PDA

View Full Version : How Long are National's Lines on Friday Night?

HeatherC
05-02-2004, 12:02 PM
Hi - We arrive in MCO this Friday night around 9 and have a reservation for an intermediate with National. Since I am not an Emerald Aisle member, will I have a really long wait at the counter? Is it too late to join Emerald Aisle and will I have to pay a fee to join?

We've used Dollar all the other times we've rented here, so I have no idea how National compares.

Any info would be very much appreciated.

Thanks so much!
Heather C

GAIL HAYDEN
05-02-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by HeatherC
Hi - We arrive in MCO this Friday night around 9 and have a reservation for an intermediate with National. Since I am not an Emerald Aisle member, will I have a really long wait at the counter? Is it too late to join Emerald Aisle and will I have to pay a fee to join?

We've used Dollar all the other times we've rented here, so I have no idea how National compares.

Any info would be very much appreciated.

Thanks so much!
Heather C

Heather,
Go to www.mousesavers.com click on the link she has to join EC for free. Once you have joined and have a number, call National and ask to have your current reservation put on your EC.
If that is not possible, rebook it through the EC login. After you sign up on that link you will have an immediate number, hopefully your rate will be the same or less. This link to free EC will say they are going to charge you 50.00, but, that is a default screen and they will not charge you. If you are able to rebook at your current or better rate, make sure to cancel the first reservation.
Does this make sense?

HeatherC
05-02-2004, 02:42 PM
Gail - Thanks for responding! I was going to do that but then it said that your card doesn't arrive for 4-6 weeks. Don't I need the card when I pick up the car? If not, I'll definitely sign up. Just wanted to double check.

Thanks!
Heather

inkkognito
05-02-2004, 02:57 PM
If you end up having to wait in line, it shouldn't be too bad. We often fly into MCO on Friday nights and recently got National via Priceline. There was only one other person in front of us, unlike their sister company, Alamo, which had a full queue. I asked the agent, and he said they mostly deal with business customers so they are typically more crowded earlier. However, even if you get the card, you will still have to wait in a line to exit the garage along with all the Alamo customers. It wasn't too bad that night, even with the crowd we saw in line.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.*****************

GAIL HAYDEN
05-02-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by HeatherC
Gail - Thanks for responding! I was going to do that but then it said that your card doesn't arrive for 4-6 weeks. Don't I need the card when I pick up the car? If not, I'll definitely sign up. Just wanted to double check.

Thanks!
Heather

Nope, don't ever really need the car if you opt to do it cardless, it will show you this on the sign up site. It will be tied to your license and credit card. you will have the number when you complete your online enrollment. Just copy down the number.
Let me know if I can help further.