PDA

View Full Version : Kissimmee Airport

maximom
05-03-2004, 10:44 PM
Due to the generosity of DH's best friend we will be flying into the Kissimmee Airport. Best Friend (BF) owns his own twin engine plane and when DS told him that we were driving to Orlando and wanted to stop and visit him in Nashville, he said he would just fly us there! This is basically giving us 2 extra days in Orlando. Anyway, I'm not getting much rental car info since it is a smaller airport. Any advice?

deltachi8
05-03-2004, 10:49 PM
just athought, you may want to take a cab/towncar (or bus?) to WDW and rent your car there....

tink2
05-04-2004, 03:13 PM
We flew into Kissimmee this past November on DH's bosses plane. We used a towncar to our hotel- Lorden Transportation- wonderful service! I don't remember seeing cabs/rental cars, so you might want to call the airport to find out. If not, ask if there is a way to reserve on in advance. If not, you can always make a reservation for a towncar. Have a great time! Kissimmee is very close to WDW!!!

tink2
05-04-2004, 03:17 PM
I forgot to tell you how nice it was to get off the plane and go! No baggage claims or long lines!!! WONDERFUL!!!

maximom
05-17-2004, 02:06 PM
Ok, before I found out about the offer from DH's friend, I had everything planned and was ready to reserve rooms. OK, now I get the info about flying and need a different plan of action. So for 3 weeks I keep telling DH to get firm plans with his friend so I'll know for sure what room reservations to make and so I'll know when we will get into Kissimmee. I was having trouble finding a car rental place open late on Sat night. Finally, he calls him last night and ends the conversation with "I'll find out what her plans are and let you know". I've been telling him my plans for 5 months!!!!! Then, he tells me that we need to drive to TN (where friend lives) on Saturday and spend the night then we'll fly out Sunday morning. I'm like OK well other than actual "driving" time how is this giving us extra time on our vacation. Original plan was to drive all day Sat / spend night in Atlanta and finish up trip Sunday. Granted we would still arrive earlier on Sunday than if we had driven but not really early enough to do anything big like SeaWorld. My biggest issue right now is that Dh is giving me no assistance with the plans other than to throw curves in it at the last minute. I'm so mad at him I could scream and it's ruining my big trip. I have wanted to go to WDW all my life and I was so excited, now I'm just getting more stressed out everyday because I can't finalize anything!

Just venting!!!