PDA

View Full Version : Anyone rented from Thrifty at MCO

jiminy14
05-03-2004, 04:06 PM
Has anyone rented from Thrifty at the Orlando airport? I am interested in any feedback both positive and negative. I just reserved a full-size car with them for 17 days in August for a total of $375.00. They are offering full-sized cars for 119.99/week. This is $200 dollars less than ER at National and $250 less than Avis. And yes, I have tried all the codes and coupons including Carlson and Priceless Vacations.
TIA for reading and responding.

GAIL HAYDEN
05-03-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by jiminy14
Has anyone rented from Thrifty at the Orlando airport? I am interested in any feedback both positive and negative. I just reserved a full-size car with them for 17 days in August for a total of $375.00. They are offering full-sized cars for 119.99/week. This is $200 dollars less than ER at National and $250 less than Avis. And yes, I have tried all the codes and coupons including Carlson and Priceless Vacations.
TIA for reading and responding.

They are offsite, need to take a shuttle.

debden
05-03-2004, 07:31 PM
We used Thrifty for our trip last December and have booked with them again for our June trip.I signed up for their Blue Chip Membership and had great service from them.Very quick,efficient,and polite.Our rental car was out the door and 5 spaces down...
I did not find the shuttle inconvenient or time consuming. It's an easy drop off.We drove the car in,the guy took our keys,we went inside to check out(sort of speak) and then hopped on the shuttle right outside the door back to the airport terminal. I have read alot of reviews from people who were not happy with Thrifty but we were very satisfied.
Debbie

inkkognito
05-03-2004, 09:02 PM
We have used Thrifty a couple of times when we couldn't get something better via Priceline. The first time, the shuttle was right there waiting. The second time, it drove off just as we walked up, and I pulled out my cell phone to call, but another one pulled up while I was on the phone. The wait in line was minor both times. One of the agents was kind of pushy on the insurance, but I signed up with Blue Chip so I won't have to deal with that anymore. After signing up, I received a coupon in the mail for 10 percent off my next rental.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.*****************

jiminy14
05-04-2004, 07:50 PM
Any more feedback?

Lewisc
05-05-2004, 09:19 AM
In Vegas they were putting clear stickers (about .25") over small dings. They said they would charge for ALL damage and was HARD SELLING the insurance. READ YOUR AGREEMENT, sometimes they interpert no insurance as a request for only basic insurance. The gas gague didn't show full. They told me that the gague didn't go all the way to F. It did when I filled the tank. I went inside and made them give me a credit when I returned the car. Examine the car with a fine tooth comb for damage.

I don't think Thrifty can make money with their rates and are playing the old game of making money on gas and damage waivers.

inkkognito
05-05-2004, 05:48 PM
To avoid the damage scam, we take digital photos of the car, no matter who we rent from. None of them has tried to pull this on us yet, but we like to be prepared just in case.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.*****************