-12-2004, 09:57 AM
It just proves, what they say over on Mousesaver!

If you don't like the answer you are given, politely hang up and try again, Some agents are willing to go that extra!

I am so glad you got the bronze with the 7 for 5 deal

way to go

DDF

Hockeychic
05-12-2004, 10:10 AM
what are the options for wishes???? I guess what I am asking is what do you get extra in the bronze package since i don't know what wishes are.

Can I ask what price you got. From sears travel I was offered 7 nights at POP 2 adults, 1 12 year old and 1 9 year old $2,178.00 taxes included CANADIAN .....I thought that was amazing but I haven't had a chance to call CAA yet.

Thanks

Susan--Ontario
05-12-2004, 10:26 AM
Hockeychic,

Does that include the Ultimate Park Hoppers? If not then I would check out the 7 for 5 package. The details are posted earlier in this thread.

Hockeychic
05-12-2004, 10:55 AM
Sorry that's what happens when you try to type quickly at work....lol

Yes it included length of stay tickets for all of us.

Do you think that is a good price???

MaryannF
05-12-2004, 11:23 AM
I used this link to find out what was offered in the silver add-on, just remember that the bronze add-on only gives you 1 wish a day for each member of your party. You can find a link to print a brochure from here that tells you exactly what is involved in the silver add-on.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/tickets/packageExtendedDetail?id=PackageExtendedDetailSilv erAddOnPlan04Page

MaryannF
05-12-2004, 11:28 AM
Has anyone received a quote from Sears for the 5 plus 2 Dream Maker Package that includes airfare?

mom_rules
05-12-2004, 11:47 AM
Let me know if you get a better quote from CAA (Sears was almost double on my stuff-just hotel and UPHP).

mom_rules
05-12-2004, 03:55 PM
Quote from CAA for Pop Century for 8 nights 9 days October was $1342. (7 for 5 deal-no add ons)

They tried to book bronze and found out it expired at the end of March-if anyone has a CAA contact that is able to book bronze add on please let me know.

Hockeychic
05-12-2004, 04:22 PM
that 1342 price what what that for??? I was quoted today for my family 2 adults 1 13 and 1 9 at pop from Sept 17 - 24 including UPH for $2146. tax included Canadian. Just curious what your $1342 price included. Thanks

mom_rules
05-12-2004, 05:51 PM
its for 2 adults room and uphp only U.S. Dollars

dimoe
05-12-2004, 05:55 PM
I would love to know when you are going??
THat sounds like a good price to me. HOpe I get a good price when I book.
Diane

CdnDisneyNut
05-12-2004, 09:18 PM
Can you get 7 for 5 booking on line or do you need phone in to make your reservation. I was not able to find out where to plug in the discount codes on the web site?

mom_rules
05-13-2004, 07:29 AM
After you get to the initial reservation screen, scroll down to the bottom and it lists the "specials". When you click on it, it will automatically take you to the applicable discount reservation screen where it allows you to plug in your dates etc.

CdnDisneyNut
05-13-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by mom_rules
After you get to the initial reservation screen, scroll down to the bottom and it lists the "specials". When you click on it, it will automatically take you to the applicable discount reservation screen where it allows you to plug in your dates etc.

Thanks
Found it
If you book on-line to you pay the full amount at the time of booking or just the deposit?

mom_rules
05-14-2004, 07:17 AM
If you go through all the screens to the confirm availability I think it will tell you at the bottom (I believe it's $200 deposit-balance due 45 days before arrival).

DonDuck Fan
05-28-2004, 01:58 PM
Quote from CAA for Pop Century for 8 nights 9 days October was $1342. (7 for 5 deal-no add ons)

They tried to book bronze and found out it expired at the end of March-if anyone has a CAA contact that is able to book bronze add on please let me know.

I finally booked the bronze package, for Nove 29 to Dec 6 at the CBR with CAA.

CAA had no problem booking it for me.

I am so excited.

So Maybe try again,

DDF

mom_rules
05-28-2004, 06:05 PM
Which CAA agency did you use? I'd love to try to get the bronze package. None of mine would offer it!

DonDuck Fan
05-28-2004, 08:10 PM
Which CAA agency did you use? I'd love to try to get the bronze package. None of mine would offer it!

When I asked the agent this, because I did not want to have to buy a CAA Membership and not be be able to buy the bronze. She acknowledged that CAA, or at least she and her office did not like booking through Disney because they considered it to expensive, so they never look at the packages Disney offers. So I kinda insisted that they look into because we would really like to do the Bronze, because we felt the Silver would be to much food for us. So after a couple of days, she got back to me with all the details, and yes they booked it.

I would also suggest ordering the vacation planner from Disney. In it there is a pamphet describing all the packages. And that it is only offered certain times, from what I can tell it is only offered during for the value season.

Hope this helps.

DDF

mom_rules
05-28-2004, 08:30 PM
Thanks, I've PM'd you.

DonDuck Fan
06-03-2004, 01:22 AM
just wondering if anyone else has been able to get the bronze package.

DDF

mom_rules
06-03-2004, 11:20 AM
Still no luck here :confused:

DisneyLisa
06-03-2004, 11:30 AM
I hate to say it, but I'm not impressed with the CAA. There doesn't seem to be any consistencey. I bought our US/IOA Canadian At Par tickets (3 day hoppers for $119.23 CAD) at the CAA on April 29th because they told us (TimNDansMom was with me) that the special was ending on April 30th. Now posters on this board are saying you can still get them. :confused:

I'm a little ticked off because I bought my tickets earlier than I would have liked and now one of the friends I bought a ticket for, cannot come...so it was a waste of money. Had I known that it wasn't ending on April 30th I would have waited until I was sure what was happening rather than buy an un-needed ticket. :(

mom_rules
06-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Our CAA stopped selling the UA/IOA tickets at the end of March-but said they bring them back in some form or another several times a year.

I know what you mean about inconsistent-no CAA in my area sells the Bronze package with the 7 for 5 special.