PDA

View Full Version : National Full size selection??

zippehsmom
05-01-2004, 10:27 PM
I originally had a reservation with a Intermediate on EA; however, with the changes that they have made, I would like to make sure that we have at least a full size car.

So, I made a reservation for Intermediate and used 2 car class upgrade coupon which makes this a full size.

Can anyone tell me what kind of cars are usually found on Nationals Full Size aisle?

Thanks

Zippehsmom:D

disneyeveryyear
05-01-2004, 10:42 PM
We went down in early April and picked up a full-size from Alamo (shares cars with National.)

We picked a Buick Century (very nice).

There were also a lot of Monte Carlos, PT Cruisers and Centuries.

I can't remember what else.

GAIL HAYDEN
05-01-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by zippehsmom
I originally had a reservation with a Intermediate on EA; however, with the changes that they have made, I would like to make sure that we have at least a full size car.

So, I made a reservation for Intermediate and used 2 car class upgrade coupon which makes this a full size.

Can anyone tell me what kind of cars are usually found on Nationals Full Size aisle?

Thanks

Zippehsmom:D

Impalas and Intrepids along with the others mentioned.

zippehsmom
05-02-2004, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the replies.

Does anyone know what the trunk space looks like in these cars. We are a family of 5 and will have a double stroller.

I've looked into renting a minivan, but the rates are ridiculous during the time period we are going, July 10-20th.

I opted to go with the full size instead of taking my chances on EA.

Thanks again

zippehsmom:D

scratchboat
05-02-2004, 08:51 AM
Is your double stroller a side-by-side jogging model or a narrow front & back model? I placed my side-by-side jogger in my Honda Accord (mid-size) trunk and it left room for only a couple of small suitcases or duffel bags along side it! There are only four of us going on my trip - we plan to put some luggage in the back seat for the trip from the airport to hotel. After that stroller is all that needs to be in trunk anyway 'til it's time to head back to airport.

Best to pack several smaller, "soft-sided" bags than a few large hard-sided suitcases if you must fit everything in the trunk. And I agree, there are no good deals on minivans. Minivans are at least $100/week more than full size cars!

zippehsmom
05-02-2004, 08:56 AM
Thanks scratchboat. My stroller is the narrow front & back model. I was thinking the same thing about what type of luggage we pack. For my 2 DD's they each have small child size suitcase with backpacks, and DS usually packs his things in a duffel. Now if I could only get DH to pack lighter:rolleyes: . His clothes seem to take up so much space.

We plan on washing half way through the trip. Last vacation I packed way to much, but we had 1 less child, 1 less carseat and only a single stroller.

Thanks for the tips:D

coachYO & my 3 girls
05-02-2004, 10:26 AM
You mean full size cars include, Pt Cruisers, also?
Just wondering, it might be fun to have a different car than 1 I would ever drive at home. Thanks, YO

:bounce: :Pinkbounc princess: princess:

Poly Pal
05-02-2004, 10:46 AM
Full size at National can also mean Mitsubishi Gallants and Chevy Malibu's (not the nicer new ones - the Malibu Classic that they are selling only to fleets).

GAIL HAYDEN
05-02-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Poly Pal
Full size at National can also mean Mitsubishi Gallants and Chevy Malibu's (not the nicer new ones - the Malibu Classic that they are selling only to fleets).

I find that hysterical in as much as they are considered intermediates by the mfg. In fact, one attendant told me that the Gallant was a intermediate car. Another told me the Malibu was a full size. Both seem smaller than my Accord which is considered a mid size.

hercamore
05-02-2004, 11:54 AM
Hi, if you are looking for a large trunk, the Dodge Intrepid's is HUGE.

herc.

GAIL HAYDEN
05-02-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by hercamore
Hi, if you are looking for a large trunk, the Dodge Intrepid's is HUGE.

herc.

As is the Impala's. Both are very nice cars. One day when I had WAY too much time on my hands, I did a trunk size comparison and the Impala's trunk is actually larger than the Intrepid's.

Impala - 18.6 with a 17.0 gal. gas tank.
Intrepid- 18.4 with a 17.0 gal. gas tank.

zippehsmom
05-02-2004, 05:16 PM
Thanks for all the responses.

Gail that info is very helpful. I will try for the Impala or the Intrepid.

Thanks again.

BTW, Coachyo &my3girls
the PT Cruiser does not have a lot of room in it. We got one last time on EA, and it did not have a lot of trunk room.

zippehsmom

GAIL HAYDEN
05-02-2004, 09:54 PM
Thanks for all the responses.

Gail that info is very helpful. I will try for the Impala or the Intrepid.

Thanks again.

