PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Southwest

WDW4KIDS
05-01-2004, 06:03 PM
IN June of 2003 I booked travel with Southwest f on 2 seperate occasions for an August vacation to WDW..I booked a flight for my family and I and than canceled it because I got a better rate using the famous "code".I than rebooked it using the same credit card not knowing that Southwest charged the card again.I became ill the day before our trip and was hospitalized for 2 weeks.I couldn't travel for quite some time.I'm in the process of rebooking an August trip but the Customer rep at Southwest said travel must be completed by June 23rd or I'll lose $1500.My wife can't vacation till August.SWA said to contact Customer service in Dallas and see what happens.What recourse do I have and will SWA make good on extending my credit till August?

lawgs
05-01-2004, 08:10 PM
they sometimes can extend "travel vouchers" for an extra 6 months...they have done that for my mother in law

you can renew a soon to expire RR award by paying 50$ ( have done that myself last year )

if you can talk to the right person, they will probably work something out for you....

you do not necessarily have to use the credit for yourself, you could book a flight for someone friends or other family before the june 23 date ( and do a swap with them somehow ....like some $$$ for the ticket )

good luck....in the best sense

DreamH
05-05-2004, 12:53 PM
:bounce:

Where can I find the Southwest code? or what code did you use?

DMRick
05-05-2004, 01:35 PM
I than rebooked it using the same credit card not knowing that Southwest charged the card again

I don't understand this. Why would they use the same credit card? Once you paid via cc and cancelled, the credit would be with southwest, You shouldn't have had to recharge the trip again.

They do tell you when you cancel (or at least I've always seen it when I've cancelled), that you have to use your credit within one year of booking. While SW is IMO one of the best in customer service (without paying a large fee from the airlines, you can't usually "credit" your cancellation), if they let everyone just cancel and rebook whenever, I imagine the paperwork would be terrible for them. How long did you believe you had to rebook?

Hopefully SW will help you out, but I would be surprised. I actually am using another Diser's "credit" for my next two trips, since she had to cancel because of illness, and SW wouldn't extend it for her. Maybe, as suggested, you can work that out with someone else.

Good luck : )

GAIL HAYDEN
05-05-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by DreamH
:bounce:

Where can I find the Southwest code? or what code did you use?

That was last year and there are no codes out now. They are sent to Rapid Rewards members randomly.

GAIL HAYDEN
05-05-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by DMRick
I don't understand this. Why would they use the same credit card? Once you paid via cc and cancelled, the credit would be with southwest, You shouldn't have had to recharge the trip again.

They do tell you when you cancel (or at least I've always seen it when I've cancelled), that you have to use your credit within one year of booking. While SW is IMO one of the best in customer service (without paying a large fee from the airlines, you can't usually "credit" your cancellation), if they let everyone just cancel and rebook whenever, I imagine the paperwork would be terrible for them. How long did you believe you had to rebook?

Hopefully SW will help you out, but I would be surprised. I actually am using another Diser's "credit" for my next two trips, since she had to cancel because of illness, and SW wouldn't extend it for her. Maybe, as suggested, you can work that out with someone else.

Good luck : )

I get the feeling he got charged again because he did not use his "funds from a prior reservation" and just rebooked as if it were a new reservation. A very easy mistake to make, but, costly.

DMRick
05-05-2004, 06:19 PM
I get the feeling he got charged again because he did not use his "funds from a prior reservation" and just rebooked as if it were a new reservation.
Ahh. You are prob right..although that would be a big assumption, since you would have had to have purchased tix that allow you to cancel to get credited the whole fair, and that's usually only business people that buy those.
If in fact he's now noticing that he'll lose it if he doesn't book, I'd try to find friends or family who want to fly...better to give it away if you can't find someone to "buy" it, than to just lose it.

GAIL HAYDEN
05-05-2004, 06:43 PM
the word "code" was in there, and I believe those codes are good on everything BUT, the refundable anytime etc. fares.
In fact, if he had those refundable anytime fares, he would have had his money back already.
I agree, he could sell them on ebay, those people pay a huge amount of money for fares for sale, apparently they have NEVER heard of internet specials. :)