PDA

View Full Version : great news with Southwest

eljojo
05-02-2004, 12:46 PM
I called yesterday to get my family members separated on the confirmation, so we could do online checkin before we leave for the airport, and the rep told me to call back in a few weeks (we live in Aug). She said Southwest is starting a new system where we won't have to separate our family into different confirmation numbers to do the online checkin. She said they're working to make online checkin easier and more convenient for customers. Sounds good to me.

DMRick
05-02-2004, 01:20 PM
I just called to separate mine, and the gal suggested I not do it, because of a special promotion we got in the mail, that was only good if you booked online. She said we would only get one reward each way (instead of the 1.5 she said we get now, which was news to me), and it might not count as an online booking, so we may give up the special promotion, which we only get if booked online. So that said, we'll be off early to the airport, hoping to snag a A LOL

GAIL HAYDEN
05-02-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by DMRick
I just called to separate mine, and the gal suggested I not do it, because of a special promotion we got in the mail, that was only good if you booked online. She said we would only get one reward each way (instead of the 1.5 she said we get now, which was news to me), and it might not count as an online booking, so we may give up the special promotion, which we only get if booked online. So that said, we'll be off early to the airport, hoping to snag a A LOL

Hi,
This may require a bit more work, BUT, if your fares are still available cancel your current reservations and rebook them separately, thus having separate numbers and the RR credits.

DMRick
05-02-2004, 02:52 PM
This may require a bit more work, BUT, if your fares are still available cancel your current reservations and rebook them separately, thus having separate numbers and the RR credits.

No, the $49 rates are no longer available..so we'l just leave them alone of now. Don't want to take any chances on losing the free ticket we'll both ear to fly anywhere SW goes!

GAIL HAYDEN
05-02-2004, 03:21 PM
No, the $49 rates are no longer available..so we'l just leave them alone of now. Don't want to take any chances on losing the free ticket we'll both ear to fly anywhere SW goes!

did you sign up via the RR site when you booked the 49.00 ticket?
That is one of the requirements of this new promo.

DMRick
05-02-2004, 03:33 PM
Where are you seeing that..is that something other than Southwest.com?

Mine just says sign up at Southwest.com..no mention of any other way. And when I called she told me they qualify.

It does mention going to RR to sign up for new enhancements, but nothing that I see says I can't have made my ressies as usual through Southwest.com.

It says:

to receive this offer, travel must be completed between May 1, 2004 and Sept 30, 2004 and booked on southwest.com. That's where I booked it.

It then goes on to talk about credtis and changes, etc

Am I missing something??

DMRick
05-02-2004, 03:44 PM
Whew..I just called SW, and she said, that if I want my future trips to show up on my RR page, then I would need to be signed in to my RR when I book them, but I don't need them to show up to get credit. . She said any trip booked on line (and not through swavactions.com) will give me the needed credit...and she looked (again LOL) and said we are all set, as long as we actually fly.

Now, of course, I'm nervous, and hoping these really will count!

GAIL HAYDEN
05-02-2004, 10:09 PM
Whew..I just called SW, and she said, that if I want my future trips to show up on my RR page, then I would need to be signed in to my RR when I book them, but I don't need them to show up to get credit. . She said any trip booked on line (and not through swavactions.com) will give me the needed credit...and she looked (again LOL) and said we are all set, as long as we actually fly.

Now, of course, I'm nervous, and hoping these really will count!

I certainly did not wish to panic you, but, the way I read it, it appeared to have to be booked via the RR sign in. So, since I did not think the savings out of PVD were substancial enough to warrant driving twice the distance and paying to park ( I don't pay to park at Bradley) I rebooked out of Hartford. I did this via the RR sign in.