BTW, Coachyo &my3girls
the PT Cruiser does not have a lot of room in it. We got one last time on EA, and it did not have a lot of trunk room.

zippehsmom

I have more, want them? LOL

coachYO & my 3 girls
05-03-2004, 10:34 AM
Of course! Gail your wealth of information and help is fantastic. I'd take all the help I can to make this trip the best I can for my family.
Thanks for all you do.
YO & I bet many others

:bounce: :Pinkbounc princess: princess:

zippehsmom
05-03-2004, 12:24 PM
I second that:teeth:

DebbieB
05-03-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by GAIL HAYDEN
As is the Impala's. Both are very nice cars. One day when I had WAY too much time on my hands, I did a trunk size comparison and the Impala's trunk is actually larger than the Intrepid's.

Impala - 18.6 with a 17.0 gal. gas tank.
Intrepid- 18.4 with a 17.0 gal. gas tank.

Gail, i can verify that Impala has a huge trunk. We just got back from the Winn-Dixie, one of our liters of Sprite rolled to the back. I had to literally climb in to get it!

GAIL HAYDEN
05-03-2004, 07:19 PM
Ok, here goes:

Alero - 14.6 cubic feet - 14.1 gal. gas tank
Galant - 13.3 cubic feet - 16.3 gal. gas tank
Malibu - 17.3 cubic feet - 14.1 gal. gas tank
Impala- 18.6 cubic feet - 17.0 gal. gas tank
Regal - 16.7 cubic feet - 17.0 gal. gas tank
Century - 16.7 cubic feet - 17.0 gal. gas tank
Sebring - 16.3 cubic feet - 16.0 gal. gas tank
Sebring (convert) 11.3 cubic feet - 16.0 gal gas tank
Intrepid - 18.4 cubic feet - 17.0 gal. gas tank
Grand Am - 14.6 cubic feet - 14.0 gal. gas tank

Hope this helps. As I said, I had WAY too much time on my hands. :)

And, I am always happy to help and it is nice to be appreciated, thank you. :)

Edited to correct the size of the Galant.

zippehsmom
05-04-2004, 08:31 AM
Geez Gail you are a wealth of information.:D

Thanks so much!!

Maybe you should have a information hotline;)

WendyWorld
05-04-2004, 09:53 AM
Here's what I have traveling with me, my normal Size DH and 3 small children including 1 infant car seat. 2 BIG suit cases, 1 medium, 1 small, a few pack packs, one small carry on and my LAPTOP, I have reserved a FULL size car from Alamo, which is best for me....OH AND a regular size stroller!

GAIL HAYDEN
05-04-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by WendyWorld
Here's what I have traveling with me, my normal Size DH and 3 small children including 1 infant car seat. 2 BIG suit cases, 1 medium, 1 small, a few pack packs, one small carry on and my LAPTOP, I have reserved a FULL size car from Alamo, which is best for me....OH AND a regular size stroller!

A full size with the largest trunk. All the above mentioned cars are available(or stocked I should say) at Alamo, you get to pick your own car.

GAIL HAYDEN
05-04-2004, 04:29 PM
Geez Gail you are a wealth of information.:D

Thanks so much!!

Maybe you should have a information hotline;)

Welcome anytime!!! :) No hotline for me, I hate phones.

frannn
06-14-2004, 09:37 AM
I saw Chevy Monte Carlo being listed here somewhere as a full size at National. What is the trunk measurements of that? I would like to compare it to what you already posted for the Impala and Intrepid, so I know which car to pick (rented full size). DH, me, DDalmost 2 and DD11 are going. We will have a small stroller and 3 big suitcases, diaper bag, and 1 carryon. We may end up with one extra duffel if we can't fit everything in 3 cases. Will it be really tight?

Kes
06-14-2004, 12:56 PM
Full Size at National also includes the Toyota Camry. I drive one at home and love to find one on the aisle. It's easier than getting used to a new kind of car - everything's already where I expect it to be. ;)

Oh, the trunk is 16.7 cubic feet and the gas tank is 18.5 gallons. ::yes::

PatMcDuck
06-14-2004, 02:23 PM
National full size aisle had many Aztecs when we were there in April. HUGE trunk area. Wish we took it instead of the Grand Prix.

GAIL HAYDEN
06-14-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by frannn
I saw Chevy Monte Carlo being listed here somewhere as a full size at National. What is the trunk measurements of that? I would like to compare it to what you already posted for the Impala and Intrepid, so I know which car to pick (rented full size). DH, me, DDalmost 2 and DD11 are going. We will have a small stroller and 3 big suitcases, diaper bag, and 1 carryon. We may end up with one extra duffel if we can't fit everything in 3 cases. Will it be really tight?

I don't have the dimensions on that one, but, if you access the Chevy website, you can get the info there.

GAIL HAYDEN
06-14-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Kes
Full Size at National also includes the Toyota Camry. I drive one at home and love to find one on the aisle. It's easier than getting used to a new kind of car - everything's already where I expect it to be. ;)

Oh, the trunk is 61.7 cubic feet and the gas tank is 18.5 gallons. ::yes::

61.7cf, wow, that is like dumptruck size. :)

Kes
06-15-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by GAIL HAYDEN
61.7cf, wow, that is like dumptruck size. :)

Oops :o I should have re-read my message. Dimensions corrected. Thanks Gail ;)