PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Use Carlson Wagonlit Code for National

MEM
05-03-2004, 02:22 PM
Has anyone used the Carlson Wagonlit contract ID code to rent a car from National? I found it on Mary's Mousesavers website and after despairing of getting below $400 for an intermediate in August, I popped in that code and it dropped to $271!!!

Is this too good to be true? Nothing else has helped, not even the AARP code.

Please advise.

mark & sandra
05-03-2004, 03:44 PM
You should try another code: I used Vacation Outlet code from Mousesaver, Contract I.D. 6600330 along with coupon code 10008198 (15.00 off). This code combo took my National rate from 171.59 to 126.70. It's by far the best deal I've found....Mark

jiminy14
05-03-2004, 03:59 PM
I have used this code in the past with no problems. You do not have to present any form of ID at the exit booth.
If you are not limited to renting on site at MCO, you should check out Thrifty. I just reserved a full-size car with them for 17 days in August. Total cost with taxes: $375.00 They are currently offering full-size cars for $119.99/week. There is a code on Mousesavers for an additional 10% off. Thrifty is located off the airport near Hertz.

GAIL HAYDEN
05-03-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by MEM
Has anyone used the Carlson Wagonlit contract ID code to rent a car from National? I found it on Mary's Mousesavers website and after despairing of getting below $400 for an intermediate in August, I popped in that code and it dropped to $271!!!

Is this too good to be true? Nothing else has helped, not even the AARP code.

Please advise.

Nope, not too good to be true. Many have used it without problems, Mary does not post codes that will cause people problems. :)

MEM
05-04-2004, 07:54 AM
Actually, Mary said she had reports of 3 people who were hassled for using it at places other than Orlando. That is my concern because I am renting the car in Tampa and driving to Orlando a few days later.

Thanks to everyone for their responses and suggestions.

Pugsley
05-04-2004, 02:22 PM
Just want to let you know that I had a problem with it in Orlando last August. They charged me a higher rate when I returned the car and when I went into their office to question it, the guy kept staring at his computer and finally asked me if I was a travel agent. I said no and he said I shouldn't be using that rate. He went ahead and adjusted the charge but advised me not to try to use that rate again. I'm the only person I've heard of who had that problem, but I personally won't be trying to use that rate again.

Cora
05-04-2004, 05:21 PM
Just used it April 18 at MCO with no problem.
Cora