PDA

View Full Version : National saying I can't bypass counter w/coupon?

TripletsMom
05-03-2004, 05:10 PM
Can anyone help me out here. I have an existing reservations with National. After hearing about the long lines at the counter, I decided to join Nationals Emerald Club. When I try to make a new reservations with my EMC #, the price is a lot more. When I use my codes from my original reservation, I get errors on the page. Even as of today, if I make my reservations without the EMC#, I'm getting the same rate as my original reservations.

When I called National I was told that I cannot bypass the counter if I'm using a coupon. Is this right??? :confused:

RalphMouth
05-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Just returned last Thurday-

We picked up our car in Ft Lauderdale & returned it in Orlando.
Signed up for free with Emerald Isle using tip from mousesavers.com. Used promo codes as well as a coupon from the Entertainment Book. In FLL we bypassed the counter, took the shuttle, picked our car out & handed coupon to agent in the booth by the exit of National's lot.
VERY easy !!! Will ONLY use National if this is the way they do business. I was vey impressed. When we dropped off our car it only took a couple of min & again we bypassed the counter.
Horray for National..........:earsboy:

leebee
05-03-2004, 05:24 PM
This is an interesting question...I currently have several National reservations for MCO, all made with the same codes, and soem say I have to go to the counter and some let me go directly to the lot, both with and without coupons. The only thing I can see is that sometimes the "$X off per week" coupons let me go directly to the lot (but only sometimes), but the "2 car class upgrade" always requires that I go to the counter. Can't figure out National, their on-line system is very odd and sensitive...

curlyjbs
05-03-2004, 06:55 PM
You need to go to the counter with upgrade coupons.
You do not need to go to the counter with coupons for free days or $$off.

National's website is VERY quirky. Just keep trying and eventually it will accept the info.

hth

curly :crazy: in need of professional help